good afternoon

hi.our family of 3 will be traveling on explorer of the seas soon. my dd decided that the boyfreind (19) has to go with us or she will die(lol) my question is we are booked inroom 9322 d 1. ive seen various questions regarding on adding a passenger, but we would like to have one room due to expense. can we fit 4 people in this catergory rom? i know it will be tight thats ok,better than having a 1 7 yearold crying all week and ruining our cruise AGAIN thanks

abby:) :) :)

hi.our family of 3 will be traveling on explorer of the seas soon. my dd decided that the boyfreind (19) has to go with us or she will die(lol) my question is we are booked inroom 9322 d 1. ive seen various questions regarding on adding a passenger, but we would like to have one room due to expense. can we fit 4 people in this catergory rom? i know it will be tight thats ok,better than having a 1 7 yearold crying all week and ruining our cruise AGAIN thanks

Seeing that your cruise is almost a year away, it is probably possible to change to another D1 that accomodates 4.

Well were were just in that room 2 weeks ago. The only way would be if your daughter and boyfriend sleep on the pull out sofa bed together, or I guess if you and your daughter sleep on it and the 2 men sleep in the bed. Also, that sofa bed is as hard as a rock, it's not a real mattress and when it's pulled out, there's no room to walk around between the sofa bed and the desk. We had me, DH and 13 yr old DS and it was tight this time.

Your cabin does have a sofabed so you should be able to add a 4th but it will mean 2 sleeping on the sofabed. The sofabeds aren't the most comfortable, what sofabed is, but you can ask for an egg crate topper to be put on it. We have done that for our son and he says it helps.

Seeing that your cruise is almost a year away, it is probably possible to change to another D1 that accomodates 4.

:cool: Surely you jest, right? If this cruise is a ways off, your daughter will probably have a new boyfriend by then. Actually--I'd either tell her that darling BF can buy his own cabin and join you, or tell her that she can bring a girl friend only.:cool: Don't let the tail wag the dog.

:cool: Surely you jest, right? If this cruise is a ways off, your daughter will probably have a new boyfriend by then. Actually--I'd either tell her that darling BF can buy his own cabin and join you, or tell her that she can bring a girl friend only.:cool: Don't let the tail wag the dog.

That's what I was thinking. I have 3 teenage daughters and boyfriends don't seem to last more than a few weeks. Now, maybe if one of the boyfriends knew there was a cruise in the offing well...:)

Very good point, indeed. Personally, I wouldn't want a 19 year old BF hanging around my 17 year old DD (if I had one), but to each their own. Actually, I wouldn't want any boys hanging around her. :D I can only thank my lucky stars that we have a boy. If I had a DD, I would be the Dad who sits on the porch with his shotgun in his lap.

Very good point, indeed. Personally, I wouldn't want a 19 year old BF hanging around my 17 year old DD (if I had one), but to each their own. Actually, I wouldn't want any boys hanging around her. :D I can only thank my lucky stars that we have a boy. If I had a DD, I would be the Dad who sits on the porch with his shotgun in his lap.

:cool: Well I have 2 girls. I have been through this. The thing is that these cabins are so small, that your immediate family does not have enough privacy as it is without having anyone outside the family being there. Having someone of the opposite sex of my 17 yr old dd, would really make it uncomfortable.:cool: Bring him along, but all of you would be more comfortable with him in another room. How about:cool: two insides, ajoining?

Sailawayjack, my sentiments exactly!

agreed that this guy likely won't be in the picture by the time your cruise rolls around.

i'd suggest you offer to allow her best friend to join you or tell her she can stay at grammas for the week while you enjoy your cruise :)

(the latter is what my parents would have said to me if I threw a fit for a boyfriend coming on a cruise....)

I would think twice about the boyfriend. I made the mistake one year to take my daughter and her boyfriend (my daughter was in college so a little bit older) and we paid for all his expenses except for his excursions and tips. Well, we were home for a week and my daughter found out that he had been dating someone else for a few months and they broke up on xmas eve. What a great holiday.

My husband was not very happy because I had made him bunk with the boyfriend. I will not make this mistake again even if my daughter cries or says she will die. If I thought that she would ruin the vacation there would be no cruise.

I wouldn't bring the boyfriend. Have her bring her best girlfriend. We did that last year; my 17 year old brought her best friend and they roomed with my 13 year old daughter across the hall from us. Both girls (olders) had boyfriends that they left at home, and they had a great time on the cruise without them!

Doing the cruise without the boyfriend would be a good opportunity for your daughter to learn that while one may miss another terribly, that the heartache does not result in death.

My main issue with crowding everyone into one room is that there is only one bathroom and a tiny one at that. The bathroom challenges would be the deal-breaker for me. I'd have to tell my daughter (if I had one) that this is a family-only vacation and to deal with it.

Tell her if she really loves that guy (who must look like Brad Pitt), she would not subject him to the crowding and awkward lack of privacy the family cruise will create for him.

I would also find it very awkward to have a boyfriend sharing the room. The rooms are small to begin with, and when the sofa bed is pulled out for the night (they do this while you're at dinner) it's very tight in there. Not to mention the one small bathroom.

Archived