Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

I reserved a cabin for my mom and I on aquaclass. She wanted a regular concierge class, but for $80 more it might be more fun to go to Blu and do spa stuff. She loves doing that.

Now I just have to convince her of this. :D

Hey, Dede...when is your cruise?

Hey, Dede...when is your cruise?

Jan 25 - assuming mom says yes. :D

She actually said yes already (to concierge class), but was a little hesitant since it's so far away. But that's the day we agreed upon.

From Celebrity's Solstice website: "From the atmospheric indulgences of controlled mood lighting, music and ambient sound, and lavish scent selection, to the soothing delight of the 5 head Hansgrohe showerheads and menu of plush pillows, your stateroom indulgences are endless."

Sounds like they add music, adjustable ligthing, and different choices of scents...in addition to the Concierge Class benefits.

Thank you.

I also wondered about the Blu restaurant. Since it's a specialty restaurant, does an Aquaclass passenger have to pay each night to dine there? If so, I know my mom will nix that cabin class!

Thank you.

I also wondered about the Blu restaurant. Since it's a specialty restaurant, does an Aquaclass passenger have to pay each night to dine there? If so, I know my mom will nix that cabin class!

Hi Dede:) I am almost positive Blu is included for those who

have Aqua Class cabins.

I think the rest of us have to pay extra if we want to eat there.

Blu is included in the rate that the AC passengers pay. But since the AC rate is higher than some other rates, in a sense passengers *are* paying extra to dine there -- but they are paying in advance as part of the cruise fare, not every night as an extra on-board charge.

Celebrity Man,

We too are hoping there is room for CPAPs cause we both must travel with them AND we are booked for the Solstice maiden voyage. I would really hate to have to cancel. We are looking forward to going on our first maiden voyage and being in the Aqua Class cabin. Here's hoping...

Why would there not be room for the CPAP?

I was wondering if there is going to be any other specialty rest. other than Blu?-and-someone correct me if I'm wrong- is for the exclusive use of Aquaclass guests? That is the only thing that is keeping me from booking an Aquaclass;not to interested in healthful eating when on a cruise! LOL;) So do you think there will be other specialty rest.'s? This would be my first cruise with X. We are going to book the 3/22/09 sailing next week while on board the Mariner. Thanks! Angel:)

No one said the Blu is only going to be "healthy eating". They specifically told the TA's that that is NOT the case. There will be "spa items" on the menu just like on the dining room menu now. But it is not a nuts, berry and grass dining room.:D

I am not happy about the design of the balcony cabins on Solstice because having the bed next to balcony basically cuts up the area into three: entrance sitting area, bed area, and then balcony.

Keeping the sitting area next to the balcony area gives a good expanse for "Living" as opposed to sleeping.

Balconies wtih a living area work well for me and DH. He can go to sleep early, and I can sit on the balcony or in the sitting area and read.

However, We are scheduled to cruise on Jewel of the Seas next September and will have the opportunity to see just how we like the sitting-bed-balcony arrangement.

I am not happy about the design of the balcony cabins on Solstice because having the bed next to balcony basically cuts up the area into three: entrance sitting area, bed area, and then balcony.

Keeping the sitting area next to the balcony area gives a good expanse for "Living" as opposed to sleeping.

Balconies wtih a living area work well for me and DH. He can go to sleep early, and I can sit on the balcony or in the sitting area and read.

However, We are scheduled to cruise on Jewel of the Seas next September and will have the opportunity to see just how we like the sitting-bed-balcony arrangement.

Crabby,

Per Celebrity, with the inter-locking design of the cabins half of the cabins will have the beds near the door and half will have them by the balcony. So I believe you should be able to request a cabin with the bed where you prefer it to be. Hope this helps.

Leo

Blu is included in the rate that the AC passengers pay. But since the AC rate is higher than some other rates, in a sense passengers *are* paying extra to dine there -- but they are paying in advance as part of the cruise fare, not every night as an extra on-board charge.

The difference between the AC rate and the CC rate is $4.29/pp/per day or $30/pp/per week. Now that covers unlimited use of the Persian Gardens, which I believe would normally be about $12-$15/day AND the specialty restaurant charge, which is usually $30/pp/per visit. So a visit to a specialty restaurant every night of the cruise for two would total

$420.00 and let's est. a Persian Garden wkly pass at $75/pp x 2 = $150

$150.00 now IF my math is correct that comes to somewhere around

$570.00 for the week - I think that is a whole lot more than the $60 more we will be paying for our AC room. And that does not count that our room and balcony will be a little bigger, a good chance of fewer children in the dining room + all of the other amenities. WOW - I ALREADY THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD DEAL, you just made me see it was even a better bargain than I thought - THANK YOU Leela:D

Just off the Connie, and I talked to the booking agent on the cruise re the Solstice (we are booked for b2b, Jan 09).

I asked about the various classifications of rooms and what amenities each will have. Her information re Blu is that they will feature the same food as the main dining room plus a variety of "healthy" foods. The attatraction is that you do get a choice of healthy food, and also a private dining room with no children, and it is suppose to be very much like fine dining. Very exclusive, and as we know, it is only for the AC folks.

I presently have an SV, and am not really happy that it has a connecting door, and may change to a cabin that is not. When I booked via the deck plan on the web site it did not show the cabin I booked as connecting.

Very exclusive, and as we know, it is only for the AC folks.

And on Summit we were told it could be reserved by anyone if space was available...

The master of Solstice will be Captain Panagiotis Skylogiannis who just left Summit yesterday.

I like the bed by the balcony, myself. Just off the Brilliance and loved that i could sleep while my partner read in the sitting area and he didn't need to pass though to get to the bath. also, having the bed next to the balcony made the room seem much larger than chopping up the room by putting the bed in middle.

and also a private dining room with no children, and it is suppose to be very much like fine dining. Very exclusive, and as we know, it is only for the AC folks.

I wonder if you have a suite if they will let you eat in that dining room also? :rolleyes:

I wonder if you have a suite if they will let you eat in that dining room also? :rolleyes:

Maybe on a space-available basis (i.e., they don't sell all the AQ class on a sailing. The room has 130 seats, there are 130 AQ cabins and two seatings. It seems to be a perk exclusive to AQ. On the other hand, all of the material seems to indicate that suite folks will get free Persian Garden.

We were told that Blu will be available dependent on the AC people. So if they have reservations elsewhere or plan on eating in the dining room you should be able to get in. Ditto of course if AC is not sold out on your sailing. On the flip side, if you are in AC and want to eat in the dining room, you have another thing to finagle.

We were told that Blu will be available dependent on the AC people. So if they have reservations elsewhere or plan on eating in the dining room you should be able to get in. Ditto of course if AC is not sold out on your sailing. On the flip side, if you are in AC and want to eat in the dining room, you have another thing to finagle.

I certainly hope that if someone in AQ class wants to eat in the elsewhere that others do not automatically get a shot at eating in Blu. My point is this: we are traveling in a group of 6 and since we'll all be AQ. I hope that doesn't mean that if Mike and I eat elsewhere one night that strangers are foisted onto our traveling mates. I hope the only vacancy created in Blu is when they don't sell the class out or when an entire table is absent.

Also, since Blu is thus far rumoured to be the main room food with healthier options added, I'm not sure why someone from Blu would want to eat there.

What does interlocking mean? Are these cabins with inside access to the one next door (connecting cabins) as well as balconies that can be combined?

We are booked for the Inaugural so our cabin is already selected. It's a nice midships hump (for which we paid a bit more) with hopefully with a bit larger balcony but who knows?? Also hope it is not over a loud area.

Sure hope we get one with the couch near the door--I really dislike the other layout--what a waste to have the interior sitting area & bed next to the balcony door. Also the cabin looks very narrow to me, esp with the ihgh hutch. Does it remind anyone of a 60's dorm room..maybe this boomer panel is seeking its roots,,

I'm a boomer & expected something a bit more classy like the Mercury refurb style of cabin.

Nevertheless the excitement builds as each bit of info is revealed...

If you look at the ship layout you will see that at times a ship may jaunt out on the side which is commonly referred to as the bump or hump since sometimes those cabins tend to be a bit larger or have a larger balcony.

For example in the Solstice Sunrise deck plan on the port side; the stateroom 7211 begins the jaunt and 7247 is at the end. The staterroms in between are called the in the bump.

Archived