Cabin size - CCL vs. RCCL?

ejeffo

Okay, I have heard that Carnival's cabins are bigger than Royal's. However, I just left the Elation, and... well... seriously? I honestly don't see how you could get much smaller. I am in no way complaining because I had the time of my life, but... any smaller and the bed would barely fit in there, let alone 2-3 people!!

Depends on what ship you are comparing it to.

The cabin you had was probably 185 s.f.

Sovereign of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas, the inside cabins are 119 s.f. and OVs are121 s.f

However, the newer ships there is less of a difference.

this is what 121 s.f looks like. The beds end where the very small desk with one small chair is. Just room to walk between the beds to get to the bathroom. The inside cabin had no other storage other than the very narrow desk drawers, not even shelfs in the closet, we had to use our suitcases to hold most of our stuff.

btw this 121 s.f. cabin is a quad if you notice the uppers lol.

Picture053.jpg

Trust me when I say this because I have been on Carnival Elation and the Sovereign of the Seas....Carnival rooms are MUCH bigger if you comparing both of those ships. We just got off of SOS and I could not believe how small the room was. But honestly, you just use it to sleep in. :)

Okay, I have heard that Carnival's cabins are bigger than Royal's. However, I just left the Elation, and... well... seriously? I honestly don't see how you could get much smaller. I am in no way complaining because I had the time of my life, but... any smaller and the bed would barely fit in there, let alone 2-3 people!!

Not sure what your question is but...if you go to www.cruisedeckplans.com and click on the ships and catagories you are comparing ($ for $) you will see that Carnival has larger cabins.;) ;)

Depends on what ship you are comparing it to.

The cabin you had was probably 185 s.f.

Sovereign of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas, the inside cabins are 119 s.f. and OVs are121 s.f

However, the newer ships there is less of a difference.

this is what 121 s.f looks like. The beds end where the very small desk with one small chair is. Just room to walk between the beds to get to the bathroom. The inside cabin had no other storage other than the very narrow desk drawers, not even shelfs in the closet, we had to use our suitcases to hold most of our stuff.

btw this 121 s.f. cabin is a quad if you notice the uppers lol.

Picture053.jpg

Holy cow that's small :eek:

Holy cow that's small :eek:

Yep it is. Just imagine the smallest bedroom in you home. Usually 10 x 12. That is 120sf. Now put a bathroom with shower, closet space and two twin beds inside of that space. Then put two bunks and 4 people in there too....

If you did this in the justice system to people you were going to be locked up for twenty years it would be called inhumane. Prisoners in jail have more space.......:D :D

one of my daughters has been on rccl & ccl. she says the cabins on carnival are a lot bigger.

Deanna - We've sailed on Princess and Disney and carnival is definately the largest. I thought Princess was like a closet.

We always wanted to try RCCL but I'm not so sure I want to give up a cabin that is larger. Maybe when DW and I become empty nestors we may try it.

Deanna - We've sailed on Princess and Disney and carnival is definately the largest. I thought Princess was like a closet.

We always wanted to try RCCL but I'm not so sure I want to give up a cabin that is larger. Maybe when DW and I become empty nestors we may try it.

I have pictures of my OV cabin on Voyager. It was 180 s.f. and I didnt really feel cramped at all. RCL does put a lot of nooks and crannies for putting things away on their ships. We noticed that on Rhapsody as well.

If you stay away from their older ships that do the short iteneraries, you will be fine. We had a nice sitting area in our OV on Voyager. Of course on Conquest we will have a 220 s.f. vs. the 180 s.f. on Voyager but really both are fine... just Carnival has larger cabins. RCL ships are really beautifull on the other side of the coin.

My DD always get OV on Carnival and we get BAL. The rooms are the exact same only window vs. balcony. We were on Sovereign with RCCL and it was COMICAL:D how tiny our interior was! Had fun though!

I had a lot of fun too on SOV!!! Fun ship. Just wouldnt do another inside cabin, no storage. But everything else was fun.

The rooms of 185 sp ft on the Elation are huged compaired to the 122 sq for room I had on the Monarch and the 118 sq ft on the Grandure. I thought I was gonna lose it. At least the we had a conecting door to the next room. But, you had to climb over a chair to go thru it:eek:

i have been on the sensation jubilee and destiny with carnival and the sovereign and enchantment of the seas. i can say without a doubt that the standard inside and ov cabins on carnival are much larger, however once you get into the rci delux rooms they win hands down. carnival has cat 8 9a 11 and 12 suites rci has superior ov delux ov 1 2 3 junior suite grand suite owners suite royal family suite royal suite and now a royal persidential suite. the carnival cat 8 is comporable to a superior ov and the 9a is similar to a delux1-3 minus the wrap arpund balcony cat 11 -12 are like junior-grand suites with rci. i have been in a royal family suite and let me tell you its bigger than anything carnival has 2 bedroom living room 2 baths mini bar frig its great .while earlier i said yes the standard room on carnival is bigger the rci suites way out do carnival. of course so are the prices$$$$

I've also read on the boards that Princess cabins are small as well. I believe the mini-suites on Princess are the same size as the balcony cabins on the new Carnival ships. I am sure the RCCL cabins (high end) are great but price is a biggie for us. Even comparing RCCL/Princess to Carnival is a huge difference - $500/700 per person. That is a lot of $$!

The beds are smaller as well. On Carnival the twin beds convert to a King but on Royal the beds convert into a Queen making the beds smaller so the room seems larger.

We just sailed on RCCL's FOS and booked an ocean view cabin expecting something similar to Carnival's category 6's. DH called this cabin the penalty box because it was hard to move around without whacking some part of your body on something.

Rooms on the newer and larger ships are larger than the older ships for both lines. I can compare RCI Mariner of the Seas JS to Carnival Glory Cat. 11. Mariner has larger room, larger closet, and more shelf space. Bathroom about the same size, but Carnival Glory vanity has 2 sinks, where Mariner has 1. Also, the Cat. 11 is larger on the Glory than the Triumph.:cool:

Archived