Concierge Room - like RCCL?

maggieq

Wondering if Celebrity offers a concierge service/room similiar to RCCL for Diamond and above level.

Looking at Solstice for next year.

Thanks.

None fleetwide although no mention has been made of Solestice, either way. Preliminary plans do not show any such room.

None fleetwide although no mention has been made of Solestice, either way. Preliminary plans do not show any such room.

Hi Don !

While we know that Celebrity does not have it, they are way behind the curve on this one. Add me to the list of those who feel that Celebrity should have a dedicated area for this. At the very least, they should absolutely put it on the Solstice Class ships.

When I was onboard Constellation last week, I noticed that Michaels Club was deserted most every day. Here is an idea.... why not consider using Michael's Club as an Elite lounge during the day ? I know it cannot be used at night, but this might be a good way to test the waters.

How about it Celebrity ? I would love to see it happen !

Andy

What a great idea...how can we get support going for it...maybe this post will start the ball rolling! We're booked on Solstice for Jan 09 (see mid-winter roll call) & have just turned Elite--that'd work out nicely for us.

Hi Don !

While we know that Celebrity does not have it, they are way behind the curve on this one. Add me to the list of those who feel that Celebrity should have a dedicated area for this. At the very least, they should absolutely put it on the Solstice Class ships.

When I was onboard Constellation last week, I noticed that Michaels Club was deserted most every day. Here is an idea.... why not consider using Michael's Club as an Elite lounge during the day ? I know it cannot be used at night, but this might be a good way to test the waters.

I think that is a great idea. The Michael's clubs are very underused. From what I have seen even at night. It could be a full time Elite Lounge.

I think that is a great idea. The Michael's clubs are very underused. From what I have seen even at night. It could be a full time Elite Lounge.

Hi Charles !

I agree that Michael's Club for the most part is underused. The only exception that I know of, is on Constellation, where Perry Grant performs. It seems when he is onboard, the place is usually packed at night.

Still, I strongly feel that Celebrity should test the waters, and Michael's Club would be the best place to do it, especially as it already has a built in bar area, and is a wonderful place to relax.

I plan to write in my suggestion to Captains Club tonight. The only problem is, I'm not sure how much attention they pay to the emails, as I rarely get any response. Let's see what happens this time around.

Hello Celebrity Folks~~

I am just visiting before I turn in for the evening, and this thread caught my eye. My DH and I have been sailing with RCI for what feels like forever.....He is absolutely married to RCI and its perks and concierge club, et al.

As a result, I am left to dream about what could have been.....I might have sailed on a Celebrity ship or, dare I say it---the QM2 or a HA ship.....I might someday have a before-dinner cocktail at the champagne bar or, on Celebrity, find out what this Michael's Club is.

But until there is a huge earthquake, death, or divorce, I am stuck going night after night into this windowless (on Voyager class and above) void, in order to partake of the perks of the Concierge Lounge.

Be careful what you wish for. As for now, I consider Celebrity Elites to be free and unencumbered souls!

Bon voyage!! I envy you your lack of Concierge Clubs and Diamond Lounges!!

Leslie

Hi Everyone !

FYI, I just sent my email to Captains Club. If any of our Cruise Critic friends likes my idea, I hope we all let them know.

Over the years, I have sent in many suggestions to Celebrity, and I also put a great deal of thought into the comment cards on each sailing. I have actually seen many of my suggestions come to reality, so I believe that Celebrity pays attention to the comment cards.

One thing they need to do, is reply more often to emails. In most cases, I usually get the automated response, but rarely a personalized reply. I hope that improves in the future.

Parlez-vous fat chance?

That made me laugh out loud

That's a super idea.

I hope, too, that Celebrity starts this perk, now that we would actually qualify for it by the time we sail Solstice.

Hello Celebrity Folks~~

I am just visiting before I turn in for the evening, and this thread caught my eye. My DH and I have been sailing with RCI for what feels like forever.....He is absolutely married to RCI and its perks and concierge club, et al.

As a result, I am left to dream about what could have been.....I might have sailed on a Celebrity ship or, dare I say it---the QM2 or a HA ship.....I might someday have a before-dinner cocktail at the champagne bar or, on Celebrity, find out what this Michael's Club is.

But until there is a huge earthquake, death, or divorce, I am stuck going night after night into this windowless (on Voyager class and above) void, in order to partake of the perks of the Concierge Lounge.

Be careful what you wish for. As for now, I consider Celebrity Elites to be free and unencumbered souls!

Leslie

Thank you for your post and your sense of humor. I think what annoys many of us is Celebrity having very little concern for the past passenger. Their Captains Club is probably the worst repeaters club in cruising.

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone !

FYI, I just sent my email to Captains Club. If any of our Cruise Critic friends likes my idea, I hope we all let them know.

Over the years, I have sent in many suggestions to Celebrity, and I also put a great deal of thought into the comment cards on each sailing. I have actually seen many of my suggestions come to reality, so I believe that Celebrity pays attention to the comment cards.

One thing they need to do, is reply more often to emails. In most cases, I usually get the automated response, but rarely a personalized reply. I hope that improves in the future.

Host Andy, I was curious if you ever recieved a replay from your email on the subject of the Captains Clubs Elite Lounge? I am seriously thinking of switching my Serenade cruise in January to the Solstice and the lounge is a consideration. If you have ever used the Diamond Club on the RCCL Freedom class; it's a really nice extra touch and a great place to meet-up with the family for a couple drink before dinner. I asked a Captains Club rep last night about a Lounge on Solstice and she said there is one and Diamond members from RCCL could use it on Solstice... but then I think she was a "yes person" saying yes to everything I asked about just to get me to book. She hadn't realized there was a deck plan online until I mentioned it.

Thanks for writing a letter about it, to us a Loyalty Lounge is something worth having on all ships and is a consideration when booking.

Host Andy, I was curious if you ever recieved a replay from your email on the subject of the Captains Clubs Elite Lounge? I am seriously thinking of switching my Serenade cruise in January to the Solstice and the lounge is a consideration. If you have ever used the Diamond Club on the RCCL Freedom class; it's a really nice extra touch and a great place to meet-up with the family for a couple drink before dinner. I asked a Captains Club rep last night about a Lounge on Solstice and she said there is one and Diamond members from RCCL could use it on Solstice... but then I think she was a "yes person" saying yes to everything I asked about just to get me to book. She hadn't realized there was a deck plan online until I mentioned it.

Thanks for writing a letter about it, to us a Loyalty Lounge is something worth having on all ships and is a consideration when booking.

Hi Fred !

Thank you for asking. I emailed my suggestion to Captains Club, and I recieved the usual automated reply. I was hoping for a more personal response, but it hasnt happened yet.

Being that several weeks has passed, and I have not recieved a reply from Captains Club, I am going to print my original email, and postal mail it to Mr. Hanrahan's office. I am going to remain diligent about this, but I have no idea if it will bring any results.

In response to your question.... Yes, I have used RCCL's Diamond Lounge on a few sailings. That is how I started to wonder why Celebrity does not offer this. IMHO, it really makes no sense at all.

While I know it is a longshot, let's hope my efforts bring some positive results !

Now I am curiuos.....you mentioned that several ideas have actually been implemented. Can you give us some information on this, please?

I hate to say this, but it's all about demand. I have no idea what the 'intent to return' or actual return rate is on loyalty guests on RCCL vs. X. Perhaps, they don't think that they need to add this benefit since we continue to return and sail on X.

It's not that I agree with their philosophy. I would like to have this added perk. It could simply be that because of their high rate of return guests that are Captain's Club, there isn't a need. I wonder?

Hi Fred !

Thank you for asking. I emailed my suggestion to Captains Club, and I recieved the usual automated reply. I was hoping for a more personal response, but it hasnt happened yet.

Being that several weeks has passed, and I have not recieved a reply from Captains Club, I am going to print my original email, and postal mail it to Mr. Hanrahan's office. I am going to remain diligent about this, but I have no idea if it will bring any results.

In response to your question.... Yes, I have used RCCL's Diamond Lounge on a few sailings. That is how I started to wonder why Celebrity does not offer this. IMHO, it really makes no sense at all.

While I know it is a longshot, let's hope my efforts bring some positive results !

Thank you for the quick response Andy. I like your persistent attitude and I hope this one pays off, as you know it's a nice benefit and is a reason I return to RCCL so often. That being said - it currently doesn't look as if Solstice has that perk on the drawing board but the ship looks great and has grabbed my eye enough to get me to try her out. I've talked with my group and we're going to switch from Serenade to Solstice at the end of the year. The ship looks too interesting to pass up and I really enjoyed Galaxy when we sailed Celeb so I would expect this will be a great ship too. What a 2009 it will be; the Solstice at the beginning of the year and Genesis to wrap it up.:)

Thanks again!

Hello Celebrity Folks~~

Leslie

Leslie,

We are trying Celebrity for the first time. Just fyi if you ever go on a HAL ship you don't need most of these, because you get a lot of amenities even if in an inside cabin on HAL. The Suites do have a lounge, but drinks are not free.

Book an inside on HAL, and you will have a robe, fruit basket changed every day, Elemis Spa products including soap, facial soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisterizer and sharp shower gel (my favorite). You can have hot room service delivered 24/7, including hot breakfast even on the last morning. You don't need the lounge because you can stay in your cabin the last morning until your number is called. Also, everyone can join in the Kitchen Tour, cooking demos (usually two are free. You pay if want to go to a class where you actually cook), Dutch tea, Indonesian Tea, and a Back Stage Tour (not always offered), Dessert Extravangaza and so on. You get a big medalion when you reach 100 days... Hal doesn't need anything else to attact its repeat passengers. Oh, and you can book/pay for the Specialty restaurant before you leave home (even if it is your first cruise).

Archived