Champagne Bar - Prices

marc62

Hi All

Could anyone let me know the price (approx) for a glass of champagne at the champagne bar, is it possible to buy a bottle (price also please) & take it with you into other bars?

Only one week to go until our first ever cruise!:D :D

Many thanks in advance

Marc

..apart from on 2

Champagnes:

Mumm Cordon Rouge, Reims

Moet & Chandon, Epernay, NV

Veuve Clicquot, Brut, Reims

Taittinger, Brut "La Francaise"

Perrier Jouet "Fleur de Champagne"

Tattinger, Blanc de Blancs, Comtes de Champagne, Reims, V

Dom Perignon, Epernay, V

Sparkling Wines:

Asti Spumanti, Martini & Rossi, Italy, NV

Korbel Brut, Methode Champenoise, California, NV $29

Domaine Chandon, Brut, Napa, California, NV

Codorniu Classico Blanc $38

You can buy a bottle but it stays in the bar. You can finish it later or another night. Prices are pretty steep for the quality. Grease the bartender early and he/she will take care of you.

That's unbelievable. :eek: You can buy your own bottle of champagne and they refuse to let you take it with you. I know RCCL has a strict alcohol policy but that's just insulting - what on earth do they think you're going to do with it :confused: ...Oh, I get it... get falling down drunk, give it to under 21's, throw the empty bottle off a balcony. :rolleyes: I nearly contributed to the recent 5 things you hate about RCCL but thought better of it - had I known this 'rule' it may have made me do so

We went to the Champagne bar a couple of times in September. I paid about $9 for a moderately priced glass. There weren't many cheaper than that (maybe $7.50?). My friend had one of the more expensive brands and paid $14. You have to add the 15% gratuity to both.

My husband was a huge fan of the Veuve Cliquot on our last cruise and I think it was about 100 per bottle.....i had a price list some where....

oh, here is a list from the website...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000Va6ytSTx4bWXK4FWJv-ksvY:12hbiodf7?catCode=WINE

Cheers!

T

The Veuve was $72 on the Radiance (we got a bottle for my birthday celebration). Although we elected to leave the bottle at the bar because he had a champagne stopper that would keep it from going flat, we could have taken it with us if we wanted to. I think the Domaine Chandon was the least expensive at $8.50/glass, about $45 for the bottle and the Moet was in the $62 range.

The Veuve had IMHO the fairest markup - we pay about $35 on land, so that's just 2x retail. In contrast, we can get the DC for about $12, so paying 3.5X just bugs me. I don't buy Moet in the stores so I don't know how that compares.

That's unbelievable. :eek: You can buy your own bottle of champagne and they refuse to let you take it with you. I know RCCL has a strict alcohol policy but that's just insulting - what on earth do they think you're going to do with it :confused: ...Oh, I get it... get falling down drunk, give it to under 21's, throw the empty bottle off a balcony. :rolleyes: I nearly contributed to the recent 5 things you hate about RCCL but thought better of it - had I known this 'rule' it may have made me do so

Have another drink and report back. :D

The Veuve was $72 on the Radiance (we got a bottle for my birthday celebration). Although we elected to leave the bottle at the bar because he had a champagne stopper that would keep it from going flat, we could have taken it with us if we wanted to. I think the Domaine Chandon was the least expensive at $8.50/glass, about $45 for the bottle and the Moet was in the $62 range.

The Veuve had IMHO the fairest markup - we pay about $35 on land, so that's just 2x retail. In contrast, we can get the DC for about $12, so paying 3.5X just bugs me. I don't buy Moet in the stores so I don't know how that compares.

OOPs-

I must have gotten the price wrong...I thought is was about 100 dollars---now 72 dollars seems reasonable!

T:D

No Champagne cards on the Jewel. I paid $9.20 for a bellini. After 1 taste I could tell that they didn't use peach puree. The bartender told me that it was a mango/papaya blend. IMO that is not a bellini...just a waste of money:(

I went online to pre-pay/pre-reserve a bottle of bubbly to be delivered to our cabin the first day, all chilled down and ready for sailaway! :D

Cheers! :)

That's what we did, and will do it again....we walked around with our champagne glasses, and nobody said a word. Nice to have it in the cabin !

Were traveling on the Explorer in April of 09 and possibly the Jewel in 10/08. We really enjoy champagne so we are curious what the champagne card is.

WE've always cruised on Disney where you can bring your own alcohol on board. IT sounds like drinking Champagne on RCCI could get expensive.

I LOVE champagne:D They definitely didn't have them on the Splendour (we asked) so am pleased to hear they have them on the Explorer - hopefully the Voyager too, since they're the same class. We did have a bottle delivered to our room for sailway but that didn't last long ;)

Archived