Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

Fortunately not everything winds up on YouTube.

I know I should never take the irresponsible, childish and rude behavior of others on myself, but I can't help it. It's circumstances like these that make me wonder in what light a man like the Captain from Italy, sees Americans....

It embarasses me to death.

LOL! I was not searching on youtube.....actually never even go to that website..........

Rudeness is embarrassing, but I'm sure the Captain and all of us know rudeness is not akin to just one nationality;)

Rudeness is embarrassing, but I'm sure the Captain and all of us know rudeness is not akin to just one nationality;)
Well Kurb...other nationalities rudeness or lack thereof doesn't affect me. Only American rudeness does. It is very embarassing.

It's kinda like having kids...if other people's kids are monsters, I'm not embarassed. If my own kids are...well, I want to strangle them.

Capice??? ;)

Well Kurb...other nationalities rudeness or lack thereof doesn't affect me. Only American rudeness does. It is very embarassing.

It's kinda like having kids...if other people's kids are monsters, I'm not embarassed. If my own kids are...well, I want to strangle them.

Capice??? ;)

Oh my mistake I thought you were wondering in circumstances like this, in what light a man like the Captain from Italy sees Americans........

Oh my mistake I thought you were wondering in circumstances like this, in what light a man like the Captain from Italy sees Americans........

No...you had it right.

Forget it Kurb, you and I are never on the same page ;)

I don't see what was so offensive with his talk. I heard laughing and applause from the audience. I believe a few were upset and got a mob mentality and people fed off that. They should still be ashamed.

I agree with Sandgnat, did I miss something? I heard nothing rude. It's safety first.

Rude? No way! Great explanation attempt by a professional? Yes

Rude, yet fitting, would be to affix a picture of the bald headed loudmouth (the fool stirring up the crowd in the "riot" videos) to the toilet cakes in all of the urinals across the Carnival fleet!

That jerk should be hitch hiking home from Port Canaveral!

Wonder if some of those troublemakers were ID'd and now are not able to sail on Carnival.

If you saw the other attached videos, one of which was the imbicile attorney I presume who was yelling "write your names and addresses and phone numbers down" while screaming "get the captain down here!"....hopefully when they submit their protest to Carnival they get blacklisted.....but in todays society theyll probably get suites and a 8 day cruise out of it :mad:

well, op, this is NOT what started it. it cannot be. because the captain, reference in kurb's post below, and on the video, makes it CLEAR that the ringleader atty who popped a vessel over a hurricane in the area had already LET LOOSE on the captain at some point PRIOR to the time he delivered that news in the phantom lounge.

he had every right to put those people off the ship. he shld have.

Personally I think that the Captian was very blunt in his speeking and some of his comments were down right sexist. "Ladies, you don't have to cook or clean or make the bed for a week". No one seams to find those comments offensive?

Maybe it was ment as a joke but with his delivery it sounded pertty serious to me.

you're being ridiculous. i sailed with this captain less than 2 1/2 months ago. he was very polite and cordial.

if he was anything less on THIS cruise, it was no doubt because he had a certain contingent of pax upsetting the entire ship and attempting to cause a melee aboard HIS vessel.

Get used to it lady, he is Italian. Besides its the truth, you would be washing the dishes right now if not onboard a funship. Now go wash those dishes lady !!!Fred

gimme a break, fred.

even if this was intended to be funny, your humor is severely misplaced. whether you realize it or not, your comment indirectly states that every captain of a carnival ship is sexist and demeaning.

it's a stupid comment. very untrue, and VERY unfair to the fine captains of this fleet.

You need to go back and watch it again. He said he could have been rude and say that. Instead he took the time to explain why they were being diverted..........

zactly, kurb.

I viewed the clips of the passengers rioting...

Now... Talk about rude... I'd thown a few of those people in the brig...

H$LL YES! this is just insane.

i am so grateful i wasn't onboard with these people. this is crazy. he certainly shld have thrown him in the brig, and then, thrown him off at the first available POC for inciting a riot.

If they were preventing me from getting to the lobby bar and getting my DOD there would have been a riot! :p:rolleyes:

*****....petition signing during a vacation...these people need serious help.

:D

LOL

and seriously! :rolleyes:

Umm, that's not exactly what I meant. The OP did think the Captain was a bad guy. All I was pointing out was that the OP was NOT one of the 'mob'. The OP was pissed at the mob AND the Captain.

You can't tell that from his first post here, but he had started another thread prior to this that is no longer here...it's been 'poofed'

Well, anyone in doubt, here's the words direct from the OP:

The Captain's words were in the least poorly chosen, or downright rude IMO. Italian or not, when I watch him speak on our DVD that we paid good money for, I feel my blood pressure rise

Yes, drastic change in itinerary.

Now, please tell me where you would take the ship if you were the Captain? :rolleyes:

As in everything in life, it boils down to choices.

You accept it and make the best of it, knowing that the cruise line is out for your safety FIRST and they are NOT out to piss you off. You're disappointed but decide not to ruin your vacation, so you put on your big girl panties and deal with it and have a great time despite going to RI when what you really wanted was a tan and not more lobster.

OR

You become miserable and negative and before even seeing what RI has to offer you, you hate it because you can't see past the big chip on your shoulder...and you cause a fuss ON the ship, joining the mob and getting caught up in a flurry of anger while missing evrything the ship has to offer you and make EVERYONE on the ship miserable with you because, after all, misery loves company and why should you be miserable alone?

I think from the responses posted here, I can assume most people would eagerly choose the first option.

ROFL!!! I hope HR didn't hear that :)

Well, anyone in doubt, here's the words direct from the OP:

Exactly Pete......I was monitoring his other posts and just noticed that one from last night as well...He obviously doesn't want to respond to this thread and it's probably best.....so I'm closing this thread with this...The OP thought the Captain was rude, put a video clip on here to prove it, and after we all saw this clip, I'd say 99% (yeah, you always got the 1 %) of us think the Captain was very professional and handled the situation great.:D

Archived