Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I had the same situation with my Splendor cruise last month. I took an upgrade for just $10 for the week. It was bunk beds to regular interior. Had the bigger bed all to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ironically, on my last Splendor cruise in December a 1A became available and I downgraded and saved $100. Turned out to be a terrific cabin. Yes, 1 bed but so much more floor space, a better closet layout, a chair and a table. Bunk bed is in the ceiling so you don't even see it. Fridge and safe were in an alcove next to the bathroom, so it didn't take up space either. I find the standard insides very tight. They only have a stool underneath the vanity. There's no room for a chair and I don't like that. Single bed worked out fine for me.

In case anyone wants to jump onboard- Grty. balcony cabins on the 13nt. Celebrity Equinox transatlantic cruise 4/14/14 have dropped to $699 pp. Yes there's the 200% supplement, but still a fantastic price. Plenty of choiceair flights available as well for the oneway flight back. :)

Tony

Edited by tgmtgm

In case anyone wants to jump onboard- Grty. balcony cabins on the 13nt. Celebrity Equinox transatlantic cruise 4/14/14 have dropped to $699 pp. Yes there's the 200% supplement, but still a fantastic price. Plenty of choiceair flights available as well for the oneway flight back. :)

Tony

Price drop to $649 gty veranda or $499 gty inside for booking 3/11-12. but still 200% for single supplement. you can find very reasonable one way airfare from Choice air. We already booked on Reflection T/A otherwise would jump on this.

Price drop to $649 gty veranda or $499 gty inside for booking 3/11-12. but still 200% for single supplement. you can find very reasonable one way airfare from Choice air. We already booked on Reflection T/A otherwise would jump on this.

Nice price, but I've got a 14 day cruise booked with a friend on those dates.

Carnival continues to drop single supplement on a lot of selected cruises. Go to goccl.com. Plus, for the month of March the deposit is only $50. and you final payment isn't due until 30 days before the sailing. Here's the list, so you don't have to use the search engine:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

I just booked one onboard so I'm also getting a $50. obc.

Hi, I just saw that NCL is offering insides without supplement for the upcoming Transatlantic on the Epic from Miami to Barcelona in April.

At least for the European branch (349EUR inside, 459EUR balcony!!), can't get to the US prices, but you should check if you're interested :)

Edited by kalesco

It shows up on US site as $661.88 for an inside guarantee and $681.88 for a cabin assigned inside....includes taxes and fees

Studio from $749....Balconies from from $898....this does not include taxes and fees

Edited by ioneblair

I have a trip to Orlando planned with flights and car rental until 5/10/14 at 10 am. I checked on the single prices for Carnival Sunshine at Port Canaveral on 5/10/14 or Carnival Legend out of Tampa on 5/11/14.

I could change my return flight and take one of these cruises --- best and cheapest way to get to either of these ports from airport.

Greatly appreciate your help.

I have a trip to Orlando planned with flights and car rental until 5/10/14 at 10 am. I checked on the single prices for Carnival Sunshine at Port Canaveral on 5/10/14 or Carnival Legend out of Tampa on 5/11/14.

I could change my return flight and take one of these cruises --- best and cheapest way to get to either of these ports from airport.

Carnival refers to "Port Canaveral (Orlando)" as the embarkation port, so I imagine the cruise line offers transfers, if you want to consider that option. I also guess that Carnival does not offer transfers between the Orlando airport (MCO) and the port in Tampa.

Edited by jlajr

It might be worth checking out rental car prices. There is generally no "drop-off fee" for one-way rentals in Florida, and you are traveling somewhat off-season which means rental prices could be cheaper. Look and see which rental car companies have locations at/near the ports with free shuttles to/from the port.

I used that option to go to Ft. Lauderdale port last year, so I know you can do it there. I don't know about Tampa or Orlando ports, though. You might check the Florida port-of-call forum here for more info as well.

Carnival refers to "Port Canaveral (Orlando)" as the embarkation port, so I imagine the cruise line offers transfers, if you want to consider that option. I also guess that Carnival does not offer transfers between the Orlando airport (MCO) and the port in Tampa.

Carnival offers transfer service from Orlando to Port Canaveral (I've taken it) If they don't between Orlando and the Tampa port it's likely available from a private company. I heard that people living all over Florida get shuttle service to the ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There's no shuttle between MCO and Tampa port

I use a limousine service last year to go there if was about 150$ each way so not economical I suggest to flight directly to Tampa or choose a others departure port.

My mistake last year was I book a last minute cruise with out checking transportation what end up costing me 300$ more so my deal I got the legend was actually more expensive then taking same cabin on the breeze in Miami ...

I use Cortrans for trips between MCO and Pt. Canaveral. It's $20. each way and the trip is about an hour or even less. The company and family owned and run and they go out of their way to make sure the trip is comfortable and pleasant. I've used them twice and was very please each time. Jaime, the owner is a gentleman. I'm sure you'd have a better and cheaper experience traveling with Cortrans:

http://www.cortransbus.com/

Hi, does anyone know if you can book NCL Epic through the EU site if you're a US citizen? They are showing fares w/o single supplement and USA site isn't. :rolleyes:

There is a 1st time for everything - try it and see. What have you got to lose?

Annie

BTW I have booked EU cruises with US TAs without any issue - good luck

Hi, does anyone know if you can book NCL Epic through the EU site if you're a US citizen? They are showing fares w/o single supplement and USA site isn't. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if you can or not but if you manage to do it successfully would you please let me know? I'm booked on the Transatlantic April 27th out of Miami on Epic but I did pay the supplement for my room (still cheaper than the studio cabins). If you can get it without I will call them up and see what I can do for myself. Thanks!

I would try it but I'm afraid that there would be a problem last minute. I'll let you know. I'm still hoping that the cabins will be reduced further on the Apr 27 TA. This is a really crazy trip I'm thinking of doing myself. I'm very comfortable by myself and love to meet new people, but I'm thinking of spending 2 weeks after the cruise in Spain, Venice and France and I don't speak a word of anything but English. I've found some nice studios on Airbnb for my destinations. Anyone have any advise on this?:rolleyes:

They might have a different cancelation and change policy. I know RCCL does. I would check that out before you book.

I have gone on this one the end of October of last year and it was great. Love all the ports. It's a shame though that they took out Dominica.

I am looking at booking a Christmas cruise. I will be on the Royal Princess in May an would like to wait and book on board but if getting low on cabins then I might have to bite the bullet and book before I go.

Is there a way to see how many cabins are available on a cruise?

Thanks