Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

I just booked a 5 day cruise with Princess for their 100% Future Cruise Credit sale. My price for a solo balcony cabin ($499 DO) was $749 + $80 tax. Once the cruise is over, I will also get a credit for any 7 day or more cruise in 2014 for the full $749. Spoke to the Princess rep today and she verified the information. Because I had a previous FCC, I will also receive $25 OBC for that + $25 in addition to the sale. I don't usually take short cruises, but this one seems worth it :)

Hello.

I've been looking at NCL's European sailings for the next month or so, and the prices are quite appealing.

For example, November 22 9-day cruise r/t Barcelona to Canary Islands on the Norwegian Spirit: $530.68 for an inside guarantee, including taxes and fees:

Hello again. I got the OK from my manager to take the week off, so I booked this cruise, and got back a couple of days ago. Great cruise, great ship, great weather, and great price!

Prices still really good for non-holiday December and January NCL European sailings.

Sent from my Asus Fonepad using the Cruise Critic app.

Edited by jlajr

I just booked a 5 day cruise with Princess for their 100% Future Cruise Credit sale. My price for a solo balcony cabin ($499 DO) was $749 + $80 tax. Once the cruise is over, I will also get a credit for any 7 day or more cruise in 2014 for the full $749. Spoke to the Princess rep today and she verified the information. Because I had a previous FCC, I will also receive $25 OBC for that + $25 in addition to the sale. I don't usually take short cruises, but this one seems worth it :)

Confused - when I called Princess I was told (and in the terms & conditions) that the future cruise credit sales does not apply to solos.

These are the entire terms and conditions on my current Princess Future Cruise Certificate that I purchased in February, bolding mine:

**This certificate has been issued from the Future Cruise Sales Department for a Future Cruise Deposit in the amount specified

above. This offer is available to new future bookings only and is non-transferable. Future Cruise Deposit currency is non-changeable.

The Future Cruise Deposit is valid for two years. The deposit should be applied to a booking that sails within two years from date of

purchase, if it is not used the deposit will be refunded. This may be combined with most promotions, Early Booking Discounts,

Princess Captain's Circle® rates or regional rates. Your Future Cruise Deposit is fully refundable if cancelled prior to final payment

date, outside of penalty periods, excluding special sales. Exclusive occupancy cabins receive half the per stateroom shipboard

credit. Shipboard credit applies to the holder of the Future Cruise Deposit only, and is not applicable to upper berth passengers. Shipboard credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. Any unused portion of shipboard credit

is not redeemable for cash. For full World Cruise or any World Cruise Segments the deposit is reduced to 5% of the cruise fare and a

fare discount of 3% is provided. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-

PRINCESS. At the time of booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.

Granted, I don't like getting only half the shipboard credit, but there is nothing that says a solo cannot use the certificate, and I fully intend to use it for my next solo cruise. It's a prepaid deposit for a future cruise, money on their books, I don't see how it would make a difference whether the room is single or double occ.

If this is a new rule, perhaps someone with a newer certificate will check to see if the verbiage is different from what I quoted above.

Confused - when I called Princess I was told (and in the terms & conditions) that the future cruise credit sales does not apply to solos.

The terms and conditions only say "Fares do not apply to singles..." However, I did call Princess just now for a clarification since I specifically asked whether I would receive the FCC when I made payment. Again, I was told I DO qualify for the FCC of $749 and it will show on my account when I finish the cruise. Today when I checked the Jan 27 cruise, the single supplement is double (but the earlier Jan cruise is still at 150%)

Edited by NRWPA

$598 for solo inside cabin on NCL Jade Jan 8. 10 days:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (EMBARK) --- 5:00 pm

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Olympia (Katakolon), Greece 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Sat Athens (Piraeus), Greece 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Mon Istanbul, Turkey 1:00 pm Overnight

Tue Istanbul, Turkey --- 8:00 pm

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Naples, Italy 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (DISEMBARK)

$598 for solo inside cabin on NCL Jade Jan 8. 10 days:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (EMBARK) --- 5:00 pm

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Olympia (Katakolon), Greece 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Sat Athens (Piraeus), Greece 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Sun Ephesus (Izmir), Turkey 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Mon Istanbul, Turkey 1:00 pm Overnight

Tue Istanbul, Turkey --- 8:00 pm

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu At Sea --- ---

Fri Naples, Italy 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Sat Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (DISEMBARK)

I was on this cruise in January 2013. The itinerary is good. We had variable weather: pouring rain at Olympia, but warm in Athens, Ephesus and Naples. It was bitterly cold in Istanbul. It's good time of year for this itinerary, as there weren't too many other tourists about. It was lovely to wander around Pompeii without too many other people.

I found the Carnival Dream single rate for the Jan. 25, 2014 sailing at $429.+ taxes coming to $511. But perhaps this poster is using a t/a. It's a good deal. I'm going to be in the area so I'm looking into booking it. Will decide tomorrow. Just hope it doesn't sell out or get a price increase.

I found the Carnival Dream single rate for the Jan. 25, 2014 sailing at $429.+ taxes coming to $511. But perhaps this poster is using a t/a. It's a good deal. I'm going to be in the area so I'm looking into booking it. Will decide tomorrow. Just hope it doesn't sell out or get a price increase.

I'm booked. So now I do b2b Enchantment of the Seas and Carnival Dream. Didn't seem like a 4-night cruise was enough anyway!

I'm finding the cruise lines very inconsistent when it comes to lowering the single supplements. For example, at one time the best I could do with Carnival is book a cat 1A at 150%. Any other category was at 200%. Now they are waiving the supplement altogether on selected cruises. For a while Royal Carribean was offering the best single supplements. Now they seem to be drying up (or their double rates are higher so even a lower supplement makes the total price too high for me). Celebrity, being part of RCI, will throw the occasional bone (got a great deal to Bermuda on the Summit last May) but I'm also finding their current rates too high. When I first started cruising NCL was very singles friendly but now it's difficult to find a good deal. Usually it happens closer to sailing. I don't like the studio cabins either and I don't find them that economical, especially when I can get a full-sized cabin on other lines for less money. Princess, a line I love, is also tough when it comes to finding a decent single supplement rate. At least they are crediting singles for 2 cruises since we are paying double!

NCL getaway TA 16 Jan, no single sup on UK bookings inc suites(but they are stupid expensive for this trip for some reason)

Ex Southampton.

leadin prices £350(inc tax) for an OV

UK agents are offering a package with flights(back to the UK) from £550 )

cheapest flight I found was Virgin at $370 so around £230

I'm going to have problems getting any deals at the moment. I am having disputes in the office about when I can take leave.

I may well take both of my pensions next year and find some part-time or contract work. I may then be able to take cruises when I want them!

I received an email from MSC offering "Employee Pricing" on Caribbean cruises in April and May. I took the bait and booked their 5/3/14 sailing on MSC Divina. Inside single with taxes and port charges came to $773.44. I then did a dummy booking for a double and it turns out the single rate is at 150% so not only are they discounting but they are giving singles a break. I compared the single rate for the Carnival Freedom leaving the same date and the inside single is over $200. more. They gave me until the 20th to deposit (only $100.) and that is refundable until February 17 which gives me time to agonize if I really want to do MSC when I have such good past passenger status on most of the major lines and get free drinks, laundry, priority boarding, etc. Reviews of Divina's first sailings out of Miami in November have been mostly horrible on this website but some found it to their liking, especially when sailing after Thanksgiving. I want to see if MSC pays attention to the complaints and steps up to the plate. One point everyone seems to agree is that it's a beautiful ship. So I'm hoping they get their act together. I'm glad that the deposit is low, and I have time to cancel with a full refund. I'll just sit back and watch how things go and also if prices get lower on the other lines.

I'm going to have problems getting any deals at the moment. I am having disputes in the office about when I can take leave.

I may well take both of my pensions next year and find some part-time or contract work. I may then be able to take cruises when I want them!

Since I've gotten older, I have been seriously thinking the same thing. This job is interferring with my life but I'm trying to work another 3 or 4. Age does have a few perks. If you can retire and be comfortable, that's one.

I did just that! I left my job six years early, (took a big hit on the pension), but I have back what matter the must, MY LIFE. I never looked back with regret. I do on-call work around my schedule, not the employer.

Life is short, don't regret the time you loss.

I'm sadly far away from pension/retirement.

But, I do get four day weekends pretty often and just booked a good deal for an upcoming one.

RCCL Majest of the Seas 3-day departing Miami on 1/17/2014 solo in an outer cabin for $270 plus taxes and fees. There also appears to be a C&A Savings Certificate that might be combinable with the fare. I booked through a TA and didn't see the cert until after, so I think I'm SOL.