Favorite Pool

etrainer1

Definitely the AFT pool. So much quieter. Love the sun and wind. Better view - not looking through windows.

And when children start to make a lot of waves - I just comment - "I can't swim but I do love to hand onto the rail and don't want you near me." HEHEHE - they have no no idea if I really can swim or not and usually they get out as they see me hang onto the rail.

are there usually enough lounge chairs at the aft pool? or do we need to run out early in the morning to get one?:eek:

Only if you are going to stay there :mad:

Seriously, we didn't have any trouble on the Ryndam at the aft pool.

The aft pool, for certain. I love that the deck is open to three sides, plus the area is much quieter. I had the pool to myself, too. Compare that to the other pool, which I used with my son... it was loud, kids diving and splashing... not for me. For quiet time by myself, the aft pool was my favorite place on the ship.

do we need to run out early in the morning to get one?:eek:

Only if a) you intend to sit in the chair all day, or b) don't mind seeing your stuff floating in the ship's wake.

My favorite pool was always the "arrival pool" but that, like the horse races, seems to have disappeared...:)

-dave

Boy, I hear ya, dst! On my Zuiderdam cruise in May of 2003, the aft pool was constantly being "tested/invaded/cannonballed/non-swim diapered/and experienced" by the kiddos. It might have had something to do with the fact that there was a large "Garfield" group onboard (yikes!?!?!). However, in spite of this, the crew did an adequate job of "reminding" the POMK (Parents Of Minor Kids) that the aft pool was an adult-only pool, as were the hot tubs. That, plus more than a few glaringly dirty looks (not from me, of course) made the aft pool more "comfortable". Since I'm an "early to bed, early to rise" pool chair person, I always got a great spot by the aft pool. On my Zaandam Christmas cruise...no problemo on the aft pool. I'm on the Zui again on 4/9/05 (between Easter and Passover) and will do my "early" aft pool chair thing again. I'm pretty good at this!

We love the hydrotherapy pool. It is a daily must for us on a cruise.... The bubbles, the quiet and beautiful surroundings and those great lounge chaises. The beautiful dressing/locker/shower room is also a real bonus that goes with enjoying this pool. And to think that I will have to wait until next summer to enjoy that bliss again. Oh well, dreaming of the next voyage is half the fun!

We love the hydrotherapy pool. It is a daily must for us on a cruise.... The bubbles, the quiet and beautiful surroundings and those great lounge chaises. The beautiful dressing/locker/shower room is also a real bonus that goes with enjoying this pool. And to think that I will have to wait until next summer to enjoy that bliss again. Oh well, dreaming of the next voyage is half the fun!

was there a fee for use of this pool? the other cruise lines offer it as, "complimentary", SOME IF YOU BUY A SPA TREATMENT!

Definitely the aft pool, but there were lots of kids in it during our extended sea days last week. We really enjoyed the spa pool also. My wife and I walked up to the spa counter and asked if we could use the pool for about 15 minutes and the manager said "sure, why not, go ahead". I guess he was frustrated with the extended cruise too. He let us use it free. What a guy!!!!

Peaches: yes I did say something to the crew but just as they would get one set of unruly kids out of the pool another set followed. Not to mention it has posted hours for adult swim; I think 3:30-5:30 but that was never followed as well.

I to am an early person, I was generally up at the aft pool from 6:30 am - 4:00 pm and until about 10:00 it was very nice and quiet :) Great reading time

Did you complain to any officers or crew or, heaven forbid, parents? :eek:

We also had many kids there during "adult hours"...I am not very comfortable with complaining. That was the only thing I found "annoying" about having big number of kids on-board.

(even though we also had our son with us, he was on a mission to play basketball all day long during this cruise ;) . Zui has very good court)

Yes, there is a charge to use the hydrotherapy pool. You can pay a daily rate and just pay each time you use it, but we always inquire about whether they are offering a couples "special" for the duration of the cruise. If the reply isn't satisfactory, you can request that they take your name and cabin number and ask the spa mgr to get back to you. Its worth it, and that comes from people who use no other spa services. Try it. ( Psst! I should probably keep this special treat all to ourselves so it doesn't get crowded!)

Yes, there is a charge to use the hydrotherapy pool. You can pay a daily rate and just pay each time you use it, but we always inquire about whether they are offering a couples "special" for the duration of the cruise. If the reply isn't satisfactory, you can request that they take your name and cabin number and ask the spa mgr to get back to you. Its worth it, and that comes from people who use no other spa services. Try it. ( Psst! I should probably keep this special treat all to ourselves so it doesn't get crowded!)

thanks for the tip! i'll keep ot a secret! :cool:

Archived