Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi Anne

I am doing well and am off out of this frigid cold soon on the Explorer.

I agree that it took vigilance and perseverance on this cruise to get the price reductions. I rolled the dice on a guarantee and was super happy with the result, but I did that with the mindset that I would be happy in any inside cabin.

Where are you sailing next?

I am on the celebrity reflection TA miami to Rome April 26.

Have a good cruise. its 70 here. Lol

Anne

Hi,

Booked Azamara Quest around the Med, btw inside Gty 22nd April 16 nights for the equivilent of $120 per night .

£1,200 -$1,800 (via UK Azamara)

Not sure whether US is offering the deal,but am believe any one can book via UK.

Almost "all inclusive":cool:

Has Royal ever allowed a solo with a specialty restaurant BOGO coupon from their D+/P coupon book 50% off instead if eating alone?
I was allowed to go twice with the coupon (even though it's supposed to be for the first night only). Now that it is a couponless system, I don't know if it would still apply. I think you need to discuss it with the Concierge or the maître d' of the specialty restaurant once you're on board. Policy may vary from ship to ship. Edited by cruise pup

Has Royal ever allowed a solo with a specialty restaurant BOGO coupon from their D+/P coupon book 50% off instead if eating alone?

They may let you use the 2nd one free another night during the cruise especially on a port day.

Sent from my iPad

There is a price drop on this 12 day cruise (11/3 Legend of the seas) Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale with several stops in Canada, New England an Bermuda. It was showing 200% for the cheapest interior but price is coming down. Just checked and it is at about 180%. If you're interested, you could keep watching to see if it drops more. I booked in June before the double points from Royal Caribbean went into effect with their 200% fares for solos. I booked at 140% so it's still too high for me to take advantage.

There is a price drop on this 12 day cruise (11/3 Legend of the seas) Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale with several stops in Canada, New England an Bermuda. It was showing 200% for the cheapest interior but price is coming down. Just checked and it is at about 180%. If you're interested, you could keep watching to see if it drops more. I booked in June before the double points from Royal Caribbean went into effect with their 200% fares for solos. I booked at 140% so it's still too high for me to take advantage.

I've just looked at this cruise, but it says no flights available. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye on it.

Any solo's o the RCI Explorer, 11/01/14 or MSC Divina 05/19/14 (formally 05/24/14).

Looking for someone to hang out with on both cruises. I am already on the roll call for both, but many people are cancelling the Divina because they added more ports in the Caribbean and took away 2 ports in Brazil. I am not too happy with them excluding 2 ports in Brazil, but can't resist trying a new Italian ship. Many people are very unhappy with the change because their cruise was linked with the America's Cup and they pre-booked rooms and now have to take a loss.

Found a good deal on Carnival Sunshine, 2/23/14, 7 nights, New Orleans port - $528 -inside solo cabin and oceanview and cloud 9 inside spa pkg is $628.

This is during Mardi Gras so hotels are expensive. So if you can drive there or fly in the day of the cruise this is a great deal.

Carnival has discounted deposits and automatic upgrades for people who've never sailed with them so I checked online and spoke with the sales guy and booked it.

ORIGINALLY, the interior room on Carnival Victory for a 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on deck 9(i think?) would've been a $400 deposit and a TOTAL cost of $750(paying extra each day to be on a higher deck).

AFTER THE DISCOUNT, an interior room on the Victory, deck 8, in the Forward of the boat had a deposit of $100 and a TOTAL cost of $673. It isn't too, too outrageous of a deal, but I still feel happy about the discounted deposit and not having to pay a daily supplement to be on a high deck! Happy Birthday to ME! lol

**sort of a sidenote: I once saw a Solo cruiser on here say that he always tries to sail for an overall cost of around $100/day and anything more than that is ridiculous. I'm paying like $134/day for this... should I feel like I've been sold a lemon, or feel frugal? (For people who hate sidenotes in threads, I will also post this as a new thread in the appropriate place.) ;)

Happy Planning & Smooth Sailing!

Edited by Travelin_Teacher0710

Carnival has discounted deposits and automatic upgrades for people who've never sailed with them so I checked online and spoke with the sales guy and booked it.

ORIGINALLY, the interior room on Carnival Victory for a 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on deck 9(i think?) would've been a $400 deposit and a TOTAL cost of $750(paying extra each day to be on a higher deck).

AFTER THE DISCOUNT, an interior room on the Victory, deck 8, in the Forward of the boat had a deposit of $100 and a TOTAL cost of $673. It isn't too, too outrageous of a deal, but I still feel happy about the discounted deposit and not having to pay a daily supplement to be on a high deck! Happy Birthday to ME! lol

**sort of a sidenote: I once saw a Solo cruiser on here say that he always tries to sail for an overall cost of around $100/day and anything more than that is ridiculous. I'm paying like $134/day for this... should I feel like I've been sold a lemon, or feel frugal? (For people who hate sidenotes in threads, I will also post this as a new thread in the appropriate place.) ;)

Happy Planning & Smooth Sailing!

I would say that any cruise is worth what you as an individual are willing to pay for it. For instance, what is included in the cost per day? I live reasonably close to Southampton, so only have to pay a short train fare/taxi. If I cruise out of a European port, then there is the cost of the flights included. I look at the cost of the cruise, how much difference there is between 2 in a cabin and solo occupancy, and make my decision that way.

not sure if anyone's mentioned these, but carnival has some great deals for solos. mostly 3 and 4 day round trips from long beach ca with stops in ensanada mx and catalina island. works out to 'bout $62 with taxes/tips, etc. for midship inside cabin, and bout $67/day for midship ocean view (both on lower decks).

i've done a couple of these in the past for a quick get-away, since i'm stationed in long beach ca. in case some of y'all are unaware of it: carnival's a different vibe than prince or celebrity (less sedate)--but it's still a good time. weekend and school vacation cruises are more rowdy, and weekdays are quieter, from what i understand.

i've only been on inspiration (twice for week day cruises)--but can/will vouch for crew being very good. chow is good and there's decent variety--same with entertainment and onboard 'stuff' to do (games, places to hang, things to do, etc).

Edited by SemperPup

Found a good deal on Carnival Sunshine, 2/23/14, 7 nights, New Orleans port - $528 -inside solo cabin and oceanview and cloud 9 inside spa pkg is $628.

This is during Mardi Gras so hotels are expensive. So if you can drive there or fly in the day of the cruise this is a great deal.

Well I did it! 33 days and counting.

Got a lido balcony literally seconds away from the lido pool (room 9289). Total taxes included for the balcony were $726. It's for the March 9th sailing. Never thought I'd see prices like that for a lido balcony room. :D

Edited by RCH1234

Got a lido balcony literally seconds away from the lido pool (room 9289). Total taxes included for the balcony were $726. It's for the March 9th sailing. Never thought I'd see prices like that for a lido balcony room. :D

What ship and destination?

Carnival dropped lots of single supplements recently for close-in sailings. Examples:

Liberty, Miami, 7day Western Carib:      
Feb 8, 2014     Sat - Sat     
$369.00 Interior     
$459.00 Ocean View     
$689.00 Balcony        

Feb 22, 2014     Sat - Sat     
$329.00 Interior     
$669.00 Balcony    

Conquest, Miami, 7day WC:      
Feb 23, 2014     Sun - Sun     
$359.00 Interior     
$429.00 Ocean View

Almost all ships/itineraries I checked have prices like these in Feb out of Miami, PC & New Orleans.

Edited by RandoCalrissian
formatting

Just booked 5 days on the Triumph for $329 (4/26). Got the 1A "inside" room that is actually OV with two windows (room 2445).

Just learned about this room a couple of days ago so thank you to the solo cruisers before me!

I've just looked at this cruise, but it says no flights available. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye on it.

Another price drop on solo fare for this repo cruise. Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale on 11/3/14. I booked an inside cabin at 140% on June 2013 and lately the solo fare was showing 200%. Just dropped to about 112%. Called RCI and saved about $200.

$895 - Fare for 12 days

$123.39- Tax & fees

$1018.39 - Total