Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Carnival has lifted the single supplement on many cruises. Just checked a 7 day out of San Juan on the valor 1/5/13 for $597 inside cabin, including tax and gratuities.

I never thought I would sail Carnival again but I just got a 7 day Bahamas for $718 + tax. And I don't have to fly to the port which is nice. My very first cruise was with Carnival but I do enjoy the experience on RCCL. Oh well, as a solo traveler, I have to go where the deals are :D

I never thought I would sail Carnival again but I just got a 7 day Bahamas for $718 + tax. And I don't have to fly to the port which is nice. My very first cruise was with Carnival but I do enjoy the experience on RCCL. Oh well, as a solo traveler, I have to go where the deals are :D

My 8-night Bahamas cruise is $583.+ tax and no flying either. So they are giving us soloists some good deals.

Edited by cruise pup

My 8-night Bahamas cruise is $583.+ tax and no flying either. So they are giving us soloists some good deals.

Great deal! The same cruise that I'll be on in January is only $419 + tax if I sail in December. I wish I had a more flexible schedule but it is what it is. I'm still thrilled about the price I got.

I wish I could get a deal on a Bermuda cruise as a solo so that will have to wait until I feel like paying that higher price. Oh well, I enjoy the Bahamas so it'll be my 3rd cruise there!

I have just booked MSC Armonia May 18th from Ancona Italy for $862 solo including taxes, Ocean View same price as Inside.

9 Days. Ancona, Santorini, Izmir, Istanbul, Cefalonia, Split, Venice and back to Ancona. Great itinerary. I will already be in Europe following the TA on the Independence. Beats the Bahamas any day.

Booked through an online travel agent. The MSC website is much higher.

Edited by maryann2

I have just booked MSC Armonia May 18th from Ancona Italy for $862 solo including taxes, Ocean View same price as Inside.

9 Days. Ancona, Santorini, Izmir, Istanbul, Cefalonia, Split, Venice and back to Ancona. Great itinerary. I will already be in Europe following the TA on the Independence. Beats the Bahamas any day.

Booked through an online travel agent. The MSC website is much higher.

enjoy.

I have not had the occasion to cruise much in recent years and forgot all about checking this board before I booked my upcoming cruise. So this is a post-booking comment. After booking I see in this thread that Carnival is offering some attractive rates.

I'm single and I smoke -- so a balcony is all that will do for me. I booked 7 nights from Baltimore to Bahamas December 8 for $539 + taxes. I have NO desire to go to the Bahamas -- but the date and the price worked for me. (Balcony cabins still available at this price.)

I kept my eye on a dream cruise, again solo/balcony, from Athens to Rome. (60,000 frequent flier miles from Las Vegas - Athens/Rome - Las Vegas vs. 50,000 Las Vegas - Baltimore caused me to hesitate.) But, alas, it was just too much to plan relatively last-minute.

I have not had the occasion to cruise much in recent years and forgot all about checking this board before I booked my upcoming cruise. So this is a post-booking comment. After booking I see in this thread that Carnival is offering some attractive rates.

I'm single and I smoke -- so a balcony is all that will do for me. I booked 7 nights from Baltimore to Bahamas December 8 for $539 + taxes. I have NO desire to go to the Bahamas -- but the date and the price worked for me. (Balcony cabins still available at this price.)

I kept my eye on a dream cruise, again solo/balcony, from Athens to Rome. (60,000 frequent flier miles from Las Vegas - Athens/Rome - Las Vegas vs. 50,000 Las Vegas - Baltimore caused me to hesitate.) But, alas, it was just too much to plan relatively last-minute.

Have fun and enjoy the cruise.:):)

Carnival is still having a Texas Residents Sale

February 10, 2014 5-day Triumph to Progreso and Cozumel out of Galveston - solo, balcony for $449 +tx. Out the door for under $500. So great, I booked it!

There is also:

- Dec. 7 5-day Triumph balcony $429

- Dec. 16 5-day Triumph balcony $429

February 10, 2014 5-day Triumph to Progreso and Cozumel out of Galveston - solo, balcony for $449 +tx. Out the door for under $500. So great, I booked it!

There is also:

great prices.

There is also:

I wonder if I can call in sick for a week. LOL! :D

Speaking of sick days my coworker called in sick yesterday and today. I said her and her husband are in Key West. She mentioned a few weeks ago that's where they are going for Thanksgiving holiday. I said she's in Key West she won't be here tomorrow either. LOL! I can't wait to see if she shows up for work tomorrow. LOL!!!

Edited by cynt

just got an email.Am looking for river cruises with no supplements and hard to find.So thought I d give this update.:)

I'm guessing that's because they are also offering 50% off on double occupancy. They are still very pricey but if you manage to find a bargain, please share. Thanks!

Edited by cruise pup

I wonder if I can call in sick for a week. LOL! :D

Speaking of sick days my coworker called in sick yesterday and today. I said her and her husband are in Key West. She mentioned a few weeks ago that's where they are going for Thanksgiving holiday. I said she's in Key West she won't be here tomorrow either. LOL! I can't wait to see if she shows up for work tomorrow. LOL!!!

Coworker showed up for work today.

A thread for single supplement/solo bargains is very helpful for solo cruisers. :)

There used to be one, but it disappeared :confused: ...maybe it got too big.

So let's start another one and see what happens. :rolleyes:

:D Post all those great deals everyone! :D

But remember, you can't mention specific travel agencies, just general info like:

"Cruise line .... currently has good prices for solo occupancy on .... sailing".

Yes...I saw so many great replies! :)

Sry....this is my first time looking into the Solo cruises...how can I check the pricings for the Solo?

Regards,

Susanna

Ah Sue- All you do is go to a cruise line (or your favorite cruise/travel agency) website and find a cruise you're interested in. It's the same as looking up pricing (aka doing a mock reservation) for two people, only you input one person under number of passengers. Hope that helps.

I am very interested in a river cruise so please post if you ever find one! ;)

and checked it out.Seems NOT TALL cruises are affected,mostly March and Nov..but the DO have single cabins on many of their ships for reduced price.

Have been on 10 river cruises and love them,alternate with ocean ones.But looking for solo prices for sister in law.

While on them in past,have seen many solos and they said they loved it and fit right in.:)