Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi,Just wanted to mention I recently booked a back to back cruise on Carnival Freedom for May 3rd nights,May10th 8 nightsfor this year. Inside cabin for both,less than $1200.00 total for both cruises,not including tips tho. Carnival is having some of their sailing this spring with zero single supplements! Kendra

Hi: I've never sailed NCL so don't know whether to book this. My hesitation is that I am not big eater due to medical issues; so I no longer eat in MDR, way too much food and I don't want to sit around waiting for others eat and drink. So I are very happy with the Lido buffet. After several tries at speciality restaurants with my dietary limitations after 13 cruises in last 4 years it doesn't work. The Lido buffet works for me. I am very physically active mid-sixties. I go for R&R so usually relax about the ship with my hobbies, go to spa and gym. So with this in mind would you recommend NCL? Thank you.

Hi: I've never sailed NCL so don't know whether to book this. My hesitation is that I am not big eater due to medical issues; so I no longer eat in MDR, way too much food and I don't want to sit around waiting for others eat and drink. So I are very happy with the Lido buffet. After several tries at speciality restaurants with my dietary limitations after 13 cruises in last 4 years it doesn't work. The Lido buffet works for me. I am very physically active mid-sixties. I go for R&R so usually relax about the ship with my hobbies, go to spa and gym. So with this in mind would you recommend NCL? Thank you.

NCL's fleet varies so widely it's difficult to recommend without knowing which ship you have in mind. I'm guessing if you will use the buffet and don't like to wait for others that you have no problem dining solo. I mention this because I sail solo and usually request my own table and NCL is very accommodating. If you I find a good waiter I usually can request to be at his/her station. They get to know my habits and likes/dislikes. So it wouldn't be a problem to dine in the mdr as an alternative to the buffet. I happen to like the NCL buffets. The breakfast spread reminds me of a Vegas hotel buffet. It's that extensive. What I like most about NCL is that the hotel manager is accessible will help you out with any requests. They even hand out their card with their extension number on it. At least that's the way Sean on the Norwegian Star operates.

Another MSC Divina deal. Both the March 8th & 22nd (2014) sailings have solo balcony cabins for $298.50 plus fees of $137.05. $435.55 total. This is a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

Can you tell me how/where you booked at these prices? Thanks in advance. Doug

Just booked an l shaped balcony for me and interior for my 30's daughter which was cheaper than both of us in a balcony and we each get our own room- yippee! carnival triumph. Did that cruise last year solo in an interior so I know what to expect and already know where I want to go. Just a quick get away. Under $1000 for both rooms inclusive. Last year it was 500 for the interior for me and I know we could probably do it cheaper sharing an interior, but we get our own rooms. Did I repeat that? We get our own rooms!!!

I have never done MSC. What is it like? I'm not looking to book really but wanted to chime in.

Did a 10-day on Lyrica about 5 years ago. I liked it.

Clean, elegant ship. Cosmopolitan mix of passengers, so announcements (few) in 5 languages. Entertainment skews towards classical. No hard-sell tactics, drink-pushing, bingo-pushing. Food in MDR adequate but lacking "presentation".

The obvious spot where they cut costs was entertainment. Canned music instead of live band, and shows were usually 45 min vs an hour. Quality good, though.

Disembark a little frazzled. Otherwise they handled things.

Did a 10-day on Lyrica about 5 years ago. I liked it.

Clean, elegant ship. Cosmopolitan mix of passengers, so announcements (few) in 5 languages. Entertainment skews towards classical. No hard-sell tactics, drink-pushing, bingo-pushing. Food in MDR adequate but lacking "presentation".

The obvious spot where they cut costs was entertainment. Canned music instead of live band, and shows were usually 45 min vs an hour. Quality good, though.

Disembark a little frazzled. Otherwise they handled things.

The reviews I've read of the Divina have raved about the food and the entertainment so a lot may have improved in 5 years. I think MSC is working hard on making Divina a success for its Caribbean season.

Another MSC Divina deal. Both the March 8th & 22nd (2014) sailings have solo balcony cabins for $298.50 plus fees of $137.05. $435.55 total. This is a 7 night Caribbean cruise.

Gave in and booked an aft balcony on deck 12 for March 22. Call me crazy. Getting reasonable airfare was a bear, but I found the cruise fare too irresistible.

Edited by logan25

Wow! Is the sale over?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Sale was just for this past weekend.

Actually I was just on the website and there are still a couple cabin categorizes still available. The cabins for $199 was sold out in 2 days but you might check what's still available

NCL's fleet varies so widely it's difficult to recommend without knowing which ship you have in mind. I'm guessing if you will use the buffet and don't like to wait for others that you have no problem dining solo. I mention this because I sail solo and usually request my own table and NCL is very accommodating. If you I find a good waiter I usually can request to be at his/her station. They get to know my habits and likes/dislikes. So it wouldn't be a problem to dine in the mdr as an alternative to the buffet. I happen to like the NCL buffets. The breakfast spread reminds me of a Vegas hotel buffet. It's that extensive. What I like most about NCL is that the hotel manager is accessible will help you out with any requests. They even hand out their card with their extension number on it. At least that's the way Sean on the Norwegian Star operates.

:)

Thank you, I have taken 7 by myself and 6 with DH. On my own I have used the MDR on Carnival, Princess and RC but have been seated at larger tables of 8 or 10. However the last time on Princess and last three on RC I forgoed the MDR and ate at the buffet and was quite happy with that getting to know the waiter(s) there. But I have never thought of the possiblity of requesting my own table, so I will try that next time. I appreciate your suggestions and experience.

People mentioned on my upcoming Carnival Splendor roll call thread that the rates went down. So since I'm past final payment and didn't have an Early Saver rate entitling me to a refund/credit (don't know the details) the best I could do was upgrade to a balcony at the new rate which was $80. more (total) than my ocean view. This made me very happy. MSC gave me a free upgrade, by the way, when my inside cabin went down in price. I'm only getting an ocean view but it's better than feeling totally screwed by the cruise lines. At least I didn't have to pay in for the MSC upgrade (although $80. or $10./day for a balcony is well worth it, especially for a single).