Vaccinations for Canadian cruise?

carqueen1

According to Princess website you are responsible for knowing if vaccinations are required for your cruise. We are going from California to Vancouver and I saw nothing on the travel website to check to see if canada cruises are requiring any vaccinations....Anyone know any more info???

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Canada is one of the world's healthiest industrialized countries with a health care system that is considered by WHO (World Health Organization) to be superior to the US. No vaccinations are required. US government recommendations for Canada are exactly the same as for the US and you can check any country out at http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/default.aspx for Americans. Canadians are suggested to see their local health clinic and maintain their immunizations up to date before visiting the US and to carry special health care insurance when visiting the US. Warnings on on the government and provincial health care websites.

Nope, no extra protection needed for Canada. Maybe a coat, but that is all you'll need. sorry just being silly about the coat comment.

Don't forget your mukluks and your snowshoes to get from ship to port shops. The locals like cod tongues.

Ok, Ok,

I expected to get thoroughly flamed over my posting, but all I see is tossed prairie oysters--- reminds me of the chicken cannon on the Royal Canadian Air Farce.

Vaccinations for Canada: Jeez, I was born and raised in California, and the lack of knowledge south of the border about my adopted country still amazes me. It's not your fault, OP, but to your administration and your media, we just don't exist, even though we are your largest trading partner.

OK Folks,

I've heard these types of comments for 40 years from our so called neighbours south of the 49th parallel, so here we go for our non-knowledgeable American neighbours:

1. We don't have a President we have a Prime Minister;

2. We don't have states, we have provinces;

3. We don't have chesterfields we have sofas;

4. Contrary to what you hear from your administration in Washington we are not the drug capital of the world that would require concertina wire along your borders to keep you in;

5. Contrary to what you might even believe there is no 7 foot wall of ice at the 49th parallel. If there was your administration would not be that concerned because nobody could really climb that 7 foot wall;

6. Yes we have beer at an alcohol level that makes American beer taste and look like training beer and Primo Hawaiian beer like "p**water"; and

7. God forbid we're a darn site healthier as a nation than the US to our south and can handle really cold weather (-75 degrees, when it's that cold Fahrenheit or Celsius doesn't matter anymore);

If you make plans to go somewhere it's just simple to google what you're looking for and seek the answer online. You have a computer otherwise you wouldn't have made your question public. I'd treat this as a self-inflicted wound...ouch!

To all my American friends...my apologies, BUT after 40 years I'm sick of listening to such uninformed remarks. Perhaps a better schooling system that teaches about other parts of the world would be a good start. Thanks for the opportunity to vent gang.

Ciao for now!!!

Canadians still live in Igloos too. :D

It amazes me how alot of people in the US don't even know where Canada is. I told a US friend I was going to Canada on vacation. She asked me what state Canada was in. :eek:

It's not the American's fault. Schools here dont teach about Canada. U.S. News never says a word about Canada either. It's like it doesnt exist. :rolleyes:

If my memory serves me correctly - weren't the Canadians (or British posing as Canadians perhaps) the last/only country to invade the USA?

My favourite question about my country is - "how long is the drive between Sydney and Auckland (over the harbour bridge)...???":confused:

OK Folks,

I've heard these types of comments for 40 years from our so called neighbours south of the 49th parallel, so here we go for our non-knowledgeable American neighbours:

1. We don't have a President we have a Prime Minister;

2. We don't have states, we have provinces;

3. We don't have chesterfields we have sofas;

4. Contrary to what you hear from your administration in Washington we are not the drug capital of the world that would require concertina wire along your borders to keep you in;

5. Contrary to what you might even believe there is no 7 foot wall of ice at the 49th parallel. If there was your administration would not be that concerned because nobody could really climb that 7 foot wall;

6. Yes we have beer at an alcohol level that makes American beer taste and look like training beer and Primo Hawaiian beer like "p**water"; and

7. God forbid we're a darn site healthier as a nation than the US to our south and can handle really cold weather (-75 degrees, when it's that cold Fahrenheit or Celsius doesn't matter anymore);

If you make plans to go somewhere it's just simple to google what you're looking for and seek the answer online. You have a computer otherwise you wouldn't have made your question public. I'd treat this as a self-inflicted wound...ouch!

To all my American friends...my apologies, BUT after 40 years I'm sick of listening to such uninformed remarks. Perhaps a better schooling system that teaches about other parts of the world would be a good start. Thanks for the opportunity to vent gang.

Ciao for now!!!

Hi Ron: How in the heck are you. This thread gave me a chuckle. By the way we here in the U.S. call them sofas or couchs not chesterfields either. I have not used that word in years.:D

Marilyn

On our recent cruise out of NYC on the Crown, people would ask us where we were from. When we said Nova Scotia, they would be amazed that we had travelled so far. Now really, NS and NY are not that far away from each other. It is only two hours by plane and lots of people just drive there from here. They are also amazed that the temperatures get up to 80's & 90'sF.

OK all my Canadian friends, I must point out that the OP said they were traveling from California to Vancover. Most of us here "downunder" have long ago disassociated ourselves from the "left coast" Heck, a lot of us have been drinking Labatts forever! I, myself have had Moose Fever twice, and must take regular doses of Canadian whiskey to prevent a relapse. I have even been to Nova Scotia 3 times and listen to Anne Murrey and Gorden Lightfoot.

(You are required to have at least one Rappi pie before they will let you out of Nova Scotia.)

fair winds

Dave

OK all my Canadian friends, I must point out that the OP said they were traveling from California to Vancover. Most of us here "downunder" have long ago disassociated ourselves from the "left coast" Heck, a lot of us have been drinking Labatts forever! I, myself have had Moose Fever twice, and must take regular doses of Canadian whiskey to prevent a relapse. I have even been to Nova Scotia 3 times and listen to Anne Murrey and Gorden Lightfoot.

(You are required to have at least one Rappi pie before they will let you out of Nova Scotia.)

fair winds

Dave

...and ya never know what bug you might catch in the North Channel! ...heading back this morning

Canadians still live in Igloos too. :D

It amazes me how alot of people in the US don't even know where Canada is. I told a US friend I was going to Canada on vacation. She asked me what state Canada was in. :eek:

It's not the American's fault. Schools here dont teach about Canada. U.S. News never says a word about Canada either. It's like it doesnt exist. :rolleyes:

Isn't canada part of England????

For the OP, no vaccinations required however don't forget to strap your canoe to the luggage rack on top of the airplane :D. Also remember to pack your skates - you will need them.

I don't blame our American friends for not knowing much about us...it is an example of the timeless story of the elephant and mouse...the mouse has to know the whereabouts of the elephant at all times while the elephant does not have to know where the mouse is or what it is doing. Care to guess who is the elephant....

For sailingkiwi, the last time the U.S. and Canada went at it was the War of 1812. Since that time our two nations have shared the longest undefended border in the world :) I do hear however the Pentagon still has an invasion plan collecting a little dust. :D

If my memory serves me correctly - weren't the Canadians (or British posing as Canadians perhaps) the last/only country to invade the USA?

My favourite question about my country is - "how long is the drive between Sydney and Auckland (over the harbour bridge)...???":confused:

The "White House" is "white" because we burned it in a raid during the war....

Now we over charge them for oil and gas.... away more fun! :rolleyes:

The "White House" is "white" because we burned it in a raid during the war....

Now we over charge them for oil and gas.... away more fun! :rolleyes:

Yup, in 1814 the Brits sailed into Chesapeake Bay, landed troops and invaded Washington amongst other towns. The burning of the White House and a few other public buildings was a direct planned retaliation for the Americans burning York (Toronto) and the Upper Canada capital of Newark (Niagara on the Lake).

To the good, Americans wouldn't have the Star Spangled Banner as their national anthem if this little event hadn't taken place. :)

For the OP, no vaccinations required however don't forget to strap your canoe to the luggage rack on top of the airplane :D. Also remember to pack your skates - you will need them.

I don't blame our American friends for not knowing much about us...it is an example of the timeless story of the elephant and mouse...the mouse has to know the whereabouts of the elephant at all times while the elephant does not have to know where the mouse is or what it is doing. Care to guess who is the elephant....

For sailingkiwi, the last time the U.S. and Canada went at it was the War of 1812. Since that time our two nations have shared the longest undefended border in the world :) I do hear however the Pentagon still has an invasion plan collecting a little dust. :D

Thanks, I laughed my self sick. First Ron now you. Okay you fellow Yanks. Flame away. I am embarrassed as to the lack of knowledge of other parts of the world. I am 55 and was educated in the California public school system, back when it was actually good and geography was part of our stuides, along with world history, social studies, etc. Now all we worry about is whether or not we are ruining little Johnnies self esteem. So what we have now is a bunch of rather uneducated children with the best self esteem you have ever seen running around. Okay off my box for now.

And don't forget, that alot of those expensive drugs you buy here, are sold to Canada for much less by the same pharmecutical companies that are ripping you off.

Well enough said. I am off to get my vaccine to prevent canukitis.

Shelley

P.S. I taught my 25 year old daughter geography and social studies because she wasn't getting in school. She may still have too much self esteem, but she is aware of the world around us.

Archived