Favorite Foods On the PG

Mahi mahi burgers at lunch, especially on the motu Mahana picnic.

Poisson cru. At the picnic, and at least one day on board at lunch. My absolute favorite.

Tahitian vanilla creme brulee.

The "Bounty" dessert at dinner in the main dining room, on the night they serve it.

I have the calorie free version of the Bounty so I can have some whenever! (It's a photo)

But the Creme Brulee with the Tahitian Vanilla was wonderful; The Risotto on board ship in Apicus (but that has been changed) if they have it was an appetizer but our friends ordered it as an entree it was so good.

Poisson cru and the curries from Le Grill. Also, because we eat so simply at home, I find the shorbets between courses to be especially tasty and creative on the PG but those of you who are veteran cruisers might not agree.

Here's vote #3 for the Tahitian Vanilla creme brulee! Best creme brulee I've ever had.

Other than that, to be honest nothing jumps out at me. The food on the PG was very good, but I personally didn't find it to be quite up to par with the food on Voyager. Although the chilled soups at lunch were often very delicious.

Sadly, last time we cruised the PG, "The Bounty" was no longer offered (11/06)

In my experience, people who love seafood find the food on the PG very good. If you are a big meat-eater -- you may be disappointed although they do offer a lot of lamb, as I recall.

Last time, the specialty restaurant (formerly Apicious) really stood out in terms of quality.

• 2 weeks later...

On Polynesian night last week for dessert they served a warm chocolate fondant with passion fruit sauce and vanilla ice cream and I tell ya I thought I had died and went to heaven. I think I licked my plate that night :D

The grilled Mahi Mahi was great as was the broiled lobster tails with Tahaa Vanilla sauce. There were also these cookies with oatmeal and cranberries in them that people were eating up like hot cakes.

The lobster with vanilla sauce - I still have the recipe for the sauce somewhere.

Efren's Cosmo's - he makes them real light on the liquor for me and I cannot wait to have one in August. Hope he is on the cruise.

DH's favourite is the breakfast lamb chops.

The second time we went they made a huge Beef Wellington for just the three of us. Brought it out on a mammoth silver platter with much aplomb. I remember it was delicious. But they declined to make it for us last year when I asked... pity.

I loved all the fresh fruit, but especially the pineapple. I had it every day at breakfast and lunch. I also loved the cold fruit soups they served at lunch.

The tuna sashimi was the freshest and best I've ever tasted. Like butter!

Desserts, I thought, were hit or miss. I really loved the creme brulee.

Archived