How soon?

angela76

Ok I'm not going on my cruise for awhile, But how soon do you start to buy things? We all need new formal wear(DH,DD,DS,) that will not be a problem. It will be casual clothing like shorts shirts ect. I will be saling in Feb but I don't think the stores will have summer clothing out then. So I was thinking of going in a few weeks. Do you think I'm jumping ahead of myself. We will also be having a party for DD B-DAY. And a party for inlaws anniversery. So I need to get somethings for that. Just wanted some input from you all.

On our Christmas cruises, we would buy summer wear during sale times or at the end of season. You are correct in buying warm weather clothes in season (unless you live in Florida).

We've also have a storage box that we start putting things in for the cruise such as lens cleaners, highlighters, travel size meds, sunglasses, fanny packs, ect.. We just add to this box as things come to mind.

I continuously buy things for any cruises that might come up in the future.

Seriously I think if you find something that will be useful for your vacation, go ahead and get it. One can never be too prepared.

...how soon do you start to buy things? ...

Why would you stop! :D

Seriously, I'm like the others. I keep a small bag going all the time and throw things in. That includes the perpetually packed First Aid Bag (travel size meds, etc.) and the Cabin Bag (hilighters, nightlight, Static Guard,etc.)

Then there's the Coldwater Creek sales....ahhhhh.....

We got off the Victory last Sunday and I've already made my packing list up for our October and next February cruises. One can never start too early :D This way I can look for sales on the things I need for the next cruises and not be running around at the last minute spending a fortune. Besides, just haven gotten off a cruise I know exactly what I need and don't need for the next ones so I shouldn't forget anything nor take things that I really don't need.

Make your list and start filling it now- after all, getting ready is half the fun ! :)

Why would you stop! :D

Seriously, I'm like the others. I keep a small bag going all the time and throw things in. That includes the perpetually packed First Aid Bag (travel size meds, etc.) and the Cabin Bag (hilighters, nightlight, Static Guard,etc.)

Then there's the Coldwater Creek sales....ahhhhh.....

lol me too. Before my first cruise I also went on ebay and got brand new swim suits in 3 sizes, in case they didnt fit perfectly or that I lost or gained weight. The three of them cost what one suit on sale was going for in our stores here and the selection in the stores was slim at best. I got them all from the same seller so saved on shipping. About $20 each on ebay brand new. The stores around here on sale they were $50 or $60 and I couldnt find anything suitable after going to 3 malls late season, all picked over.

We're six months out and Ive started looking at things. At this pointI'm only buying what I really love and is a great deal. I have plenty of time to look so theres no feeling of pressure.

I wouldnt buy shorts or anything just yet unless it was on ebay or a clearence from last season. If you dont leave till Feb, you'll have all summer and then the end of the season sales to stock up!

If you know your size won't change, buy when you see it on sale. Even formal wear has a sale period, usually after proms and june weddings...

I agree with others, make a list of what you want/need and then when you have it, check it off. Otherwise, you may buy too much, unless of course, that's OK with your budget and you have other places to wear them..

Continuously shop -- just buy when you find what you want and it's at a price you're willing to pay!

If you are on a diet and plan to lose weight before the cruise, don't buy anything right now, but personally, every time I shop I look at the item and think, "would this look good on a cruise," or " is this a good cruise outfit?"

It's never too early to shop for cruise clothes!:D

Since you have a year, you will be able to get the end-of-season deals on everything. Casual wear can be bought at the end of summer, formal wear can be bought at the end of prom season.

Wish I had thought this far in advance! I'm going in May, so I will be getting the peak prices on everything. :(

Ok I'm not going on my cruise for awhile, But how soon do you start to buy things? We all need new formal wear(DH,DD,DS,) that will not be a problem. It will be casual clothing like shorts shirts ect. I will be saling in Feb but I don't think the stores will have summer clothing out then. So I was thinking of going in a few weeks. Do you think I'm jumping ahead of myself. We will also be having a party for DD B-DAY. And a party for inlaws anniversery. So I need to get somethings for that. Just wanted some input from you all.

we went this last feb and I bought my swimsuits in June of last year when Wal mart was weeding out their summer stuff. I also tried to pick up something once a month, New underwear, New shirt, new socks. I just packed it away in the suitcase as I bought it. but if you are also on a weight loss plan, then ya might wait to buy until closer.

Archived