Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

I have no idea why so many people had their knickers in a knot! His explanation was not rude.. but rather factual and trying to explain the situation. People need to lighten up! Geesh.. it is a vacation.. you could be at work :eek:

We just watched the videos again....amazing.

My parents sail this Wednesday (along with jaja and Harry0 and many others it looks like - jeez, I didn't know there were so many from CC going on this cruise!). They thought the snippets of what the captain said during our cruise as we relayed over the phone (the week after the "riot") was hysterical. They can't wait to hear him in person!

I hope all of you can meet the Captain!

and who are your folks??--so I can say hi!

:eek:

Ok...I guess that's a part of the south I have never visited. :p

All I know is when my DD went to school in KY and I went to visit...I felt very 'different' compared to a southern woman.

They would never flip the bird to someone...they'd just say, "Well bless your heart."

I'd be more likely to say, "Well bite my ...."

(you get the picture ;))

I was born in Italy and lived there until I was 11, then moved to Texas so I have the southern accent with the Italian arms to go with it. My husband is from Chicago. We had been married for about 10 years when he looked at me one day and said "when you say things like 'bless your heart' and 'how nice' you really are saying something else aren't you?" I laughed about that one for weeks.

This Capt. was our Capt back in 06 on Pride. He seems and speaks the same way as he did on this video. I don't think he was rude at all.

Now as for the associated riot video I also seen in the lobby area, that was so wild! I couldn't beleive that was happening! I think during cruise check in, there needs to be a form that specifically explains that the capt is at the mercy of the seas, and that the cruise itenerary could change, and guests would need to sign that sheet to acknowledge it.

I couldn't believe on that riot video so many acting like babies!

Everyone remember the Riot on the Carnival Miracle (August 29th - Sept 6th)? This is what started it all...

The captain was very professional, explained brillantly what needed to be explained. He said if he WANTED to be rude he would say...., He was not rude at all. The people "rioting" or in my opinion acting like a bunch of idiot spoiled brats, were absolutely wrong. I think they should take those petitions they all signed to compose the not allowed to sail again list.

I would think that the captain, and carnival putting your safety first would make you happy and feel secure about cruising Carnival no matter what time of year. And if you had a specific event happening on a specific island, well then you should have flown your butts there! It's freakin hurricane season fools!

I saw the other videos of the idiots yelling and screaming, I can't believe it!! Please, everyone taking part in this situation, just don't cruise anymore. I don't want you anywhere near my vacation!!

Nope. You're not missing a thing.

The OP wanted to prove how 'rude' the Captain was because no one here believed it....and now that belief is a knowing.

I should have finished my coffee before reading this thread. I thought it was a new post, and didn't realize it was 11 pages of embarrassment for the OP, and some mauls. And I'm only half way through!

I should have finished my coffee before reading this thread. I thought it was a new post, and didn't realize it was 11 pages of embarrassment for the OP, and some mauls. And I'm only half way through!

It's something to do while you caffeine yourself up. ;)

I was born in Italy and lived there until I was 11, then moved to Texas so I have the southern accent with the Italian arms to go with it. My husband is from Chicago. We had been married for about 10 years when he looked at me one day and said "when you say things like 'bless your heart' and 'how nice' you really are saying something else aren't you?" I laughed about that one for weeks.

LOL, that must be some combination! :D And LOL! It took your husband 10 years to figure that out??? ;)

OK......everyone should "get" this by now.....I misread it the first time too until I looked at the title again...:D ......but if you look at the title.....it's a question....Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle?....see for yourself.

The OP is being sarcastic and it's tongue in cheek (something I would do)..while we had all those posts saying the Captain was rude.....this is proof to show how people make up things......The Captain was awesome.....I would have been one applauding as well.:D

OK......everyone should "get" this by now.....I misread it the first time too until I looked at the title again...:D ......but if you look at the title.....it's a question....Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle?....see for yourself.

The OP is being sarcastic and it's tongue in cheek (something I would do)..while we had all those posts saying the Captain was rude.....this is proof to show how people make up things......The Captain was awesome.....I would have been one applauding as well.:D

I might be wrong but I think the OP made another thread asking how he should be compensated for how they were "treated" on this cruise that was deleted.

Then my deepest apologies to the OP.

I thought I recalled him(?) saying on the thread that got pulled, that he was going to upload the video so people could see for themselves....maybe he meant see for themselves that the Captain wasn't rude.:confused: Well, unfortunately, I can't go back to that thread to check.....

My memory has been failing me of late. I should try not to rely on it so much. :p

OK....I could possibly be wrong here....I know - SHOCKER!:p

We delete threads and don't have time to read them completely..........we see enough and poof........but we can also go back and reread...I just read all the posts the OP has posted and I'm having a hard time getting a clear answer to this thread if he really did think the captain was rude or if he's maybe changed his mind and doing a tongue in cheek version.....I certainly hope it's the latter.;)

OK....I could possibly be wrong here....I know - SHOCKER!:p

We delete threads and don't have time to read them completely..........we see enough and poof........but we can also go back and reread...I just read all the posts the OP has posted and I'm having a hard time getting a clear answer to this thread if he really did think the captain was rude or if he's maybe changed his mind and doing a tongue in cheek version.....I certainly hope it's the latter.;)

Like I said, I may be wrong (al these threads kind of blend in together in my already over-loaded mind) but I think I remember him starting a thread...upset about the 'riot' but wanting compensation because CCL didn't do actively do anything to stop the commotion and he accused the Captain of being mean and sarcastic (or something like that). When other posters expressed disbelief (LOL...like that's anything new ;) ) He said he had the video to prove it.

I assumed this was supposed to be his 'proof'

Regardless, I'm glad he posted the video. It's good that we all got a chance to hear the Captain ourselves. :)

A distinquished Captain with over 40 years of experience' date=' from Italy....full of himself? Go figure.

Ever met a politician or high-ranking military officer.....professional ball player or the mayor of your city?

It's mostly a male thing.[/quote']

You left fighter pilots and surgeons off the list. There are some occupations, where being successful almost requires "being full of yourself". Who wants an insecure little person who isn't sure he/she can do the job?

You left fighter pilots and surgeons off the list. There are some occupations, where being successful almost requires "being full of yourself". Who wants an insecure little person who isn't sure he/she can do the job?

SURGEONS! :eek:

Man, you got that right.....

Wow...as a newbie here, I can see that this board can get just as heated and controversial as

tripadvisor

. I'm trying to get a feel for cruising versus land based AI resort vacations, so this was an interesting read.

FWIW....there is a difference between being rude, and being blunt. The worst that could be said of this captain is he is being blunt. He presented the facts..."my primary

responsibility

is keeping you safe, the crew safe, and the ship safe". Since English is his 2nd language it may not have been perceived that way by some already disappointed passengers due to tone and inflection in speech.

When you travel in hurricane season (and I have...got caught in JA during Hurricane Charlie in 2005), you take your chances.

I agree, most of the speech was fine. Its just the few comments:

"lady's you don't have to cook or clean so feel lucky",

"if i were rude and not a gentleman i would say I Pick you up in new york and drop you off in new york, where you go in between is none of your business"

Of course it is their business, when you pay for a "Caribean" cruse you hope to go the caribean.

Also he made the comment about "taking forgranted that everyone knew it was huricane season". Actually I bet manny people did not know it was huricane season. I for one did not.

and the comment "Just be happy you are on vacation".

To me that is insulting as a paying customer.

I even heard that one group was planing on attending a wedding on one of the islands that were origionally suppost to be ports of call. Now if that were you would you thinkn that was none of your business?

I am a female and I love the fact I do not have to cook, clean, or do anything while on a cruise.

I also LOVE the fact that I am on vacation when I am on vacaction.

I am also not selfish enough to hope that the captain will put an entire ship full of people in harms way so I can make a wedding on an island. Due to weather I would guess the wedding was at the very least post poned.

It is up to people to take the time to research their vacation plans and know what they are buying. They should know what the weather conditions might be like during the time of year they plan to travel. They should be aware of the contract they are getting into so that they know what to expect should things change. If they don't then (and I intend to be rude here) they are just not very smart.

At least they got ports.

Thanks to Gustav we got a terrific cruise to nowhere to celebrate our 10th anniversary.

Kudos to Gede and his crew in the dining room for making it truly memorable!

And I'm with the captain, as long as I wasn't doing dishes or laundry, I'm a happy hillbilly. :D

Archived