Princess back in French Polynesia??

I think it's just in the winter months, but could be wrong. It's my understanding that the PP will be doing the same 10-day itinerary, just not as often. If you go to the Princess Board, there is a listing of the new 'exotic' cruises being offered next year and the Tahiti/FP dates are in there.

It seems the Pacific Princess will be sailing in FP for the month of October, November and one cruise in December 2009.

We booked the October 9th cruise as soon as they were open for booking to keep as far away from the rains as possible as last time we cruised on the TP it rained almost everyday, all day. :(

So glad to see Princess is returning to Tahiti after the TP leaves this December, if only for a couple of months. Better than nothing.

P&O Australia have Pacific Dawn visiting French Polynesia

in June - W818. The first voyage to Tahiti in 25 years from Sydney.

Last done by original Oriana.

Sun Princess is doing the same 28 day cruise from Sydney to 14 South Pacific ports - leaving on 21st October 2008. S817

This is after the S814 Circle Pacific cruise leaving Sydney on 14th July 2008 calling at 29 ports in 75 days.

It seems the Pacific Princess will be sailing in FP for the month of October, November and one cruise in December 2009.

We booked the October 9th cruise as soon as they were open for booking to keep as far away from the rains as possible as last time we cruised on the TP it rained almost everyday, all day. :(

So glad to see Princess is returning to Tahiti after the TP leaves this December, if only for a couple of months. Better than nothing.

My thoughts exactly, Toto. It'll be more of a scramble to book it, but at least the option is still there. I have a feeling that, even with this return trip, it won't be enough for my DH!

My thoughts exactly, Toto. It'll be more of a scramble to book it, but at least the option is still there. I have a feeling that, even with this return trip, it won't be enough for my DH!

One thing we have found, we can never seem to get enough to Tahiti. This next cruise will be cruise #6 for us to Tahiti in one form or another. And I still remember leaving Tahiti that very first time, just knowing I would never return. I can still picture it in my mind. Little did I know then how many times we would go back to that gorgeous place.

I had the same experience after the first time we left the Big Island of Hawai'i - and that was 35 or so trips ago. Somehow, I don't think we'll be able to swing that many trips to Tahiti, but I've learned to never say never! Like I said I'd never cruise!

P&O Australia have Pacific Dawn visiting French Polynesia

in June - W818. The first voyage to Tahiti in 25 years from Sydney.

Last done by original Oriana.

Sun Princess is doing the same 28 day cruise from Sydney to 14 South Pacific ports - leaving on 21st October 2008. S817

This is after the S814 Circle Pacific cruise leaving Sydney on 14th July 2008 calling at 29 ports in 75 days.

Hi - We have been looking at these itineraries. There is so much more to the South Pacific than just Tahiti and we love it all.

Would love to see Tonga and Samoa.

We have been to Samoa, it is one lovely place. Definitely worth a visit if you ever get a chance. One way to see it is to book one of the cruises that go from the West Coast of the U.S. to Sydney. It is on the itineary! ;)

Pacific Sandy - you're right, there is more to the South Pacific than just Tahiti and it's our hope to see much of it eventually - either on a cruise or off.

We checked out the cruise, but we had been to so many of the other stops, that we have decided just to head over to Tonga and the Samoas from Hawai'i (we're thinking 2010) for a couple of weeks. Possibly we will throw in Pago Pago at the same time, but we're not sure right now.

That's the beauty of this planet of ours, so much to see and marvel at.

Sounds wonderful Charlie.

We tried to arrange a stopover in Tonga on our way to Oz this November, but the flights wouldn't work.

We'll get there one day. Have you been to Fiji - I HIGHLY recommend a Blue Lagoon Cruise. Very small, informal ships and a wonderful cultural experience.

I just can't figure out people who never venture out of the Caribbean.

The world is our oyster.:)

Pacific Sandy

While the Dawn Princess is not a Blue Lagoon cruise, there is an interesting itinerary leaving Sydney to New Caladoia, and Fiji sailing June 22, 2009. We've done 3 TP cruises to Tahiti, and we are a bit concerned that we might not enjoy the Fiji sailing as much. Also, the Tahitian P. is a much smaller ship than the Dawn. We're also concerned with the weather in the area, Australia and Fiji - we're warm weather weather vacation people and love a day at the beach. ( We've been spoiled by the weather and beauty in French Polynesia.) I guess the bottom line is - are we likely to find Fiji, ( I think that the ship docks at two large cities), suffering in comparison to our Tahiti cruises? Can you give me your opinion?

Linda :-)

Sounds wonderful Charlie.

We tried to arrange a stopover in Tonga on our way to Oz this November, but the flights wouldn't work.

We'll get there one day. Have you been to Fiji - I HIGHLY recommend a Blue Lagoon Cruise. Very small, informal ships and a wonderful cultural experience.

I just can't figure out people who never venture out of the Caribbean.

The world is our oyster.:)

Haven't gotten to Fiji yet, but it is on the list. Thanks for the hint about Blue Lagoon. I shall remember that.

What I can't figure are folks who cruise the same itinerary again and again. This is the first time we've repeated and it's not totally repeating, since we're going on a slightly different route. For us, the best cruise is the one we're about to go on because it's always going to intoduce us to some place new!!

Oh well...

Haven't gotten to Fiji yet, but it is on the list. Thanks for the hint about Blue Lagoon. I shall remember that.

What I can't figure are folks who cruise the same itinerary again and again. This is the first time we've repeated and it's not totally repeating, since we're going on a slightly different route. For us, the best cruise is the one we're about to go on because it's always going to intoduce us to some place new!!

Oh well...

Charlie, have to agree with you there:) although from Australia we only have had the option to cruise the South Pacific as far as New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji, but now with the Princess ships permanently in our waters, we can enjoy cruising to Asia, Tahiti, and world cruises from our shores, without having to pay the hefty airfares;)

I am looking for new ports and new ships to cruise on, as much as I love the South Pacific, it's time for some new adventures......oh, and check out my countdown, under 2 weeks till my 28 days Tahiti cruise:D :D can't wait!!!

Chez

xx

Two weeks - sigh. We're about to hit 19! Anytime is a good time for a cruise though!

We're all over the map, usually with a Pacific Rim cruise thrown in every two or three years, keeps the trips there special. There's just so much to explore and see. I also like the choice of sizes with Princess. They don't just run a certain size ship, so you really do have your pick (in many cases) of what you sail.

When you're ready to check out Asia, let me know. Kept a pretty complete travel diary of our time there!

Cheers! - and have a great cruise!

• 4 weeks later...

The new 09 schedule catches the best 6 weeks and the heart of the summer when the rainy season starts. One thing we've learned, though, about French Polynesia is that you can never predict the weather and that despite rain, it is always wonderful!

• 2 weeks later...

We have been there three times, but I can't remember the months. We are going in June next year. I look at the weather on Weather.com and go with the spikes as does the other poster. The temperature is always the same--but the rain is the difference. I looked like June was one of the lower months. Go on Weather.com and there is historical that you can check on and you will see the chart.

Just starting to plan the FP trip, I see a remark about rain. When is the best to travel there on a princess cruise?

On Princess you are very limited to the months they will be sailing there now. In 2009 the first cruise is October 9th and then every 10 days until December, when they will pull out of Tahiti again. We booked the first cruise in October.

Our last visit there was towards the end of October (feeling quite safe about the torential rains). Wrong, we had constant rain for almost the entire trip. After several visits to Tahiti, it is the first time we have ever visted where the air and waters were not warm and pleasent. We made the best of the trip, but it was no where near as great as previous sailings. It always rains in Tahiti, that is why it is so gorgeous, but this was beyond belief.

I would suggest to go on the earliest sailing, you have a better chance of much nicer weather.

On Princess you are very limited to the months they will be sailing there now. In 2009 the first cruise is October 9th and then every 10 days until December, when they will pull out of Tahiti again. We booked the first cruise in October.

Our last visit there was towards the end of October (feeling quite safe about the torential rains). Wrong, we had constant rain for almost the entire trip. After several visits to Tahiti, it is the first time we have ever visted where the air and waters were not warm and pleasent. We made the best of the trip, but it was no where near as great as previous sailings. It always rains in Tahiti, that is why it is so gorgeous, but this was beyond belief.

I would suggest to go on the earliest sailing, you have a better chance of much nicer weather.

Thanks for your answer. I have in fact signed up for the 10-09-2009 cruise with Princess. I have joined the roll call, so I look forward to picking your brain before the cruise.

Leslie

Thanks for your answer. I have in fact signed up for the 10-09-2009 cruise with Princess. I have joined the roll call, so I look forward to picking your brain before the cruise.

Leslie

Leslie, I guess I should have looked at your user name before answering that hey? My apology! Sometimes I answer questions on the question alone and pay no attention to who is posting the question. :o See you onboard!

Archived