More Solstice pictures - Aft

Gitte

I love it, Thank you, picked out my cabin....

With the exception of Resort Deck, it appears the aft cabins don't have much overhang and protection from the elements. We've got a cabin on the hump on Resort Deck, but it's still too covered with tarps to see what our cabin looks like. I'm hoping we have a pretty large overhang since we'll be on a transatlantic.

With the exception of Resort Deck, it appears the aft cabins don't have much overhang and protection from the elements. We've got a cabin on the hump on Resort Deck, but it's still too covered with tarps to see what our cabin looks like. I'm hoping we have a pretty large overhang since we'll be on a transatlantic.

The aft will have great protection from the wind. Besides that if it is raining...would you really want to be on any balcony.

I make a motion that we ban all pics of the ship until it sails...

...because I just can't take the waiting any more! Come on folks, admit it. This is going to be the most beautiful ship on the seas. I still have 7 months to wait! AGH! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

When are you going on the this Great Ship, Cruise47, I would like to now, because my wife and I are going on the 3/22/09 cruise. In Room 2152 just to see if this Room is all what they say it is. And if anyone is going to stay in the same room B-for 3/22/09. I would like a up-date on this state room. Also what does the CC class comes with for the Extra Money. Tom and Sandi Thanks.:confused: :)

These are super pictures but this Solstice novice is finding herself challenged as to what cabins are where and which decks are which.

These are the cabins I've picked out - haven't booked yet:

Sunrise: A1's -- 7305 + 7354

C2's -- 7303 + 7352

Continental: B2's -- 6300 + 01 + 02 + 03

Vista: A1's -- 8343 + 8334 (hmmm - something wrong here!)

A2's -- 8341 + 8334

Panorama: -- A1's -- 9297 + 9370

Sky: C1's 1401 + 1194

Penthouse: C1's -- 1668 (but this is a connect suite & under the pool/cafe etc. so maybe not so good.)

I was centering on the Sky 1401 CC. CC mainly for the fact you got the double cruise credit as the pillow thing really makes little difference to me and for the larger deck (as most of the above appears to have). Now I'm wondering if that 'long metal exterior thing' :o is going to cause this suite to be dark -- limit the sunshine??

Lots of you seem to have picked out your various cabins. What would you suggest given I'd prefer the larger balconies, like the sunshine when it's available, and prefer to be close to the cafe so the DH can fetch the AM eye opener. :D

I don't have a brochure yet so I have to keep switching back and forth in views to try figuring this out. Thus I'd really appreciate *the experts* insight.

In case it makes a diff, this will (hopefully) be a Med cruise in early Sept. '09.

TYSVM

In case it makes a diff, this will (hopefully) be a Med cruise in early Sept. '09.

TYSVM

Why not join us on the Solstice E. Med cruise for commencing Aug 17 09. Fantastic itinerary, with added bonus of 12 NIGHTS, when I last looked it was cheaper than the regular 11 night, but it stops in at Scicily also:D . Yes, August is hot, but early Sept will be pretty warm also !!

Cant wait... but such a long way off, not yet worked out the number of days countdown.

When are you going on the this Great Ship, Cruise47, I would like to now, because my wife and I are going on the 3/22/09 cruise. In Room 2152 just to see if this Room is all what they say it is. And if anyone is going to stay in the same room B-for 3/22/09. I would like a up-date on this state room. Also what does the CC class comes with for the Extra Money. Tom and Sandi Thanks.:confused: :)

Feb 1, 2009 is our sailing date..

OK, this is driving me nuts. :confused: :confused: those corner aft sky suites on the Continental deck, are there balcony's going to be huge? extend all the way out ..........ontop of the entertainment deck? Or will that be a dead area like they have on the aft of the voyager class RCCL ships?

Penthouse: C1's -- 1668 (but this is a connect suite & under the pool/cafe etc. so maybe not so good.)

HollyK, 1668 on the PH deck is an aft CC cabin and connects (if needed) to an S1 Sky Suite (w/ 79sft veranda). The pool and cafe won't be above you, cabins will. I too love a large balcony, but can't tell if these CC afts are going to provide any more (or any less) veranda space than what the X site gives as 54 sft. Hope this information helps in decision making. It's so difficult to really identify the larger than advertised veranda cabins without photos! :(

ss_deck_11_AFT_right.gif

Thanks Anglergirl. Obviously switching back and forth, I became confused which deck was above / below which. :o At least I had the CC part correct. :) I'll be happy to have my brochure.

Can someone please 'splain what the *hump* is?? I haven't heard it before. Does it apply to all ships, all X ships, or only a certain class of X ship? Inquiring minds . . .

Figgy I'll take a look at Aug 17 as I haven't booked yet. I like the extra night + cheaper price. :D Just thinking Sep would be less crowded in the ports and possibly a little cooler -- both good things in my mind.

And another one....

Gitte:)

DSC_0530.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/Gitte107/DSC_0530.jpg

Is it me or does that bottom right cabin look as if the balcony is much deeper - look at the length of the right-hand wall as opposed to the right-hand walls on the other balconies a deck up......is this a hidden gem?! Have looked at the deckplans and appears this is a 2C #6303.

Is it me or does that bottom right cabin look as if the balcony is much deeper - look at the length of the right-hand wall as opposed to the right-hand walls on the other balconies a deck up......is this a hidden gem?! Have looked at the deckplans and appears this is a 2C #6303.

This is the question that I asked a few posts up. These lower aft cabins were the last aft's to go on the 11/30 cruise, but they just may be the gem of all aft cabins. I wish this picture was moved to the right just a tad bit... Ha ha.. every time i look at it I scroll over to the right thinking just this time it will go further.. ;)

Oh woops I just realized you are talking about a side cabin. Its those aft cabin balcony's on this level that are driving me nuts.. I do see what you are talking about though.

Looks like Celebrity can't get away from that overhang on Deck 10 or 11 which essentially blocks any sun on the balconies below most of the time. I always book aft balconies on Millenium class vessels which are half covered. Balconies right below the overhang are almost claustrophobic.

Archived