New Dimond Member ?

Hi Guy's,

I have had a VERY exciting day today....let me explain.

In September 07' I signed my family up for a LOS cruise in May. Even though we have sailed with RCI twice before we have never signed up for the C and A program.

So anyway's, as like most of you guy's, I have been obsessed with these boards and I have been fantasizing about my upcoming cruise.

All of a sudden it occurs to me I really should register for the C&A program...and maybe I would be luckey enough to get the points from my prior cruise.

So I call RCI...while I'm on the phone out of know where it just occurs to me....my grandmother has sailed with RCI like a million times, and she lives with me and even though she is not cruiseing with us, just maybe we could share some points.

The RCI lady told me (after she verified my grandmother's status) that since we live together we are going to be upgraded to DIMOND status also:D :D :D

Anyway's to my question.... I have never paid much attention to the Dimond/platnum/dimond plus perks threds because they were SOOO out of my league, but now I would LOVE to know EVERYTHING about this new upgrade.

Thank you in advance for contributing to my obsessive dreaming of my future cruise:)

Hi Guy's,

.................. I have never paid much attention to the Dimond/platnum/dimond plus perks threds because they were SOOO out of my league, but now I would LOVE to know EVERYTHING about this new upgrade.

Thank you in advance for contributing to my obsessive dreaming of my future cruise:)

It's times like this when I'm reminded of those old John Houseman commericals when he says, "At Smith Barney, we make money the old fashioned way...we earn it." ;)

Congrats on your status and enjoy your cruise...

I am happy for you , but a word to the wise I would suggest you don't mention how you attained, diamond , those who have gained their status the hard way might not be to receptive to your story, especially since grandma is not traveling with you. ......I still find it odd that my 3 children and DH can gain mine with only a few cruises each on RCI, but I certaiinly keep my mouth such about their cruising history.

Enjoy

Maddycakes ... I am so happy for you. :D Make sure that they have a current total on grandma's cruises. Once they are all accounted for you may find you are at a status higher than diamond. :cool: Enjoy this cruise. Oh and don't forget to tell Grandma Thanks!:)

Thank you so much for your kind thought's:D

When I originally wrote my question I did not take in account of the feelings that might be unsettled with my perdicament and I apologize for the over excited post...

Saying that... I would be a fool to turn down such an oppurtunity.

But I will take heed the advice that I have recieved:)

For future posters on this tread, before you may be tempted to flame me...Please realize that I truly mean not to step on anyone's toes...I just felt excited for my new circumstances:o

Hi Guy's,

I have had a VERY exciting day today....let me explain.

In September 07' I signed my family up for a LOS cruise in May. Even though we have sailed with RCI twice before we have never signed up for the C and A program.

So anyway's, as like most of you guy's, I have been obsessed with these boards and I have been fantasizing about my upcoming cruise.

All of a sudden it occurs to me I really should register for the C&A program...and maybe I would be luckey enough to get the points from my prior cruise.

So I call RCI...while I'm on the phone out of know where it just occurs to me....my grandmother has sailed with RCI like a million times, and she lives with me and even though she is not cruiseing with us, just maybe we could share some points.

The RCI lady told me (after she verified my grandmother's status) that since we live together we are going to be upgraded to DIMOND status also:D :D :D

Anyway's to my question.... I have never paid much attention to the Dimond/platnum/dimond plus perks threds because they were SOOO out of my league, but now I would LOVE to know EVERYTHING about this new upgrade.

The give-away program in action. Good for you.

See this thread for all your diamond benefits:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=733417

Quick summary though:

-- money off of balcony cabins: $50-$300+ depending on length of cruise ($200 for E and D categories for typical 7 day cruise)

-- Concierge Lounge (CL): breakfast in morning, coffee and espresso all day, alcohol and hors d'oeuvres in the evening

-- VIP embarkation: depending on port you either get to go in front of everyone or you get your own line

-- VIP disembarkation: this is not guaranteed, but usually you can get off before the folks who are carrying the own luggage off

-- VIP tender tickets: ask the concierge, not all tendering ports need this

-- priority wait lists for excursions, specialty restaurants, spa

-- coupon books: these get better every level you go up; diamond coupons should give you free photos, free drinks w/souvenir glass, etc.

In order to get the money off your cabin you (or your TA) need to call (888) 437-1953 prior to your cruise.

Enjoy!

Maddycakes - you didn't make the rules, so enjoy!

We are doing a Jewel cruise next month, and 1 week later on the Radiance. The Jewel will give us our D points, so I'll be on the phone in that intervening week being sure that we have our D for the Radiance!

Am i right in saying if your a Diamond Member you can use the concierge lounge ? and that the Legend has a concierge lounge ?

Due to become Diamond in the summer - but looking at booking a cruise for 2009.

jj........

Archived