Playing 'Hide the Conquest'...

*Mach*

I just saw a boat pull in front of her and go to the left......maybe this is it!!!

Yep... that was the pilot boat. They still need to get the pilot to the bridge, crank up the bow and aft thrusters and cast off the mooring lines...

It was 83 today here in San antonio. Thats ridiculous even for south Texas in December. Kind of hard to get in the Christmas spirit when your sweating and the stores have the heat on.

I worked in retail for 20 years. Our department store didn't have a heater. Lights and bodies heat the stores just fine. In fact, we usually ran the a/c fans to keep it from getting too hot. ;)

Just watched the Conquest leave.......

I just got a call from friends who are on the Conquest... the ship just left port about 20 minutes ago - they were fogged in overnight. It's my understanding though that the ship has offered an on board credit of $75.00 pp for the missed stop of Jamiaca. At least they are on their way as I type... I went to webcam as they called and the ship was sailing. :)

D :)

I just got a call from friends who are on the Conquest... the ship just left port about 20 minutes ago - they were fogged in overnight. It's my understanding though that the ship has offered an on board credit of $75.00 pp for the missed stop of Jamiaca. At least they are on their way as I type... I went to webcam as they called and the ship was sailing. :)

D :)

That's great that they were offered $75 dollars for missing Jamaica. I'm just glad to see them leave, it means I am closer to leaving!:D ;)

Now we can watch the ecstasy sit and sit and sit all night. Don't look like she leaving today. That sucks b/c she only a 5 day cruise and thats mean she becames a 4 day. I'm glad everyone got 75 bucks. Wonder why b/c my book say only 20pp if port is missed due to weather and other reason.

Now we can watch the ecstasy sit and sit and sit all night. Don't look like she leaving today. That sucks b/c she only a 5 day cruise and thats mean she becames a 4 day. I'm glad everyone got 75 bucks. Wonder why b/c my book say only 20pp if port is missed due to weather and other reason.

Not only did they miss the port but they missed nearly 24 hours at sea...

I'm sure that was the reasoning behind the extra dollars..

Highly doubtful that she is leaving tonight. The local news is saying that the port is once again closed due to the fog. Fortunately we will be getting a cool front through here on Wednesday night or Thursday morning and the fog problem will be gone. They did say on the 6:00 news tonight that this happened several years ago and the entire port was shut down for nine days straight. Fortunately though it won't be the case this time. :)

Highly doubtful that she is leaving tonight. The local news is saying that the port is once again closed due to the fog. Fortunately we will be getting a cool front through here on Wednesday night or Thursday morning and the fog problem will be gone.

But if the fog isn't going to go until Wednesday night or Thursday morning, that could be a big UH-OH!! for Ecstasy.

But if the fog isn't going to go until Wednesday night or Thursday morning, that could be a big UH-OH!! for Ecstasy.

As the temperature rises tomorrow the fog will lift, just as it did today.

They'll have an opportunity to get out somewhere around noon to one PM on Tuesday. The problem today was that it took quite a while to get the Conquest out and the Ecstasy in. We went past peak heat at around four PM and then it was all down hill.

Highly doubtful that she is leaving tonight. The local news is saying that the port is once again closed due to the fog. Fortunately we will be getting a cool front through here on Wednesday night or Thursday morning and the fog problem will be gone. They did say on the 6:00 news tonight that this happened several years ago and the entire port was shut down for nine days straight. Fortunately though it won't be the case this time. :)

Oh no - too bad! It doesn't look nearly as bad as it did last night but I know they are doing it for safety reasons. I can't even imagine 9 days straight of a port being closed - unless of course you were scheduled to come in during that time and had to stay out an extra week - bonus cruise! :) LOL (Except i know you couldn't go far because you wouldn't know when you would be allowed in and supplies would likely get short, still... :) )

Archived