promenade deck

winemistress45

Vista class ships are the only ones where you will have walkers and runners on the Promenade Deck at the same time.

KK, why is that?

One of my clients just started a new fitness challenge for their firm and they've teamed us all up -- we are supposed to keep track of our miles walking or running or hiking. Ofcourse I suppose I could bring a pedometer -- but that would just be another thing to pack!

KK, why is that?

The non-Vista ships have a separate jogging area. One reason for that is because on the non-Vista ships there are cabins directly under the Lower Promenade; it would be awful to be relaxing in your cabin and hear the pounding of joggers over your head constantly.

The non-Vista ships have a separate jogging area. One reason for that is because on the non-Vista ships there are cabins directly under the Lower Promenade; it would be awful to be relaxing in your cabin and hear the pounding of joggers over your head constantly.

Tell me about it. I found my self out in my robe at 1 in the morning giving a jogger a piece of my mind. :o Looking back I can't believe I did that but I was angry. :mad: It sounds like a herd of elephants and you can hear them both coming and going for awhile. Really aggravating.

Hopefully, it wasn't my last piece.

Tell me about it. I found my self out in my robe at 1 in the morning giving a jogger a piece of my mind. :o Looking back I can't believe I did that but I was angry. :mad:

You shouldn't be the one using the "embarrassment" Smilie, Trisha---the jogger should be. 1:00 AM? :eek:

Sometimes there's a good reason to violate the "nothing overboard" policy, and this was one of them. No jury in the world....;) Besides, at 1:00 AM who's gonna see ya? ;)

You shouldn't be the one using the "embarrassment" Smilie, Trisha---the jogger should be. 1:00 AM? :eek:

Sometimes there's a good reason to violate the "nothing overboard" policy, and this was one of them. No jury in the world....;) Besides, at 1:00 AM who's gonna see ya? ;)

:eek: I better stay on your good side RuthC:D

On the vista ships the promenade is 1/4 mile around. I remember seeing a sign that said 4 times around was a mile

I'm pretty sure it's actually a 1/3 mile around. I'm calculating this based this on the information from this link: http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:0ZlpTcQz-LUJ:www.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/media/ondeckforcure/OnDeckfortheCureFactSheet.pdf&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en

Granted, I'm sure they've rounded off some of the numbers. But, it says that on a Vista class ship that a 5k is 9 laps, and 5k is just over 3 miles. So, if 9 laps is just over 3 miles, then 3 laps would be just over 1 mile ... which dividing by three gives 1 lap = just over 1/3 mile.

Might you be thinking of one of the other class ships? The non-Vista class ships that take 12 laps for a 5k would calculate out to just over 1/4 mile.

The thought did cross my mind ( the parts that were left ) . Golly, I love a bloodthirsty woman :D , I knew I liked you right away. . You're a lefty too aren't you??

winemistress

You don't PACK a pedometer.

You wear it.

I always have mine on.

If you're keeping track of your distances, you should be wearing it at all times..............it's tiny, anyhow.

I wear it right through security at the airport and have never had a commnet.

winemistress

You don't PACK a pedometer.

You wear it.

I always have mine on.

If you're keeping track of your distances, you should be wearing it at all times..............it's tiny, anyhow.

I wear it right through security at the airport and have never had a commnet.

A pedometer is only an exercise accessory for me -- it doesn't go with my chanel handbag or manalo blahnik shoes!

We just came off the Statendam down under. This is an S-class ship; the posted sign on the promenade deck said four laps equals one mile. The sign further said no running.

One day at sea we did 20 laps! Of course with the sea conditions you would have thought we were drunk!

Tell me about it. I found my self out in my robe at 1 in the morning giving a jogger a piece of my mind. :o Looking back I can't believe I did that but I was angry. :mad: It sounds like a herd of elephants and you can hear them both coming and going for awhile. Really aggravating.

Hopefully, it wasn't my last piece.

And what was his/her response? Apologetic? Combative? Pleading ignorance of the cabins below? Paul Harvey wants to know "the rest of the story". :)

And what was his/her response? Apologetic? Combative? Pleading ignorance of the cabins below? Paul Harvey wants to know "the rest of the story". :)

Truthfully, he was quite apologetic once I let him speak. I am not one to "yell" at people and I still feel badly about it. I could have spoken calmly and nicely but I choose not to. My bad compounding his bad.

Archived