Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Thank you all for your wonderful advice. It seems the cruise out of Orlando would be the best choice transportation wise. Now just got to see if they still have good deal for solo passenger.

Again, thanks so much. Happy Cruising!

I am looking at booking a Christmas cruise. I will be on the Royal Princess in May an would like to wait and book on board but if getting low on cabins then I might have to bite the bullet and book before I go.

Is there a way to see how many cabins are available on a cruise?

Thanks

The only way I know is to do a fake booking and it should show you how many are available.

Depends on how the ta breaks it out, but you should only pay double for the base rate, not the gratuities, port fees & taxes. Some solos have had to go back to their ta and make them clearly show the break down since different agency programs call things different. I always do a fake booking for 2 people, then make sure the only doubled item is the per person. If you check on the RCL web site that has been working correctly after the first few weeks of bugs were ironed out.

I would try it but I'm afraid that there would be a problem last minute. I'll let you know. I'm still hoping that the cabins will be reduced further on the Apr 27 TA. This is a really crazy trip I'm thinking of doing myself. I'm very comfortable by myself and love to meet new people, but I'm thinking of spending 2 weeks after the cruise in Spain, Venice and France and I don't speak a word of anything but English. I've found some nice studios on Airbnb for my destinations. Anyone have any advise on this?:rolleyes:

I think if you'll be in touristy areas you'll probably be fine. I've been to Italy and France and was able to survive with English and hand gestures. I do speak Spanish though so I can't give any info about Spain...though I will be staying in Barcelona after the April 27th TA as well...probably for a few months.

I've always had good luck with Airbnb, though I've only used it in Latin America, not Europe, and will be using it again for Barcelona. Just read the reviews so you know exactly what you'll get and you should be fine. Most of the time the Airbnb hosts are very helpful and will give you tips for getting around and finding what you need, even if you don't speak the language.

Good luck! And if you want to chat more about it when we're on the Epic let me know!

Speaking of the Epic, they have some ridiculously good prices on their studios for both their spring Caribbean cruises and their spring Transatlantic. The balcony prices are good too, even though you pay the full 200% as a solo.

I wish my work schedule wasn't so busy this spring...and there's that whole being on a diet thing...although I'd probably ditch the diet and go if I could take the time off work!

I think if you'll be in touristy areas you'll probably be fine. I've been to Italy and France and was able to survive with English and hand gestures. I do speak Spanish though so I can't give any info about Spain...though I will be staying in Barcelona after the April 27th TA as well...probably for a few months.

I've always had good luck with Airbnb, though I've only used it in Latin America, not Europe, and will be using it again for Barcelona. Just read the reviews so you know exactly what you'll get and you should be fine. Most of the time the Airbnb hosts are very helpful and will give you tips for getting around and finding what you need, even if you don't speak the language.

Good luck! And if you want to chat more about it when we're on the Epic let me know!

Thank you for the advice! I'm still deciding on everything. I'm going on the MSC Divina this Saturday and also in the fall. I think I should to wait till I get back to finalize everything.

Any good deals for Christmas cruise for solos? Thought I would check with you guys first as I have not found any great prices as yet.

Good deals for holiday cruises rarely happen. Normally Christmas/New

Years cruise have some of the highest rates of the year.

I have gone on this one the end of October of last year and it was great. Love all the ports. It's a shame though that they took out Dominica.

I have been looking at a Christmas cruise on the Star for awhile now, because my friends are doing it. My friends have a balcony booked for less then it will cost me for an inside. The biggest problem in finding someone to go is it is Christmas and most of my friends stay home with family. When I first tell people where it is going I get yes love to then when they find out it is over Christmas and New Years it's sorry I have family I spend Christmas with.

I am on the Royal next month so guess I will have to decide one way or the other and book on board and hope they have some perks.

Hey there and sorry in advance if this is a silly question. I'm new to solo cruising...

Is there a way to get search results on cruise line websites to show the price based on single occupancy? I know that on NCL's site I can choose the number of passengers and so I can see the price that I would pay as a solo. The other cruise lines don't seem to have a similar option and so it's hard to tell without going partway through a fake booking what my price would be. I typically just double whatever the price they show is, but that means if they happen to be doing a special where the single supplement is waived or reduced I don't know about it.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

NCL Epic Studios in April - solo traveler

Prices reflect AARP ($50) or Active/Retired Military ($20) or Latitudes member ($20) discounts.

Also offering $25 onboard credit on these cabins.

Sun Miami (EMBARK) --- 4:00 pm

Mon At Sea --- ---

Tue Ocho Rios, Jamaica 9:00 am 5:00 pm

Wed At Sea --- ---

Thu Costa Maya, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Sat At Sea --- ---

Sun Miami (DISEMBARK)

Week of 6th is $279 or $309 or $329 without discounts

Week of 13th is $329 or $359 or $379 without discounts

http://www.ncl.com/vacations/norwegian-epic-mar-2014-apr-2014-1-guest-pennsylvania?sailmonths=4294937487+4294937480&ships=4294963194&cruise=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294915775&state=PA&pageSize=5&currentPage=1&sortBy=Featured&autoPopulate=f&from=resultPage

Hey there and sorry in advance if this is a silly question. I'm new to solo cruising...

Is there a way to get search results on cruise line websites to show the price based on single occupancy? I know that on NCL's site I can choose the number of passengers and so I can see the price that I would pay as a solo. The other cruise lines don't seem to have a similar option and so it's hard to tell without going partway through a fake booking what my price would be. I typically just double whatever the price they show is, but that means if they happen to be doing a special where the single supplement is waived or reduced I don't know about it.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi:)....travel agency websites are not allowed to be named (against

Cruise Critic Policy) but you can use google and find a lot of information

that way.

But you can also go to an any Cruiseline's website and do a mock

booking.......when you put in the amount of passengers...1...the total

with the amount of taxes and fees should come up and you can see

how much the cruise will cost that way.

Sometimes you can find "residence rates" and/or "Sr rates"...there

is really no way to tell without trying a "dummy/mock" booking. You

can call the cruiseline directly too:D

I helped my friends, who are married, look at a Carnival cruise special sailing out on April 28th. This will be their first cruise and asked me many questions. When I went back home, I looked at the special to see the cost if I went with them , of course, my own cabin. I was surprised to see there was a special for those "solo" in a cabin. Well, I am now going with them and they are thrilled since I have been on Carnival and did the same 4 day western caribbean 2 times in the past. So happy that Carnivl thought of us single people. (Usually my sister is my cruise buddy, but she works during the week & wasn't interested in going).

I helped my friends, who are married, look at a Carnival cruise special sailing out on April 28th. This will be their first cruise and asked me many questions. When I went back home, I looked at the special to see the cost if I went with them , of course, my own cabin. I was surprised to see there was a special for those "solo" in a cabin. Well, I am now going with them and they are thrilled since I have been on Carnival and did the same 4 day western caribbean 2 times in the past. So happy that Carnivl thought of us single people. (Usually my sister is my cruise buddy, but she works during the week & wasn't interested in going).

Yes, Carnival has been very good to solos this winter/spring season. I wonder if they'll keep this up. Probably summer will have more family bookings so they won't need our business as much, so I'm guessing (and obviously I could be wrong) it'll probably not happen again til the fall.

Yes, Carnival has been very good to solos this winter/spring season. I wonder if they'll keep this up. Probably summer will have more family bookings so they won't need our business as much, so I'm guessing (and obviously I could be wrong) it'll probably not happen again til the fall.

They just added a few June sailings.

They just added a few June sailings.

Do you have any additional information on that? I just checked the Carnival website for their list of "no single supplement" cruises, and the last one sails on 5/18/14 (Freedom out of FLL to W. Caribbean). Is there an updated list somewhere? Thanks!

(BTW, it would really help if CruiseCritic made it easier to find these deals -- on their "Deals" page everything is priced "per person" and you can't find out if there's a solo deal anywhere.)

Do you have any additional information on that? I just checked the Carnival website for their list of "no single supplement" cruises, and the last one sails on 5/18/14 (Freedom out of FLL to W. Caribbean). Is there an updated list somewhere? Thanks!

(BTW, it would really help if CruiseCritic made it easier to find these deals -- on their "Deals" page everything is priced "per person" and you can't find out if there's a solo deal anywhere.)

I just do a mock booking and put in one traveler to see the no supplement deals.

The list is nice,but it's never up to date. Since its capacity controlled, by the time the list is updated, the allotment could be gone. So its best to do your own checking.

Several 7 day Caribbean cruises for the first few weeks of June are showing a rate of $550ish before taxes.

congrats that is awesome :)

Thank you for the advice! I'm still deciding on everything. I'm going on the MSC Divina this Saturday and also in the fall. I think I should to wait till I get back to finalize everything.

Dear Blue Sky, be careful in Barcelona and Paris especially re purse snatching and in general. For language help, Barnes and Noble carries some laminated basic polite exchanges or language shortcuts in Spanish, French and Italian in a laminated trifold letter paper size including the target language, English and pronunciation. If you have an iPhone and will have/be using international roaming you might try google translator app. It is not great but unless you have time to take some class or tutoring beforehand.. it will do. Also just to help with pronunciation and basic etiquette and info on shopping, hotels etc for language try a software called Rosetta Stone and also visit a website called about.com and search for spanish, then Italian, then French. Often that website will also have customs tips and pronunciation for introductory travel vocabulary. Hope that helps. Also Lonely Planet and Eyewitness/DK have good travel guides to countries and major cities. I used to teach French and organize exchange trips taking students over to Europe along with some parents and the items I mentioned have always come in handy for non speakers of the host country's language. Good luck :) It will be fun.

Edited by Texas_cherbear

The last no single supplement list I looked on I didn't see any June sailing. Only up to May. That list was put out on 3/26.

Conquest 7 day June 1, 2014 has no single supp

Inside $663 total

Balcony $893 total

Thats just one example. That list even when updated is not fully accurate.

Another June 22, 2014 valor 7 day

Inside$687

Balcony $957

Edited by Caribbean King1

Conquest 7 day June 1, 2014 has no single supp

Inside $663 total

Balcony $893 total

Thats just one example. That list even when updated is not fully accurate.

Another June 22, 2014 valor 7 day

Inside$687

Balcony $957

Thank you. For some reason I always rely on that list. Seems not the wisest thing to do. From now on I'll just do mock booking. Thanks for the heads up.