Kite Flying on Ship

FishPunkin

Yes, you can....

2813627690101256106S425x425Q85.jpg

This is from Carnivals website:

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

Bill

Due to "Safety Concerns", the following items cannot be utilized on board but may be brought on board for use in port, only:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

Bill

Mr. Bill,

Its on Carnival who do you know that follow the rules? :D

Fred

Mr. Bill,

Fred

Fred,

Don't get me started. lol

Since your ear let me aska quick question. Thinking of doing the exotic Mex Riv 8 day on Spirit from San Diego. Any recommendations for a good hotel?

Now back to your regularly sceduled programming!:D

Bill

Fred,

Don't get me started. lol

Since your ear let me aska quick question. Thinking of doing the exotic Mex Riv 8 day on Spirit from San Diego. Any recommendations for a good hotel?

Now back to your regularly sceduled programming!:D

Bill

Mr Bill,

Everyone recommends the Holiday Inn because its right across the street from the Terminal. You can see the ship arrive in the morning, is also walking distance to Seaport Village, Star of India and the USS Midway.

Fred

I wondered if enforcing the "kite rule" is like enforcing the "no smuggling alcohol rule"??? Non existant...

Some rules were just meant to be broken;) .

In all seriousness, I'll bet that any concerns re kite flying have more to do with environmental issues, such as kites dropping into the ocean. That WOULD be bad, but probably not likely.

Mr. Bill,

Fred

I wondered if enforcing the "kite rule" is like enforcing the "no smuggling alcohol rule"??? Non existant...

Some rules were just meant to be broken;) .

In all seriousness, I'll bet that any concerns re kite flying have more to do with environmental issues, such as kites dropping into the ocean. That WOULD be bad, but probably not likely.

Luckily I doubt they probably not enforce it. I flew mine on my last CCL cruise. Right after dinner on formal night I went up on deck to fly my kite. Luckily I already had my jeans on from dinner so I was good to go.

Everything was good until the kite string wrapped around the spinning radar dohickey on the top of the ship. It came to a screaching halt. Next thing i knew we were cruing around in circles for hours and were late getting to the next port.;)

Mr Bill,

Everyone recommends the Holiday Inn because its right across the street from the Terminal. You can see the ship arrive in the morning, is also walking distance to Seaport Village, Star of India and the USS Midway.

Fred

Bill

I've been cruising for a long time and have never seen a kite on a ship. I definitely wouldn't recommed it because of all the ossible hazards it could cause. Leave the kite flying for land based activities.

What would those hazards be ? :confused:

What would those hazards be ? :confused:

It could crash down and knock my beer over......

The hazard would be the bill the ships Doctor would give said kite flier for removing the kite from their azz !!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

The hazards are as such.. Forget the fish, how about it plummitting down and hitting a person on deck or on a balcony? Possibly in the head or an eye? What about the moving parts onboardthe ship, above deck as a previous poster mentioned. If the cruise line allows it, then do it. If they don't, as Carnival does not, forget the kite and find something else to do. I'm sure there are other things that can occupy ones time on a cruise ship other than wanting to break the rules and fly a kite.

It could crash down and knock my beer over......

The hazard would be the bill the ships Doctor would give said kite flier for removing the kite from their azz !!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

ROFLMAO....my first thought at this thread was that flying a kite could be awesome then after reading the above message my booty tightened and I think I will leave the kite at home. (but of course there are always those that might think your idea is good clean? fun too:eek: )

It could land in the adults only pool and poke a kid's eye out.

It could land on the topless deck and do mammary damage.

It could land on the buffett and get eaten.

It could land in the hairy chest contest and win.

It could land in the spa and get massaged.

It could land in the coffee condiments and get creamed.

It could land by the pool side bar and get smashed.

It could land in the adults only pool and poke a kid's eye out.

It could land on the topless deck and do mammary damage.

It could land on the buffett and get eaten.

It could land in the hairy chest contest and win.

It could land in the spa and get massaged.

It could land in the coffee condiments and get creamed.

It could land by the pool side bar and get smashed.

Eeeeeuuuwwwwwwwww!

The hazards are as such.. Forget the fish, how about it plummitting down and hitting a person on deck or on a balcony? Possibly in the head or an eye? What about the moving parts onboardthe ship, above deck as a previous poster mentioned. If the cruise line allows it, then do it. If they don't, as Carnival does not, forget the kite and find something else to do. I'm sure there are other things that can occupy ones time on a cruise ship other than wanting to break the rules and fly a kite.

What deck is aft of the Aft deck ? :rolleyes: With a built-in 22 knot wind I would think this would be ideal for kite flyers, although the rule "once down ALWAYS down" would certainly apply here. :D

Please don't misunderstand, although I'm told to often enough, I don't fly kites. I just don't understand how it could be hazardous to anyone. :confused:

Roller Blades/Skates

Snorkel Gear

Skateboards

Golf Clubs

Fishing Rods (packed)

Tennis Rackets

Kites (packed)

Bill

It says here in this quote that you CAN bring a kite and fly it... you just have to do it in port only... I don't see a problem with that!! There's plenty of wind even in port...

Everything was good until the kite string wrapped around the spinning radar dohickey on the top of the ship. It came to a screaching halt. Next thing i knew we were cruing around in circles for hours and were late getting to the next port.;)

LOL!! Bill, did you ask Carnival for a refund because "they" ruined your entire cruise??? :p

It says here in this quote that you CAN bring a kite and fly it... you just have to do it in port only... I don't see a problem with that!! There's plenty of wind even in port...

True, but the OP specifically asked if they could bring their own kite to fly onboard the ship. ;)

Archived