Luggage Tags

jkeivel11

We are flying into Miami the day before we cruise and was wondering if it's best to attach the luggage tags before we leave home or after we arrive in Miami? I don't know if they get in the way for the airline or if they can become damaged or missing.

I have the opposite opinion. If your bags get lost and the ship tags are on them, then airline knows where to send them. You can always get extra tags at the pier before turning them over to the porters for delivery to the ship if they come off during the flight. I always put my tags on before leaving home and I also put another tag on with my pre cruise hotel information and cell phone #.

We always wait until we arrive at our precruise hotel to put on our cruise-ship tags. However I ALWAYS keep the tags in my carry on - never in checked baggage, and I have first hand proof that this is the best way to go. Last year our checked baggage did not make it to our final destination:eek: . We reported our bags missing, gave our hotel address and told the claims person that we were cruising the next day. He asked for the cruise tags and said that when the bags were found they would be delivered directly to the ship. (In my head I said yeah right!!!) and handed the tags over. Believe it or not, our bags got delivered to our cabin door as if they had never gone missing!!!:D

I even took a picture of our luggage, I was so excited to see them!!

:cool:

We always wait until we arrive at our precruise hotel to put on our cruise-ship tags. However I ALWAYS keep the tags in my carry on - never in checked baggage, and I have first hand proof that this is the best way to go. Last year our checked baggage did not make it to our final destination:eek: . We reported our bags missing, gave our hotel address and told the claims person that we were cruising the next day. He asked for the cruise tags and said that when the bags were found they would be delivered directly to the ship. (In my head I said yeah right!!!) and handed the tags over. Believe it or not, our bags got delivered to our cabin door as if they had never gone missing!!!:D

I even took a picture of our luggage, I was so excited to see them!!

:cool:

I was hoping to see the picture of your "long lost luggage"! :D

Glad you got your things back!

I have the opposite opinion. If your bags get lost and the ship tags are on them, then airline knows where to send them. You can always get extra tags at the pier before turning them over to the porters for delivery to the ship if they come off during the flight. I always put my tags on before leaving home and I also put another tag on with my pre cruise hotel information and cell phone #.

I agree. I put them on before my flight and keep a few extra's just incase

When you complete your funpass through carnival it will have a docs option if you choose electronic you can print your own tags and just use tape to reinforce them and stick them to the bag. I did this first cruise and I had issues getting the things off:)

quote=scperk You could just make copies of your luggage tag and put the inside your luggage...I think they will get torn off at one of the airport baggage belts....Dennis

Honestly, in almost 40 cruises, this has never happened. But we did have lost luggage in Copenhagen prior to a Baltic cruise and while the bags never made it to our hotel, they were waiting for us on the ship when we boarded.

if you put them on before your flight you could laminate them , this makes

them more durable. I always laminate mine its very hard to get them off

when i do this.

The last time I had to print mine out, I took them to Kinkos and had them laminate then and punch holes for the bag-ties I used to attatch them...I think it was $6 to have 13 tags done.....Dennis

we use the laminating route..punch a hole thru them and attach

them to the luggage with a zip tie..

and thank s for the information on this thread..i ll put them on

the luggage for the flight as well..of course i ll carry a extra

set with our carry on..

Put them on after your flight. If your baggage does not show up you are required to fill out a baggage claim and you will give them all the info at this time. Normally (I know we do) you should have a tag with contact number on all luggage at all times..........

Also San Juan airport tears off all tags before you leave the airport. They used to do this at other airports and it seems San Juan still does. They did it to us last December.........

Laminating the tags is a great idea people. Wasnt thinking of that one Thanks Im also gonna through a copy inside the luggage just incase it gets ripped off. I agree that the tag should be put on after you pick up your luggage. Those airport rip the heck out of many peoples baggage now days arrrrrrrrrrr

Just use clear packing tape. Fold the tag and put tape over one side...flip over and tape the other and trim what overlaps around the edges. Punch a hole in it and I guarantee it is as strong as laminated ones for pennies.

we use the laminating route..punch a hole thru them and attach

them to the luggage with a zip tie..

and thank s for the information on this thread..i ll put them on

the luggage for the flight as well..of course i ll carry a extra

set with our carry on..

I'm going to print mine on 80# cardstock and then laminate them.

Does anyone have a picture of how the tag should look on the suitcase after "assembly"?

I don't mind printing my own tags or laminating them. I bring a roll of packing tape to secure them once I get to my hotel room. The ONLY issue I have with all this is that on our Valor cruise the porters put the "old normal" tags on all of our bags! What a waste printing all those when they are still attatching the old ones :rolleyes:

Archived