Replacement for CruiseCal

rjbean4

Donna, I just checked with the Excel spread sheet I have for all of CCL Corp and it also shows the Carnival Splendor "At Sea" and only the 2 HAL ships at HMC on the 20th. It shoes the Carnival ship there on the 18th. I think you are safe and that it was wrong:)

Thanks, Lisa - it's SO neat that you have inside information to share when we need it! Twinkletoes did put my mind at ease though, before you could get home to the Excel file. CC is such a great place!

As for the portime.com website - considering the massive amounts of data assembled there, a couple of errors are sure to show up from time to time. I think it's really nice they've provided an easy way to contact them about one. It's a terrific site - one of those I know I'll have to check everytime I look at cruises or wonder what's going on in some of my favorite ports.

Thanks again to rjbean4 - you've found a treasure for us all !!

I used CruiseCal all the time but don't really want to pay for it:rolleyes: I do hope it's an accurate site. I pulled up the Pride sailing for 07-18-09 and it only shows one other ship, the Destiny at the port of Miami:confused: Not sure if that is correct. Again thanks:)

Wow. How does that compare to their normal population?

ST Thomas, USVI

Population: 51,181 (2000 Census)

Charlotte Amalie (Town): 11,004

Charlotte Amalie (Sub-district): 18,914

East End: 7,672

North Side: 8,712

South Side: 5,467

Tutu: 8,197

West End: 2,058

Rich

Seems like this is a good site to check if you're just vacationing somewhere, then. Imagine being there calmly enjoying the beach and suddenly 20,000 people descend on you for the day.

Although I guess it will serve to remind you how nice it is when they LEAVE.

No I won't be sharing this site with any other cruise line boards. We only cruise HAL. Sure over time as we all pich in to help get things corrected it will settle down and be more accurate. Hard to say how far out we can go to check on cruises too. When we book ours we do it about a year out in advance and book while on board for that time the followng year. Our TA gets the booking. Maybe as more info can be added will be more accuate as all our sailings get closer.

When I went to CruiseCal and didn't get to the list right away I did it a 2nd and maybe a 3rd time. When I discovered that we now had to pay to get access to a list where I found frequent mistakes I said no way to paying and said bye bye.

When cruising Alaska ships will always anchor at Sitka and I think Icy Strait. The rest ships can dock unless there are too many in port to accomidate at the piers that are a available which would force some to anchor. Have notcied when we get into our cabin that usually if you look at the info provided for shore excursions it will list if the ship will be docked or anchored.

R. J.

53 cruises on HAL at the age of 43

561 days at sea on 12 different DAM SHIPS

500 day gold medallion holder

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

10/08 Canada/New England & Atlantic Coast - Eurodam

12/08 Christmas & New Years - Westerdam

if Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

I all. I am the webmaster for porttime.com and appreciate your positive comments! As you can see, I am still entering all the info. I corrected the Carnival Splendor sailing to show it at HMC on 11/18.

PLEASE let me know of any errors you find. I will research and get them corrected ASAP. Also, please let me know of any suggestions for the site.

John

I all. I am the webmaster for porttime.com and appreciate your positive comments! As you can see, I am still entering all the info. I corrected the Carnival Splendor sailing to show it at HMC on 11/18.

PLEASE let me know of any errors you find. I will research and get them corrected ASAP. Also, please let me know of any suggestions for the site.

John

Welcome to CC John:)

I want to thank you very much for your site but I do have one suggestion. I noticed that when ever a ships is doing the Panama Canal you show it "At Sea" is there any way to shoe that it is doing the Canal that day? I know that I have the spread she for CCL Corp and I noticed that they too only show "Sea Day" for when a ship is going thru the locks.

I was just playing around with the Sailwx website cheching on some HAL ship positioning and found a link that looked interesting at the same time. Went to check it out and looks like for those of us that used to go to CruiseCal that we now have to pay for have another website to look for where ships are on a daily basis. Its

www.porttime.com It has just launched and there is two ways to do a search. By ship or port. I went the port route and the entire month of April came up for that port. Then if you click on a specific ship and date you will get that ships itinerary and a listing of other ships in port during its cruise. Just wanted to pass it on.

R. J.

Sept.04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

If Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

Thanks for sharing this great site. I especially like the fact that it gives the number of passengers in port. I used to do this on my own with CruiseCal by checking the capacity of each ship and totaling for each port.

I was just playing around with the Sailwx website cheching on some HAL ship positioning and found a link that looked interesting at the same time. Went to check it out and looks like for those of us that used to go to CruiseCal that we now have to pay for have another website to look for where ships are on a daily basis. Its

www.porttime.com It has just launched and there is two ways to do a search. By ship or port. I went the port route and the entire month of April came up for that port. Then if you click on a specific ship and date you will get that ships itinerary and a listing of other ships in port during its cruise. Just wanted to pass it on.

R. J.

Sept.04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

If Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

Thanks for sharing this great site. I especially like the fact that it gives the number of passengers in port. I used to do this on my own with CruiseCal by checking the capacity of each ship and totaling for each port. This does it for me.

Great site thanks....But maybe we should not rave about it too much as the owners may start having $$$$$$$ thoughts!!!!

OR, if we rave about it enough ... the advertisers will see the all the hits and support it for us! :)

Donna

Hi John. Welcome to Cruise Critic. Looks like you will have a lot of us from the HAL board that will enjoy what you have set up and launched with Port Time. Sure there will be more from boards of the other cruise lines as they hear about it. A lot of us used to go to CruiseCal for this info but suddenly it became a subscription only site and I always found a lot of mistakes. Your new site will be enjoyed by a lot of cruiseaholics as we continue to follow the whereabouts of our favorite ships. One of my favorite expressions is "Experience the World by Sea". That is how I have had the opportunity to see what I have of the world and a lot of it at my age. Its not uncommon for other passengers to come up to me at a Mariners Party and ask how I could have so many days at sea at my age. Well we have been cruising with HAL for over 19 years.

R. J.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thoughts. Oh I hope not. That's why so may will start going to Port Time and not CruiseCal.

R. J.

I all. I am the webmaster for porttime.com and appreciate your positive comments!

You're welcome! I'm really enjoying it. (I may only take one cruise in my life but I'll be checking regularly to see where I *could* be going :) ).

Since you asked for enhancement suggestions, here are some. Please be sure to understand that these are NOT intended to suggest that there's anything wrong with the site as-is. I am really amazed at how much work you've put it into it already:

1) In the calendar view that shows all the ships for a given port, you could include the total # expected in port that day right in that view.

2) In the Map View, you have the little red port arrows numbered on the map, but those numbers don't lead back anywhere to the list of ports. Perhaps you could number the lines. (And for a round-trip, put in both numbers for a start/end port).

3) When looking at a single port, you could include port information linked to the red pointer on the Google map -- e.g. a port webcam, or some other general source of information about the port -- that pops up in a little window when you click on or mouse over the red pointer arrow.

John

Welcome John....and thanks for your site!

As I said yesterday, it's so quick & easy to use. My only advice would be to try to avoid any urge to make it "too fancy." I'm still on dial-up. I quickly found what I needed: "the "who, what, where & how many" Love that the "how many pax in port" is included and that's one more piece of information that's helpful. I'll be checking your site in the future for every itinerary I consider.

Martha

John

Great job! Keep up the good work.

Glad eveyone is finding out about Port Time. Guess I was in the right place at the right time yesterday when I went to Sailwx. This is one link I was glad that I noticed and checked out. Has sparked some interesting discussions. Starting this thread to share this discovery was my good deed for the day yesterday. Now I just wish we didn't have to wait till Oct.1st for our next cruise.

R. J.

John

Welcome!

Love your site. :)

Archived