Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

LMAO...that is sooooooooooooo true.

Have you seen Joe Biden? :rolleyes: hehehehehe

No, but I saw his laughable attempt at trying to relate to the "common" folk last night lol. Can you picture him (or any of them) buying nails and 2x4's? HA!!

"Why Joe, I didn't know 'Coal Miners' shopped at Home Depot"......lol

If you are not completely satisfied with your cruise vacation experience, all you need to do is notify us before arrival at the first port of call and you must debark at your ship's first non-U.S. port of call. Carnival will refund the unused portion of your cruise fare and pay your flight back.

Therefore, it doesn't matter where your first stop was.

And regardless, you're complaining that the ships first port was Port Canaveral (a US port) like it was some conspiracy against you. The normally scheduled first port for that sailing was Puerto Rico, which is US territory. And the second stop...St. Thomas...again, US territory.

And the reason for this is really simple.....the Jones Act. A foreign flagged ship cannot transport passengers from one US port to another. Thusly you have to disembark at the first non-US port.

Dave

I'll call them loud complainers like Ms Belvedere, nowhere near a riot.

Truthfully all you could hear was that idiot lawyer and that woman next to him........all the other noise is your typical noise coming from a large gathering..........no riot.....

next week..when I am on the Miracle..if I should see the captain..I will tell him how well he handled the situation....:) and say thank you for taking care of his ship and customers..

We spent several days in New York last year, and I found the locals to be surprisingly friendly. Not at all the "rude New Yorkers" I was expecting.

Because we are like your local high school cheerleader.. Very bad reputation but once you get to know us.. Its all bull! We are just like everyone else.. We may walk and talk faster to keep up with the pace of the city.. but we expect courtesy and manners just like our friends in the midwest or anywhere else...;)

And if you need a hand up or a hand out.. we respond very quickly!:D

No, but I saw his laughable attempt at trying to relate to the "common" folk last night lol. Can you picture him (or any of them) buying nails and 2x4's? HA!!

"Why Joe, I didn't know 'Coal Miners' shopped at Home Depot"......lol

So off topic.. but He also didnt know the difference between Hamas and Syria...:rolleyes:

Hey! Me too! :D

LOL! Get OUT! :)

small world.

I grew up on the small street between Red Lion Rd and Chalfont Dr.

I was shocked to see his hands so calm though. In my house the arms would have been waving.

I know! My arms were waving just reading a few of the comments posted here!

Fingers were flying too! :p :p :p

Because we are like your local high school cheerleader.. Very bad reputation but once you get to know us.. Its all bull! We are just like everyone else.. We may walk and talk faster to keep up with the pace of the city.. but we expect courtesy and manners just like our friends in the midwest or anywhere else...;)

And if you need a hand up or a hand out.. we respond very quickly!:D

Isn't that the truth Toni :D We do get a very bad reputation unfortunately.

How have you been? I haven't been on here much.....started a new job about 6 weeks ago and I have been busy.

LOL! Get OUT! :)

small world.

I grew up on the small street between Red Lion Rd and Chalfont Dr.

small world...but I wouldn't want to paint it...LOL

OMG..you are kidding?

I uses to live behind Academy Plaza...I still coach over at Liberty Bell YO.

:D

Isn't that the truth Toni :D We do get a very bad reputation unfortunately.

How have you been? I haven't been on here much.....started a new job about 6 weeks ago and I have been busy.

Hi Sandi!!!!!

Long time no post!;)

congrats on the job! Hope all is well!

We just watched the videos again....amazing.

My parents sail this Wednesday (along with jaja and Harry0 and many others it looks like - jeez, I didn't know there were so many from CC going on this cruise!). They thought the snippets of what the captain said during our cruise as we relayed over the phone (the week after the "riot") was hysterical. They can't wait to hear him in person!

I hope all of you can meet the Captain!

I couldn't view the video, it was not avialbe. I really have to wonder about those people. I KNEW what I was doing when I booked for this time of year. I also knew 10 days before the cruise I went on (Liberty Sept 6-13) that the odds were very high we WERE NOT going to go to the Exotic East (HMC, Grant Turn, SJ, and ST.T). No annoucement was made until 24 hours out, so I had no clue until I got to port.

I was disappointed, but no one that I saw was willing to riot and or caused problems. There were many who had been that route already and weren't tickled, but they also were keeping and eye on Ike and KNEW the odds.

I can safely say that those idiots on the Miracle should be happy the Captain didn't take them in the path. I am sure they all would have moaned and groaned that the Captain took them in the bath of the storm and they all got seasick and it messed their vacations....Either way the cruise line was screwed--Sail into a storm and get flack, or avoid it and get flack!!!!

A BIG disclaimer should always be mentioned and posted in big bold letters that in cause of bad weather/or a HURRICANE the ship will divert!!!!!!

I can say I was happy with Captain Marco Nogara, he was so busy on the bridge because of Ike that he didn't leave very often. He didn't come to the past guest party, he made it to the cocktail party, but dashed back to the bridge ASAP. He almost didn't make it at the end of the voyage when they do the debarkation talk..He left long enough to say a few words and went back because we were behind Ike at that point and the seas were not superrough, but you could tell we were moving!!!!!

Where is the OP on this one? Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't this poster have a thread the other day about this video. Ok I'm really tired so I may be wrong, but I hope someone will either confirm or correct my memory. The other day there was another thread posted about this cruise. The last I saw that thread it was a fairly civil disagreement. The conversation may have turned ugly because I can't find it at all. The poster on that thread was on his honeymoon. He wrote a letter of complaint and received a small OBC. He questioned if that was enough. He was fairly reasonable and definitely polite. They were more than willing to cruise again. He just wanted to know if a small discount was an unreasonable request. He seems like a truly nice guy, but his main complaint was how rude the captain was. The OP insisted he had video proof of the captains rudeness and would post it. I have been waiting for this video to post. I strongly disagree that the captain was rude.

The last thing I want to do is stir a luke warm pot, almost everyone posting agrees there wasn't much that could be done differently. But I can't stop my fingers. I don't understand how this story ever became actual news. There is a small group still making noise about this subject. Most people who complained say it's not the weather they are upset with, but the rudeness of the captain or the lack of communication from Carnival. Those videos ended those arguments with me. I watched 6 minutes of the captain communicating the reasons things happened they way they did. My favorite is the poor man with the bull horn trying to communicate with the crowd. BTW what I saw was not a riot it was a loud, large crowd gathered to see the frenzy around the crazy screaming guy and just a few others. Passing a petition did stir people up though.

As far as earlier communication, they don't like to make a final decision until they last minute. Things change with weather. That's the way it is. I can't tell you the number of times we were in the pathway of a hurricane, made major preparations and then had perfect beach weather. The worst is when a storm looks like it's going one way and then you have less than 24 hours before a direct hit of powerful hurricane. It's not easy to decide what to do in advance.

There seems to be a small number of people who need a big map with red x's marking the places you can't go to right then. You can write a book with the number of reasons it's not a good idea to take a vacation there at that moment. Some cruises end up with a whole lot of red x's on the map and not a lot of options. It's all luck of the draw. It's not an opportunity to start a petition or remove your tips. Try to make every vacation a good one. Not just the ones that work out as you planned.

small world...but I wouldn't want to paint it...LOL

OMG..you are kidding?

I uses to live behind Academy Plaza...I still coach over at Liberty Bell YO.

:D

OMG...this is too funny. :D

I grew up on Amity Road...my DH grew up on Modena Drive.

We bought our first house in Academy Gardens

Right about now a walk up to Academy Plaza for a Rita's sounds really good. ;)

I'm sure the majority were acting rational;) I'm also sure that it is made out to be more then it was. You know the old saying "making a mountain out of a mohill":rolleyes:

Afterall it is over and it is still being magnified to no avail:cool:

did he say mohill? what is a "mohill" is that like a yout

Where is the OP on this one? Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't this poster have a thread the other day about this video. Ok I'm really tired so I may be wrong, but I hope someone will either confirm or correct my memory. The other day there was another thread posted about this cruise. The last I saw that thread it was a fairly civil disagreement. The conversation may have turned ugly because I can't find it at all. The poster on that thread was on his honeymoon. He wrote a letter of complaint and received a small OBC. He questioned if that was enough. He was fairly reasonable and definitely polite. They were more than willing to cruise again. He just wanted to know if a small discount was an unreasonable request. He seems like a truly nice guy, but his main complaint was how rude the captain was. The OP insisted he had video proof of the captains rudeness and would post it. I have been waiting for this video to post. I strongly disagree that the captain was rude.

Yep the OP of this thread is the poster of the other thread who swore he had proof:rolleyes:

Amazing how differently people interpret things, isn't it?

dang....

Unbelievable! I dont even think using the excuse that it's his first cruise is valid.. Rude is rude and this was not rude LOL!

Op has not been back either... Guess it was a 'rude' awakening :eek: :)

Archived