Two Queens and Sun Princess 24th February

cheznandy

Not without your lovely mother, you don't!!:eek:

Jarrod's mum

My goodness Leonie, I did a double take. :eek: Lovely to hear from you. That makes 3 posts in 2.5 years. Not bad....... :p Nice to see you got the computer for a change. ;)

Phil and I are hoping to be there for this one as well. We are busy trying to get out of an organised weekend so we can go to Sydney with the CCers.

We will know for sure by Monday.

hi there

Just happened to notice your thread, and I had made enquiries earlier today about a dinner cruise to see the Queens. A friend is doing the NY to LA maiden voyage on the QV . She will be on it in NY when the 3 Queens are together. My puter is not behaving itself so would someone be kind enough to fill me in on what you have organised as my DH and I would be very interested in joining it too.

Thanks Heaps

Denise

hi there

Just happened to notice your thread, and I had made enquiries earlier today about a dinner cruise to see the Queens. A friend is doing the NY to LA maiden voyage on the QV . She will be on it in NY when the 3 Queens are together. My puter is not behaving itself so would someone be kind enough to fill me in on what you have organised as my DH and I would be very interested in joining it too.

Thanks Heaps

Denise

Denise all the info is in post 74. We are doing the lunch cruise as both Queens will be in and the Sun Princess leaving at 4pm.

Chez

xx

Just an update for those interested, Rhythmboat is taking payments for the cruise for those that have only put their name down and not paid.

They have also updated their website with more info

http://www.rhythmboat.com.au/qe2/index.html

I was just checking hotels in Sydney for the Saturday night, they have started to up the prices already as the 3 ships will be in. Cloakanddagger (Karen)and I have booked Glennferrie Lodge http://www.glenferrielodge.com/index.php in Kirribilli, is a 5 minute walk to the ferry which can take us to Darling Harbour for the cruise, will just save being right in the city, as I know what it was like last time driving:eek:

It is only 3 star, $129 p/n inc breakfast. Apparently is opposite The Prime Ministers house and the park has great views of the harbour.

Just letting those know that are intending to stay the night before or that night.

Chez

xx

I was just checking hotels in Sydney for the Saturday night, they have started to up the prices already as the 3 ships will be in. Cloakanddagger (Karen)and I have booked Glennferrie Lodge http://www.glenferrielodge.com/index.php in Kirribilli, is a 5 minute walk to the ferry which can take us to Darling Harbour for the cruise, will just save being right in the city, as I know what it was like last time driving:eek:

It is only 3 star, $129 p/n inc breakfast. Apparently is opposite The Prime Ministers house and the park has great views of the harbour.

Just letting those know that are intending to stay the night before or that night.

Chez

xx

That sounds good. Can a Sydney sider please advise how accessible it is to transport to the Airport? We have a flight back to Brisbane at 8am on Monday morning. We're going to stay with Martin's brother at Parramatta on Saturday night - but thought we'd stay closer in to town on Sunday night to make it quicker/easier to get to the Airport.

That sounds good. Can a Sydney sider please advise how accessible it is to transport to the Airport? We have a flight back to Brisbane at 8am on Monday morning. We're going to stay with Martin's brother at Parramatta on Saturday night - but thought we'd stay closer in to town on Sunday night to make it quicker/easier to get to the Airport.

Kim and Martin,

Karen is also staying there Sunday night as she is flying back to Melbourne Monday too!!

I know that you can ferry it across to Circular Quay, and get a train or whatever from there, just give them a call and I am sure they could tell you the best option.

Chez

xx

Its not far from the city to the aiport, even with traffic on monday morning you wouldnt need to leave more then an hour before your checkin time. Most of the traffic would be going into town rather then out, but its been a long time since I have had to commute to the city so I would say an hour to be on the safe side. There is a train that goes there but its a little pricy at around $22 each. Taxis arent cheap but one shouldnt cost $44. You may be able to pick up a shuttle from your hotel.

Denise

Denise all the info is in post 74. We are doing the lunch cruise as both Queens will be in and the Sun Princess leaving at 4pm.

Chez

xx

Thanks Chez,

I also read your last post so its the 11.45am cruise on the 24th for $75. I will ring and book tomorrow

Denise & Kevin

Its not far from the city to the aiport, even with traffic on monday morning you wouldnt need to leave more then an hour before your checkin time. Most of the traffic would be going into town rather then out, but its been a long time since I have had to commute to the city so I would say an hour to be on the safe side. There is a train that goes there but its a little pricy at around $22 each. Taxis arent cheap but one shouldnt cost $44. You may be able to pick up a shuttle from your hotel.

Denise

$22 for the train to the Airport?? Didn't think it was that much, thought that last time we used it it was about the same as Brisbane's, around $15.

Thanks Chez,

I also read your last post so its the 11.45am cruise on the 24th for $75. I will ring and book tomorrow

Denise & Kevin

Denise and Kevin,

Yes, it is the lunch cruise on the 24th. Just tell them that you are with the Cruise Critic group, I spoke with Alan today and he said there are already 20 of us, really glad you can make it:)

Chez

xx

Kim and Martin,

Just a thought, if both yourselves and Karen are heading to the airport Monday, and staying in the same place, you may be able to go together, save$$$$:D

http://www.kst.com.au/airport.php think there were some recommendations for this on one of our other threads

Chez

xx

It was probaby about 3 years since we caught the train so maybe we had returns, cant really remember but I know we decided it was cheaper for us to catch a taxi in future

Denise

Just had a look on the City Rail website and it's $13.40 one way for an adult from Central Station (or any of the city stations) to the Domestic Airport.

That's 40 cents dearer than from the Brisbane city stations to Brisbane Airport, but it's a shorter trip from Sydney to Sydney Airport.

Well I took the risk and booked online. If we get seperated from the group, so be it. That may be a blessing in diguise.;) :p

Have the confirmation/Itinerary, voucher and Invoice.....roll on 24/2.:)

This will be an early Mothers Day present for you mum.;) Just kidding...

Archived