Come on RCCL time to shake up the program

dibati2

I've been cruising on and off for about 6yrs. Always RCCL, good experiences and of course the loyalty program helps.

Even though I always enjoy my vacation I must confess to now being a bit bored with Love & Marriage, Quest, and the Belly Flop Contest. Every RCCL cruise I go one has the same program and after you've participated a few times well....it's bit of the same

Can't someone at RCCL think up a few more interesting games Maybe we should help them out.....

I've been cruising on and off for about 6yrs. Always RCCL, good experiences and of course the loyalty program helps.

Even though I always enjoy my vacation I must confess to now being a bit bored with Love & Marriage, Quest, and the Belly Flop Contest. Every RCCL cruise I go one has the same program and after you've participated a few times well....it's bit of the same

Can't someone at RCCL think up a few more interesting games Maybe we should help them out.....

Heck, all we have to do is write new questions for L & M and new quests for The Quest.

Haven't we all composed some in our heads?

Send 'em in!

:D

This is true, but for the new cruisers, these things are novel.:)

I think we saw our first Quest in about 1989 so it has been around for way too long, but as long as there are lots of new cruisers Quest will probably live on. Almost all of these routines/games are standard on all mainstream cruise lines although I've only seen Quest on Royal Caribbean. Princess has some games that I've only seen on their cruises but if they are hits they will be ripped off by every other line. We still enjoy the various Love & Marriage games, but it really depends on how it is run. We saw it once on Carnival where the men returned to the stage dressed as Chippendale dancers...I should have had my camera ready.

I do agree that some of the same programs are getting tired...but if so much of their business comes from new cruisers that maybe havent seen the shows 10 or more times then what incentive do they have to change it...now I know..."but what about us loyal cruisers who do keep coming back, dont we represent a lot of money to RC"...yes but if you are just as happy to skip Love and Marraige and do something else they can keep you happy, and those who havent seen the shows:D

...<snip>... We still enjoy the various Love & Marriage games, but it really depends on how it is run. We saw it once on Carnival where the men returned to the stage dressed as Chippendale dancers...I should have had my camera ready.

I know how you feel.

We were on the late lamented Dolphin Seabreeze in 1994 for a Christmas Cruise. The line had a shortage of $$ and lots of creativity so they did a cruise themed "12 days of Christmas" (4 toilets whooshing, etc.) Funny as hell and I didn't have my new Hi-8 camcorder with me.:( .

But, otoh, the Love and Marriage game as done on Carnival now is terrible. Nobody leaves the stage, the contestants write down the answers and then the CD reads the answers (and makes up his own if you ask me.) Dumb. And we have seen it on our 3 Carnival cruises in the last 6 years.

I don't know what it is, but I still love the Quest. I prefer it on the Radiance or smaller ships where anyone can participate, but I still go to the ones on Voyager and Freedom class. Generally, it's the guys who steal the show! They have tried majority rules and battle of the sexes. Both are fun, but they just don't pull in the people that quest does.

Love and Marriage - once was enough!

Years ago there was a passenger talent contest. Singing, piano playing etc.

M

They had a version of American Idol on my last cruise in May. I do remember the passenger talent contest. That was pretty fun. They also used to have a costume party.

Instead of having a corporate wide program i.e. every boat has the same game, why not mix it up. Different games on the various ship classes for example. At least then cruisers could have the opportunity to experience the tried (or tired) and true games on some cruises but something new on others.

There are so many game shows/reality shows these days that could provide the inspiration.

RCCL, like any business or franchise, needs to keep the customer experience best in class and that means regulary evaluating the program not just delivering the same old stuff and hope we don't notice.

I've seen my last Quest and Love & Marriage for now but Kareoke.....I never get tired of that! (spectator only...no talent here)

I think the Last Comic Standing would be great on RCI! Send that idea to the show producers!

I agree that the passenger talent show should be brought back asap! They were always tons of fun and it's amazing how truly talented some people are and how some people really aren't (but think they are). That's part of the fun.

I like the Quest, but agree that it's getting a bit old and tired too. Same with the Love & Marriage show. But we have a group of 20 on our next sailing and almost half are cruise-virgins (can you believe that in this day!?). I'm sure most of them will really appreciate all the antics of these shows and I'll enjoy seeing their reactions too!

I think it would be fun if the cruise lines did a Survivor Spoof as a show. People could be chosen at the beginning of the cruise to see if they could "survive" this or that and see who is left at the end of the week. They could make fun stuff that "contestants" could do and have crew members sign off on. How many of us could actually make a towel critter? That kind of thing...they could follow contestants around with camera(s), God knows they have plenty of those, and show clips of them trying to survive some of the challenges. Show the clips at the end of the week show and see who the audience chooses to be the ultimate RCI survivor...what do ya'all think of that?

Archived