Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

Unbelievable! I dont even think using the excuse that it's his first cruise is valid.. Rude is rude and this was not rude LOL!

Op has not been back either... Guess it was a 'rude' awakening :eek: :)

LOL!!

Didn't get the support he thought he deserved, I guess.

Where is the OP on this one? Please correct me if I am wrong but didn't this poster have a thread the other day about this video. Ok I'm really tired so I may be wrong, but I hope someone will either confirm or correct my memory. The other day there was another thread posted about this cruise. The last I saw that thread it was a fairly civil disagreement. The conversation may have turned ugly because I can't find it at all. The poster on that thread was on his honeymoon. He wrote a letter of complaint and received a small OBC. He questioned if that was enough. He was fairly reasonable and definitely polite. They were more than willing to cruise again. He just wanted to know if a small discount was an unreasonable request. He seems like a truly nice guy, but his main complaint was how rude the captain was. The OP insisted he had video proof of the captains rudeness and would post it. I have been waiting for this video to post. I strongly disagree that the captain was rude.

Yep the OP of this thread is the poster of the other thread who swore he had proof:rolleyes:

Hi Toni,

I was looking for that thread too, but poof it went. And I think that Batman is the honeymooner who had proof. And yes he does sound like a nice guy but maybe because he was on his honeymoon they were more sensitive to the situation. The video I saw shows a perfectly professional Captain and the other video shows a bunch of not very good at travel bunch of idiots.

btw, Peyton Place is on TCM right now, the 1957 version with Lana Turner. Now her character would have definitely not been able to handle that cruise!

All Yankees seem rude to Southerners. We're rougher around the edges...there's no denying that. ;)

I dont know about that Halos, ever ask for directions in Georgia lol.... oh boy... Picture this.. dirt road-middle of nowhere.. Gas station

Older rough neck type of guy comes out (packing by the way- in plain site).. Yeoow!

Gave us directions and also hinted we should purchase some gas...

:eek: :eek:

Hi Toni,

I was looking for that thread too, but poof it went. And I think that Batman is the honeymooner who had proof. And yes he does sound like a nice guy but maybe because he was on his honeymoon they were more sensitive to the situation. The video I saw shows a perfectly professional Captain and the other video shows a bunch of not very good at travel bunch of idiots.

btw, Peyton Place is on TCM right now, the 1957 version with Lana Turner. Now her character would have definitely not been able to handle that cruise!

Lee I am watching it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know about that Halos, ever ask for directions in Georgia lol.... oh boy... Picture this.. dirt road-middle of nowhere.. Gas station

Older rough neck type of guy comes out (packing by the way- in plain site).. Yeoow!

Gave us directions and also hinted we should purchase some gas...

:eek: :eek:

:eek:

Ok...I guess that's a part of the south I have never visited. :p

All I know is when my DD went to school in KY and I went to visit...I felt very 'different' compared to a southern woman.

They would never flip the bird to someone...they'd just say, "Well bless your heart."

I'd be more likely to say, "Well bite my ...."

(you get the picture ;))

:eek:

Ok...I guess that's a part of the south I have never visited. :p

All I know is when my DD went to school in KY and I went to visit...I felt very 'different' compared to a southern woman.

They would never flip the bird to someone...they'd just say, "Well bless your heart."

I'd be more likely to say, "Well bite my ...."

(you get the picture ;))

Yea you are right about that! I have been known to double flip! LOL

Yea you are right about that! I have been known to double flip! LOL

and in Philly, you wouldn't see anyone packing. All guns are concealed, illegal and all you'd see is the bullet whizzing by your head. :p

LOL...now all I have to worry about is a moose in the road. :D Today it was a neighbor's horses in the road that got loose...seriously.

Big change from what I'm used to. :p

You really are in the 'country'...!

LOL, just as I thought. A few disgruntled passengers yelling hardly constitutes a riot.

There were certainly more than a few and I'd hate to have been caught in the middle of that mess.

As far as your definetion of a riot perhaps you should tell Mr Webster that he has it all wrong since you know better what a riot is :

Main Entry: 1ri·ot

Function: noun

Pronunciation: 'rī-&t

Etymology: Middle English, from Old French, dispute, from rioter to quarrel

1 archaic a : profligate behavior : DEBAUCHERY b : unrestrained revelryc : noise, uproar, or disturbance made by revelers

2 a : public violence, tumult, or disorderb : a violent public disorder; specifically : a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent

3 : a random or disorderly profusion <the woods were a riot of color

4 : one that is wildly amusing the new comedy is a riot

Using your own reference as the definition of a riot... it appears that PanamaJack1 was correct... :D

Everyone remember the Riot on the Carnival Miracle (August 29th - Sept 6th)? This is what started it all...

Please....

Stop.......

I see nothing wrong with what the Captain said.......

Let it go........:(

OMG...this is too funny. :D

I grew up on Amity Road...my DH grew up on Modena Drive.

We bought our first house in Academy Gardens

Right about now a walk up to Academy Plaza for a Rita's sounds really good. ;)

Academy Gardens is right by me! Maybe they should put a Rita's on Carnival Ships! lol!

I thought the Captain was great on our 9/14 Miracle cruise!!! :D

Holy bat doo doo robin, stop the insanity!!!!

I wonder what people think the prices are so much lower in fall than other times for? ummm lets see, oh yeah hurricane season. If you get on a cruise ship while there is active hurricanes in the area you're going. then you're probably gonna go elsewhere, as in away from the hurricane.

Why would this be so hard for people to understand?

But I have a great idea for an upgrade for all fun ships, how bout a giant slingshot to propel those that want to go into the hurricane as close as they can get them? Then they can leave the rest of us rational people to drink our rum runners in the peace of the bands:D

I think the captain was charming and funny, he explained it very well.

The people that keep saying he could have picked better ports didn't listen to the whole clip, he stated clearly that only a certain amount of ships can dock/tender in each port, these ARE regulations set forth by whoever it is that sets the regs for the ports, he had to dock where he was told to.

The people in the riot video were absolutely stupid, I believe when people act like wild dangerous animals they should be tranquilized till they calm the heck down, I would have been happy to shoot these people with elephant tranqs.

Perhaps those of you that think that there was something wrong in what Carnival did for this cruise should think about being in a hurricane in the middle of the ocean in a cruiseship..........hello?

Taking the tips away from people that HAVE to be nice to people that are mean and grumpy and lashing out, ohhhhhhhhhh how priceless. Firm belief here is that you get what you give in life.

Cheers and commendations to the staff and captains of Carnival for once again keeping everyone safe in the midst of a hurricane emergency and getting everyone home safe and sound.

Carole

Academy Gardens is right by me! Maybe they should put a Rita's on Carnival Ships! lol!

I thought the Captain was great on our 9/14 Miracle cruise!!! :D

Wouldn't THAT be a nice treat in the Caribbean heat????? A mango gelati would do the trick...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Archived