Replacement for CruiseCal

rjbean4

This is unbelievable. I wonder if HAL and Carnival know.:eek:

Only bright spot and it's a stretch, is that both HAL ships will be there at 8:00 AM while Carnival is not scheduled to arrive till 9:30. I wonder how the cabanas will be allocated. I wonder about a lot of things.

Hummm, Hammy ... if that's the case, we could snag our cabana and be settled in before Carnival drops anchor. But then I'm afraid our quiet day at the beach would become something altogether different. There's just not enough beach for everyone. I expect we'll get the cabana anyway, then cancel it if things don't change before we sail. Like I said, it won't ruin our cruise - too many other wonderful islands on that trip - but it's still a bummer for HMC.

Look what I found on an online booking agency. It looks like the Splendor will be visiting in the 18th instead of the 20th. :)

Nov 17, 2008 FT LAUDERDALE, FL - - - - - 4:00:00 PM

Nov 18, 2008 HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMAS 8:00:00 AM 4:00:00 PM

Nov 19, 2008 GRAND TURK 11:00:00 AM 6:00:00 PM

Nov 20, 2008 FUN DAY AT SEA - - - - - - - - - -

Nov 21, 2008 FT LAUDERDALE, FL 9:00:00 AM - - - - -

I love you Twinkletoes!! Maybe Carnival was reading this thread. :) :)

I love you Twinkletoes!! Maybe Carnival was reading this thread. :) :)

I so glad I found this!:) However they found out (it wouldn't surprise me if they read here), I am glad the Carnival ship will be there on another day. Three was too many...two is doable. It's such a beautiful island, and I think with three ships the place would have been totally overrun. We like HMC so much that we'd do a cruise that just circles and stops at only that island. lol :)

Enjoy your day on HMC. :)

WOW...what a super site. I like it MUCH better than CruiseCal. Thankyou very much! I love how it shows little tick marks on the map for that particular itinerary.

I also like it better than CruiseCal. The map is cool. I clicked on our ship (the day we leave) and it shows the itinerary, the other ships that will be in port, and the number of passengers on each ship. Pretty cool. Now if January would just hurry up and get here. :)

I so glad I found this!:) However they found out (it wouldn't surprise me if they read here), I am glad the Carnival ship will be there on another day. Three was too many...two is doable. It's such a beautiful island, and I think with three ships the place would have been totally overrun. We like HMC so much that we'd do a cruise that just circles and stops at only that island. lol :)

Enjoy your day on HMC. :)

Clicking on the Carnival Link I posted earlier, it is now showing the Splendor on the 18th as well. (Was I dreaming earlier???)

Rich

Clicking on the Carnival Link I posted earlier, it is now showing the Splendor on the 18th as well. (Was I dreaming earlier???)

Rich

You weren't dreaming, Rich. I followed that link and saw exactly what you did. Strange!

Wow this has turned out to be interesting and glad I found this new site and passed it on. Time to keep spreading the word. This has been the 1st time I have started a new thread. Sounds like the Carnival ship won't be there after all. I thought I had heard at one time that when Carnival started to go to HMC they were only doing it on days that HAL ships wouldn't be there. Also there are no HAL ships in the Caribbean during the summer and it was a way to give people that cruise Carnival a chance to experience that kind of a day during a cruise as Carnival doesn't have their own out island. Heard or read that depending how people responded and due to the size of the island it was possible to develop a area on another part of the island for the Carnival ships. Don't know if this was true and if this idea is still a possibility that it would actually happen.

R. J.

53 cruises on HAL at the age of 43

561 days at sea on 12 different DAM SHIPS

500 day gold medallion holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

10/08 Canada/New England & Atlantic Coast - Eurodam

12/08 Christmas & New Years - Westerdam

if Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

Heard or read that depending how people responded and due to the size of the island it was possible to develop a area on another part of the island for the Carnival ships. Don't know if this was true and if this idea is still a possibility that it would actually happen.

What I read quite a while back was that HMC was just a small part of Little San Salvadore Island that HAL leases from the Bahamian government. The rest is a national park and can not be developed. I don't know if the Bahamian government would allow more to be developed.

Rich

:confused:

I love how it shows a complete map of all the ports. I don't think CruiseCal did that.

Also there is a link to add information if you find a mistake -- so for the new Oosterdam schedules, let the PortTime webmaster know and I assume it will quickly be updated.

Okay, scavenger hunt time: what's the LARGEST passenger load you can find for any given date/port? My best entry so far is:

12/9 Tue - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendor, Norwegian Dawn, Statendam (and Maasdam -- the ship I was searching)

TOTAL PASSENGER LOAD: 14,436

(Okay, I just found a load of 16,179 for Miami, but maybe we should exclude major US embarkation points from this game).

I don't think we will do another Car. cruise.:confused:

NO WE WON'T!:eek:

I love how it shows a complete map of all the ports. I don't think CruiseCal did that.

Also there is a link to add information if you find a mistake -- so for the new Oosterdam schedules, let the PortTime webmaster know and I assume it will quickly be updated.

Okay, scavenger hunt time: what's the LARGEST passenger load you can find for any given date/port? My best entry so far is:

12/9 Tue - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendor, Norwegian Dawn, Statendam (and Maasdam -- the ship I was searching)

TOTAL PASSENGER LOAD: 14,436

(Okay, I just found a load of 16,179 for Miami, but maybe we should exclude major US embarkation points from this game).

3/25/09 Cozumel, Mexico 18,530

Donna, I just checked with the Excel spread sheet I have for all of CCL Corp and it also shows the Carnival Splendor "At Sea" and only the 2 HAL ships at HMC on the 20th. It shoes the Carnival ship there on the 18th. I think you are safe and that it was wrong:)

richwmn,

I have a article that I printed back on Nov. 13, 2007 of a article dated Nov. 9, 2007 from http://newsmoneycentral.msn.com that talks about the 10th anniversary of HMC that was celibrated last Dec. 12th.

"In December 1996, Holland America Line purchased the uninhabited 2,400 acre island of Little San Salvador from several Bahamian owners for $6 million and debuted Half Moon Cay as a port of call Dec.12, 1997. The line initially invested $16 million in the facility, which today is situated on approximately 50 acres and developed it according to the guidelines of the Business Charter for Sustainable Development established by the International Chamber of Commerce".

What I read or heard about Carnival developing their own area may or may not have been true and just wanted to share part of the article. If I see this paragraph right and based on what we have always thought to be the case HAL owns the island. Other Carnival Corp. lines have thier own out islands to go to except Carnival.

Back in December, 1997 my mom & I did the 1st ever cruise to the Caribbean of the Rotterdam VI after other problems caused us to lose the Maiden Voyage that was origonally scheduled to sail from Venice. As a result of doing this 1st cruise to the Caribbean we were the 1st "OFFICIAL" cruise with paying passengers to go to HMC. Boy has it chnaged since.

R. J.

53 cruises on HAL at the age of 43

561 days at sea on 12 different DAM SHIPS

500 day gold medallion holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

10/08 Canada/New England & Atlantic Coast - Eurodam

12/08 Christmas & New Years - Westerdam

if Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

Donna, I just checked with the Excel spread sheet I have for all of CCL Corp and it also shows the Carnival Splendor "At Sea" and only the 2 HAL ships at HMC on the 20th. It shoes the Carnival ship there on the 18th. I think you are safe and that it was wrong:)

I found the same info on another site and posted it earlier on this thread. She's THRILLED! I don't blame her. :)

Thanks for the site info - very helpful.

I see that our cruise to Alaska in Sept. has so many ships in most ports.

What I would like to know - is there any way to find out which ships will

be docked and which will have to tender?

It is so nice to just walk off the ship and the only tendering we have every done in Alaska was in Sitka - with 2 ships there it took a long

time to get in and back again. would hate to have to tender in the other ports.

I have never seen Alaska so busy in Sept. I would have booked a later sailing if I had known - at least every port wouldn't be jammed then.

Thanks for any info!

Archived