"LIVE" from Carnival Victory / Aug 3, 2008

Radio

Hello everyone. . .As most of you know, the last sea day is usually the worst day of the cruise.

This was a short cruise; but the Ports were great !

I really enjoyed Canada, and want to come back soon !

Today was a very busy day, with activities, must do’s, and much to buy for many passengers (Victory shops were packed most of the day)

It seemed like the busiest day for the crew. . .

We will be in New York early tomorrow, and I will try to post once more. . .

I love to cruise, and love to do “LIVE” posts. . . It only takes about an hour each day, for each post.

I spend that much every day on Cruise Critic ! :rolleyes:

The Coral Seas Café opens at 6AM for coffee. . .I might need to pack, and get some sleep ! !

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

This was a busy day out on the pool deck !

FG2.jpg

Passengers were on all outside decks today

FG3.jpg

The AFT Solarium Pool was busy too. . .

FG7.jpg

Heading back to NY Pier, at 16 kts. . .

FG5.jpg

Our position at 9PM. . .

MP16.jpg

Radio - great reports. One quick question. I'm on this cruise leaving Labor Day. I took the exact same cruise last year, but I can't remember the best public area to see the Statute of Liberty. My roll call group is planning to meet at the Triton Bar on the Lido Deck for sailaway. Is that a good spot, or is that on the wrong side of the ship? Last year, I had to leave where I was standing and make a dash to see the Statute, but I can't remember where I dashed to. Thanks so much.

Hello everyone. . .It is about 845AM now, and they just finished Self Assist.

They should be calling all Zones soon. We were docked by about 7AM, and the ship was cleared at 730AM.

I should be off by 1030AM, and then it is down to Maryland (about 4hrs)

Here are a few pics of our arrival in NYC.

There will be many more pics later. After I get I home I will load upload many more (with captions).

To see them all in a few days, just click HERE. (There are some there now. . .captions coming soon! )

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Approaching NYC, and the Verrazano Bridge

SA1.jpg

Manhattan in the Early Morning

SA4.jpg

We see the Explorer of the Seas getting ready to dock at Cape Liberty Cruise Port

SA2.jpg

Jersey City

SA3.jpg

Morning CNN news on Seaside Theatre

SA9.jpg

Statue of Liberty

SA8.jpg

Thanks for a great thread with wonderful pictures!!

I loved the Victory and I love my hometown - Halifax! For those coming to Halifax, here is another web cam of Halifax with 8 different camera views and also at the bottom there is a link to a web cam at Peggy's Cove. http://www.halifaxwebcam.ca/live/index.php?CURRENT_CAM=cam8&SET_CAM=cam8 :D

Maybe I'm just dense, but I cannot for the life of me understand how you got that pic. Where was the camera? It looks like it's taken from too far out for you to have just stuck the camera out...

:confused:

I was trying to figure out this same thing!!!! Even my son was like how did he do that....was it from a helicopter! LOL! I couldn't help but laugh at that statement!

Avril - There are two ships docked near the museum. The Acadia is a 1913 hydrographic survey ship; when we were there in 2004, the admission was included with the museum entry fee. HMCS Sackville is a Royal Canadian Navy corvette from 1941; when we were there, admission was separate from the museum, but she is close to the Acadia.

Thanks!! :D I think it's the HMCS Sackville that I had in mind. I'd love to see both ships though. Are they very far from the cruise port or the Maritime Museam of the Atlantic?

We see the Explorer of the Seas getting ready to dock at Cape Liberty Cruise Port

SA2.jpg

Wow, what a great picture, she's such a pretty ship!! :D I'd love to go on a Voyager and/or Freedom class someday.

Thanks!! :D I think it's the HMCS Sackville that I had in mind. I'd love to see both ships though. Are they very far from the cruise port or the Maritime Museam of the Atlantic?

They're both docked right across the boardwalk from the museum - I would say it's about a 15-minute walk from where Victory docks. I have a couple of photos from our 2004 cruise:

054_ARCADIA_HALIFAX.jpg.180403bb9325f6b00b1b016dcc9ab3a6.jpg

062_SACKVILLE_HALIFAX.jpg.fd8c99c58e084e31460d4b5f6bb787e0.jpg

059_SACKVILLE_HALIFAX.jpg.8a16ff0bf1f63f2dc542796ba360f338.jpg

Hello everyone ! Good Morning. . .We have a arrived at our first port; the beautiful port of Saint John, NB.

The weather is sunny, and mild (71f).

We arrived in the harbor and picked up the Pilot at 7AM. We were tied up to the dock by 7:45AM.

I will be going to the Maritime Museum for a couple of hours, and then explore this lovely city. The Canadian officials will clear the ship by 830AM, and all passengers will be able to debark via Gangway Deck 2 and 3 Midship.

Here are a few pics from our arrival. . . I will post more pics this afternoon. We have to be back on board by 330PM.

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

Approaching Saint John

W4.jpg

Entering the Harbor

W112.jpg

We can see the passenger terminal. . .

W6.jpg

I would like to get a photo of the Ship from up there. . .

W5.jpg

The Beautiful City of Saint John, NB

W15.jpg

We are getting tied up and ready to Debark soon. . .

W8.jpg

Loved your photos of our city, Radio. I often drive by the Victory when she is in port so it is nice to see the view from the other perspective.

You were using the temporary terminal at Long Wharf as a beautiful new terminal is under construction at Pugsley.

The tall light standard on the wharf with what looks like strings strung from the top in the shape of a Christmas tree is exactly that. It is a Saint John landmark. Every December the CBC radio holds their Harbour Lights campaign to raise money for local food banks. For every few hundred dollars they raise, they light a few strings of light until the whole thing is lit up in a giant Christmas tree. They usually raise between 75 to 100 thousand dollars each year.

They're both docked right across the boardwalk from the museum - I would say it's about a 15-minute walk from where Victory docks. I have a couple of photos from our 2004 cruise:

Thanks!! :D I'm so excited!! :D We're doing a sailing excursion through Carnival in the morning then were thinking about having lunch in a restaurant with a patio by the water. We'll probably do the Museam and the 2 ships in the afternoon.

Radio, thanks so much for the live report and pictures. My wife and I will be on the 8/23 sailing (along with some other posters from this thread) She wanted me to ask if the shipboard activities included dance lessons, specifically ballroom dancing lessons.

Radio, thanks so much for the live report and pictures. My wife and I will be on the 8/23 sailing (along with some other posters from this thread) She wanted me to ask if the shipboard activities included dance lessons, specifically ballroom dancing lessons.

They had a Couples Dance class on the last Daty at Sea (Friday), in the Caribbean Lounge.

I anm not sure if it was Ballroom dancing. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They had a Couples Dance class on the last Daty at Sea (Friday), in the Caribbean Lounge.

I anm not sure if it was Ballroom dancing. . .

Radio

Thanks.

I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks until our cruise. (Last year on this date we were in Copenhagen boading the Star Princess.)

After reading your reports I decided to bring my laptop.......when do you purchase the plan, when you first sign on?

Glad you had a great time...........I enjoyed reading it..........

Yes. . you should purchase a plan on the first day. . .They will add additional bonus time to whatever plan you select. . .

Radio

Yes. . you should purchase a plan on the first day. . .They will add additional bonus time to whatever plan you select. . .

Radio

Where do you purchase it? When you sign on your laptop? At the pursar's desk? At the internet lounge? Inquiering minds want to know......;)

Hi Radio,

We were on the same cruise. I'm looking and enjoying your pictures when I see a picture of us!! It is post #17 the first day. I'm wearing a black shirt and denin skirt and my daughter in red top is walking next to me. We're right next to the pool. My MIL is wearing a white top and black shorts and in right next to the waiter holding the 2 drinks.

Then I see in the St. John pic in Market Square my son (black hat and white shirt and daughter (red shirt) sitting at a table in the back ground! Thanks for taking me back, it was like being there again!

Deb

We were on the same cruise. I'm looking and enjoying your pictures when I see a picture of us!! It is post #17 the first day. I'm wearing a black shirt and denin skirt and my daughter in red top is walking next to me. We're right next to the pool. My MIL is wearing a white top and black shorts and in right next to the waiter holding the 2 drinks.

That's so cool Deb!! :D I'd love to see myself in someone else's cruise pics. I went back and looked, which one exactly are you? Where are you standing/walking? I could see someone in a black shirt and denim skirt but I don't see your daughter so maybe I'm looking at the wrong person. I did see your MIL and the waiter with the drinks though.

Where do you purchase it? When you sign on your laptop? At the pursar's desk? At the internet lounge? Inquiering minds want to know......;)

You sign up at the Internet Cafe` on Deck 4. . . Then you can just log in from anywhere (on the ship) with your laptop.

Radio

Archived