Received Gty TBA cabin today

mics pics

Hi all, for those who are curious: (I know I sure was while waiting...)

I received my cabin assignment at 57 days out for my July cruise. I booked a 1A and received a 1A, so no upgrade, but since I'm going solo I wasn't expecting one and very happy.

Just thought I'd let those that are waiting for assignments or wondering about upgrades know.

One Conquest review coming up in about 65 days. ;)

unfortunately, you confirmed what others are saying, that if you book a 1a, you could and may actually get a 1A. I have seen a few other posts saying this, thanks.

Yep, Im always curious. I have one guarantee booked, the rest I picked a cabin.

Anxiously awaiting.... We are at about 78 days now.... So another 20 days or so and maybe we will know!!

WE booked 4A so we shall see. I will be thrilled to be on the ship. But will be even more thrilled if the upgrade fairy visits us for DD's 21st B-day:o

Cabin 1426 set up for singles, here's the video:

Fred

Im on the Ecstasy Fred, with my guarantee. If I remember your video is another class of ships. All the 1As on Ecstasy have uppers and lowers, so I gambled. Might be better off even now to pick a cabin on a higher deck, instead?

Im on the Ecstasy Fred, with my guarantee. If I remember your video is another class of ships. All the 1As on Ecstasy have uppers and lowers, so I gambled. Might be better off even now to pick a cabin on a higher deck, instead?

This is the Freedom but its also a cabin with a Upper and Lower, the Upper bed is hidden away since there is only one person in this cabin 1426.

If I were you I would just keep the Cat.1a guarantee to keep the cost down.

Fred

This is the Freedom but its also a cabin with a Upper and Lower, the Upper bed is hidden away since there is only one person in this cabin 1426.

If I were you I would just keep the Cat.1a guarantee to keep the cost down.

Fred

Yea, I pretty much as stuck with 1A now that the price has jumped so much. I just meant pick a 1A on a higher deck rather than take the chance of getting assigned Riveria deck. I booked at $269, now its $329 1A, or $399 to pick a inside 4A cabin. Only was $30 pp difference to book inside when I booked, now its $60 pp jump up. Im a little sorry I booked it now, but Im keeping it. For one thing we arent paying the new fuel surcharge, booked in april 2007 and we would get hit with that too if I changed, so Im stuck!! When I booked it, everyone on CC was assuring folks that of course you will get upgraded to at least a inside, 4A, and it seemed to be true back April 2007, not true now. At least the price of $269 now looks like a deal, even though lots of dates were that price back then.

thanks. Im still planning on going, and you know who will have the upper bunk if we get it. lol Its only for 5 days.

Anxiously awaiting.... We are at about 78 days now.... So another 20 days or so and maybe we will know!!

WE booked 4A so we shall see. I will be thrilled to be on the ship. But will be even more thrilled if the upgrade fairy visits us for DD's 21st B-day:o

Hi! We got ours a couple of weeks ago.. about 56 - 57 days out. Those of us that booked 6A's got 6D's, the 4A's got 4D's so except for the ones in the suites, we are all of the same deck! We are pretty happy about our upgrades! Good luck! :)

OMG-that cabin is tiny!!!!! I wiould get claustraphobic!!

Thankfully I will pay more to get a balcony cabin even if I usually go solo. No low deck inside/oceanview cabing for me...I got to be higher up and have a place to sit while I wake up in the morning!!!

OMG-that cabin is tiny!!!!! I wiould get claustraphobic!!

Thankfully I will pay more to get a balcony cabin even if I usually go solo. No low deck inside/oceanview cabing for me...I got to be higher up and have a place to sit while I wake up in the morning!!!

Amen to that!

I booked a 1A and received a 1A, so no upgrade, but since I'm going solo I wasn't expecting one and very happy.

My last 1A I picked my cabin so I wouldn't get upgraded. The time before that I picked 1A gty and was put in a assigned cabin by the time I checked on the site the next day. The two times before that I booked a 1A I was "upgraded" to a 4A. I rather have a 1A than any inside cabin as there is more room without the extra bed on the floor.

mics pics, we cant wait to get on the Conquest 55 days till Galveston , guess a trip to New Orleans 06/01/08 and a walk through the quarter will help us get in the mood....mmm....mmm. Bourbon street Dod will be nice....lol.....Bilbo

I booked an Inside gty and received my room assignment 40 days before cruising. We were assigned a 4B in the middle of the ship. We are happy as we are one deck above steerage, and middle of the ship. No quantum leaps of upgrades, we did not expect any either.

ML

Hi all, for those who are curious: (I know I sure was while waiting...)

I received my cabin assignment at 57 days out for my July cruise. I booked a 1A and received a 1A, so no upgrade, but since I'm going solo I wasn't expecting one and very happy.

Just thought I'd let those that are waiting for assignments or wondering about upgrades know.

One Conquest review coming up in about 65 days. ;)

We'll be watchin' for it!!

:)

thanks for the pictures! Mom will love to see them. We booked in Nov. 2007. My husband & I booked a room in the middle of the empress deck - since I want a smooth ride if possible. Mom was hoping to get a roommate - but it didn't work out. We were happy to hear she will be on the same deck - but a bit of a walk! This is a "family" cruise celebrating her 80th birthday. We can't wait.

thanks for the pictures! Mom will love to see them. We booked in Nov. 2007. My husband & I booked a room in the middle of the empress deck - since I want a smooth ride if possible. Mom was hoping to get a roommate - but it didn't work out. We were happy to hear she will be on the same deck - but a bit of a walk! This is a "family" cruise celebrating her 80th birthday. We can't wait.

hoping for a roommate--not through the cruiselines as they did away with that a few years back-- i woulda been her room mate--lol out side her cabin door is another door that will take her to the outside deck-- she can use that as her own privae balcony---not many people will go out there since they dont know its there.

A tip for your mom---take the bed furthest away from the entrance. the first bed has a call button that always seems to get in the way of the pillow so when my person turned over--the pillow laid on the call button

Archived