Back to Carnival

auburn77

Coming back(thankfully)to Carnival after two on RCI. Just wondering if there have been any significant changes in two years.

Still have the great pizza(especially goat cheese)? Wonderful choc. desserts(lousy on RCI)? Lobster(RCI stopped serving)?

Coming back(thankfully)to Carnival after two on RCI. Just wondering if there have been any significant changes in two years.

Still have the great pizza(especially goat cheese)? Wonderful choc. desserts(lousy on RCI)? Lobster(RCI stopped serving)?

Yes

Yes

and

Yes

Have fun!

We have taken only one cruise on RCI and we were not overly impressed. Don't get me wrong it was nice and we did enjoy our cruise, but did not see it as being worth the $300-$400 more we paid for it.

We are back to Carnival and also very glad about it...

We have sailed RCL 10 times so far and loved the new Voyager Class Ships. However, didnot enjoy the food. Carnival has them beat in this Dept. Will be sailing the "Miracle" next Tuesday and can't wait for the Chocolate Melting Cake Dessert.This will be our 10th on Carnival and We also become "VIP" Members. IKE

We have taken only one cruise on RCI and we were not overly impressed. Don't get me wrong it was nice and we did enjoy our cruise, but did not see it as being worth the $300-$400 more we paid for it.

You know, we have always wanted to try RCI, but, we hear a lot of people say exactly what you say. You didn't have to be negative about RCI either. When I go on their board, people call me a Carnival cheerleader and that I cruise the WalMart of cruise lines, which I can't understand. I am just trying to get the best value for my hard earned money. We sailed NCL once and the ship was beautiful and the food was great, however, the service and hospitality overall was much lower than what we get on Carnival and NCL cost a heck of a lot more than Carnival.

Thanks for your input.

We've done two on RCL... We prefer Carnival, but will not be a 'Cheerleader' for either...:p

I figure its up to the person sailing the ship/line to make that decision...

AFTER, they have done so, most stick with Carnival, 'The Fun Ships'! :D We did...!:)

When did this happen?? I thought it was only on the short cruises RCL didnt serve lobster? I was on Voyager this spring and loved the ship AND the lobster.

Pizza is still great on Carnival, especially the pepperoni.

When did this happen?? I thought it was only on the short cruises RCL didnt serve lobster? I was on Voyager this spring and loved the ship AND the lobster.

Pizza is still great on Carnival, especially the pepperoni.

Very well could be only on the shorter cruises. Our last was a five day. I read on the RCI boards before sailing that they had substituted some kind of seafood plate for the lobster that included a cheap lobster substitute, but I never saw it.

But, apparently Carnival still does serve lobster on short ones.

I don't know if I got a bad sampling of pizza while on board the Imagination or not, but I didn't care for the slice I had so I never went back. There was no seasoning/flavor ... very bland. I thought it was strange because I've read there are so many people who really enjoy it. Did I have an unusual experience or are there others who aren't impressed with the pizza?

The whole family is going next spring on the Freedom and I know the kids have been looking forward to the 24-hour pizza.

i see you are on Feb 7th /09 on Glory, come and join us...on Roll call..u can tell us everything you know about the Glory...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=725733&page=22

You know, we have always wanted to try RCI, but, we hear a lot of people say exactly what you say. You didn't have to be negative about RCI either. When I go on their board, people call me a Carnival cheerleader and that I cruise the WalMart of cruise lines, which I can't understand. I am just trying to get the best value for my hard earned money. We sailed NCL once and the ship was beautiful and the food was great, however, the service and hospitality overall was much lower than what we get on Carnival and NCL cost a heck of a lot more than Carnival.

Thanks for your input.

The superiority complex of some of those people who sail Royal is astounding...but I won't go into that.

I have sailed both Royal and NCL as well as CCL and I agree with your statements.

It all depends on what you're looking for. If a gorgeous ship is VITAL to having a great cruise vacation then by all means Royal wins. That is, if you don't mind crappy food.....

If dining whenever you want, on better food than Royal is important, than NCL is perfect...as long as perfect service is NOT what you're looking for.

If a reasonable priced cruise with amazing crew and the best food is what you're looking for, then CCl wins....as long as the decor doesn't kill you. :D

I love any ship on any line but my heart will always belong to Carnival, despite Farcus.

(unless, of course, I become rich and can afford the Yachts of Seabourn, in which case my heart will move on) ;)

I have no interest in even trying NCL. It's the only line that doesn't appeal to me.

I also do NOT like the pizza on Carnival. And I'll eat just about any pizza, anywhere.

And ship is 3rd on my list of importance, behind itinerary and cost. Would love to sail one of RCI's newer ships even though rock climbing and ice skating hold zero interest for me.

But until Ship overtakes Cost on my criteria, I'm sticking with Carnival.

I did absolutely LOVE my one RCI cruise on the old Nordic Empress. Loved that ship and had a great time.

This is my entire point of view.:)

The superiority complex of some of those people who sail Royal is astounding...but I won't go into that.

I was going to say that too, however, some people really get upset and flame you for telling how you perceive certain comments and I don't want to get flammed.

I have sailed both Royal and NCL as well as CCL and I agree with your statements.

Like I said, don't know about Royal but that was our feeling about NCL.

If a reasonable priced cruise with amazing crew and the best food is what you're looking for, then CCl wins....as long as the decor doesn't kill you. :D

You know, RCI people really put down the Miracle. When we were getting ready to sail her, people told me how gaudy she was and that they had nightmares; especially about the dinning room. I didn't think it was that bad, but I could care less about the decor. I am more into relaxing and getting away from our mad, mad world and Carnival does that for me at a very resonable price.:D

Archived