Conquest Captain Boots Man off Ship for Starting A Protest !!!03/16/08 Cruise

rsjc

I just found out about this site, never heard of it before.
I was on that cruise and it serves them right, the man was being belligerent and threatening at the same time. I have him on video
and you can clearly hear him use threats directed at Carnival crew members. I have already offered Carnival a copy of the tape plus testifying as a Carnival witness, if need be!

[quote name='Eviva Mexico!']I just found out about this site, never heard of it before.
I was on that cruise and it serves them right, the man was being belligerent and threatening at the same time. I have him on video
and you can clearly hear him use threats directed at Carnival crew members. I have already offered Carnival a copy of the tape plus testifying as a Carnival witness, if need be![/quote]

Good for you! I hope they take you up on the offer!!!

[quote name='Eviva Mexico!']I just found out about this site, never heard of it before.
and you can clearly hear him use threats directed at Carnival crew members. I have already offered Carnival a copy of the tape plus testifying as a Carnival witness, if need be![/quote]
Woo hoo!! Finally, some video. Get yourself a YouTube log in and post the link here. We are all very anxious to see it!

and you can clearly hear him use threats directed at Carnival crew members. I have already offered Carnival a copy of the tape plus testifying as a Carnival witness, if need be![/QUOTE]

Can you share this video with us??

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would lOVE to see that!

[quote name='jbwest']Cruise vessels have large drafts and are sometimes tide restricted. I have never been to Jamaica but we time our arrival to the port and the channel on the tide. The vessel may have only lost a few hours due to a medical evac, but they could have lost an entire tide cycle and the next tide may not have been until the middle of the night. These facts get lost on hot heads that feel that they need to be reimbursed for something.[/quote]
Another interesting insight into possibilities (one can learn so much on CC). And I agree, I am sure subtleties like that are lost on people standing in a mob, demanding compensation for their suffering. :rolleyes:

[quote name='celticd1']Can you share this video with us??

I'm sure I'm not the only one that would lOVE to see that![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]I wonder if FOX would be interested in it too? Well, maybe not...[/SIZE][/FONT]

and you can clearly hear him use threats directed at Carnival crew members. I have already offered Carnival a copy of the tape plus testifying as a Carnival witness, if need be![/QUOTE]

will you share the video with us? I would love to see it.

By mistake I posted also posted on some Bingo thread and the guys there jumped on me and started hurling abuse at me!
What a bunch of uptight posters they are, so mcuh for trying to do the right thing for some people!
As I tried to explain to them, I am new to this, I only found out about this site today, you make one mistake and people came after you like crazy.
Goodbye Cruise Critic. sorry guys

"We missed 1/3 of the ports so I want 1/3 of my money back." That twisted logic has been used before by people here. The rational goes something like this: "the more important a port is to me, the more compensation I should get if it is missed."

Never mind the fact that many people, if they had to choose one port to drop, would choose Jamaica. I have heard more complaints about that country here on these boards than any other place.

People have the right to believe what they want. They have the right to say what they want here on the boards and to the press. The do NOT have ANY right to run around the ship with a petition, infringing on hundreds of other people's peace and quiet.

And most of all, they do not have ANY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER to disobey the Captain. That guy that was kicked was so full of himself! I think the prisons are full of people like him.

[quote name='Eviva Mexico!']By mistake I posted also posted on some Bingo thread and the guys there jumped on me and started hurling abuse at me!
What a bunch of uptight posters they are, so mcuh for trying to do the right thing for some people!
As I tried to explain to them, I am new to this, I only found out about this site today, you make one mistake and people came after you like crazy.
Goodbye Cruise Critic. sorry guys[/quote]

Once you told us you were new, we apologized.
Can you post the video? Honestly, it would be a boon to CC if you could. I know a lot of people would appreciate it.

[quote name='mics pics']Once you told us you were new, we apologized.
Can you post the video? Honestly, it would be a boon to CC if you could. I know a lot of people would appreciate it.[/quote]
He logged off. Boy, the bingo players really must have gone postal on him. You couldn't tell he was a new poster by the little number "1" in the upper right hand corner? :confused:

[quote name='Eviva Mexico!']By mistake I posted also posted on some Bingo thread and the guys there jumped on me and started hurling abuse at me!
Goodbye Cruise Critic. sorry guys[/quote]

Can you post the video you took of the riot on You Tube so we can all see it??

[quote name='Karshrimp'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]All I saw over there were people asking him to post the video. I didn't see anything mean. I must had missed something...:confused: [/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I think the mods have already sanitized the thread.

I tried to find all the posts of Eviva Mexico's to see what kind of insults were hurled and I only see 4 posts total. Maybe I am missing something but I think there are a few people signing on to CC since this story aired just to start stuff.. And by how they write their posts I think we can tell who they are.. Especially that guy about the tendering charges among others.. I know lots of you know who I mean..
Anyway, I support Carnival and that captain.. Kudos to you!!

I wish the guy would come on here and post. I have one very basic question for him. Was he even concerned at all for the fact that they had to take a crew member off the boat.

It's not like, the Captain just decided to start sailing in circles for the heck of it. My wife and I would give up every port if it meant the difference of a sick possible fatally person (whether it be guest or crew member) getting of the boat.

I wanted to make one more point that I don't think I saw anyone rebut here yet. Several of the "one post wonders" complain about the treatment because Carnival is a big company and presumably has lots of cash to spend on improving "customer service."

I don't think the size of a company, or how much cash they have, matters at all. I don't think the price of gas matters either, although one person brought that up, too.

Look, handing a miserable person a wad of cash is not going to make them happy. Nothing will. Some people are unstable, and have mental and emotional problems. Customer service can't change that.

If Carnival *really* wants to improve customer service, they will figure out a way to steer people like Steve, and those who support him, to other vacation options. That will truly be a blessing to the Carnival cruisers!

I don't know what those members in the bingo discussion wanted more from me. I told them I was new and by mistake I muts have posted on their board not on this one. Some fool with the name of FROGCRW or something like that jumped all over me yelling for blood and also posting that I was already poofed when it was me who asked the moderator to remove my post because I posted it in the wrong forum. How smart does that member feel now about his superiority complex? Any an ass.
Guys, because someone has never heard of cruisecritic before and posted for the first time today, it does not mean that they are not telling the truth or trying to pull anything on anyone.
Thank you.

[quote name='Eviva Mexico!']I don't know what those members in the bingo discussion wanted more from me. I told them I was new and by mistake I muts have posted on their board not on this one. Some fool with the name of FROGCRW or something like that jumped all over me yelling for blood and also posting that I was already poofed when it was me who asked the moderator to remove my post because I posted it in the wrong forum. How smart does that member feel now about his superiority complex? Any an ass.
Guys, because someone has never heard of cruisecritic before and posted for the first time today, it does not mean that they are not telling the truth or trying to pull anything on anyone.
Thank you.[/quote]

Sorry about that, it's been a tough couple of days around here. Anyway, glad you decided to come back. :D

Now about that video ....

[quote name='salty dingo']I wanted to make one more point that I don't think I saw anyone rebut here yet. Several of the "one post wonders" complain about the treatment because Carnival is a big company and presumably has lots of cash to spend on improving "customer service."

I don't think the size of a company, or how much cash they have, matters at all. I don't think the price of gas matters either, although one person brought that up, too.

Look, handing a miserable person a wad of cash is not going to make them happy. Nothing will. Some people are unstable, and have mental and emotional problems. Customer service can't change that.

If Carnival *really* wants to improve customer service, they will figure out a way to steer people like Steve, and those who support him, to other vacation options. That will truly be a blessing to the Carnival cruisers![/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Very well said!

[quote name='salty dingo']I wanted to make one more point that I don't think I saw anyone rebut here yet. Several of the "one post wonders" complain about the treatment because Carnival is a big company and presumably has lots of cash to spend on improving "customer service."

If Carnival *really* wants to improve customer service, they will figure out a way to steer people like Steve, and those who support him, to other vacation options. That will truly be a blessing to the Carnival cruisers![/QUOTE]

I saw the irate passenger's interview on the news last night :mad: - he was a piece of work! What if the sick crew member had been his son - would he be worried about the other passengers missing MoBay - I don't think so!

I love sea days...

Archived