Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

Just a thought... I thought the captain went over and above the call of duty even by standing up to justify his actions.... he didn't need to say anything.... could have just got the CD to inform people.

And.... taking the auto tips away from the people that serve food and keep cabins clean.... what's that all about???:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry... the people who withdrew tips were the lowest of the low!!

Again I quote this...

Your analogy is not a good one..

Yours is a personal attack on someone's nationality and weight and the Captain was making light of the fact that the ship was R/T NYC and in between due to a hurricane was anyone's guess...:rolleyes:

I'm so glad you posted this. It confirms what I' date=' and many others, have stated.

This man was NOT in anyway rude. He explained the entire situation clearly and concisely in simple English. He expressed how decisions are made, why they are made and explained that safety is the first consideration.

His remarks concerning "some" of the people who made the big stink were absolutely correct and directed only to those who made a$$$$$ out of themselves and turned a pleasant cruise into a nightmare for most of the passengers with their "mob" behavior.

Interestingly, there are also video clips showing the "mob" in action. Now, those people were the rude ones....and the big-mouth jerk waving his arms around (the big shot lawyer, no doubt) gets the blame for keeping things going. You want to be angry at someone? He and his fellow thugs are the perfect target.

The Captain showed amazing restraint in words and actions against these morons. I hope every one of those idiots who followed the bottom feeder and signed the "petitions" are banned forever from Carnival ships....and any other ships who get word of it.

Again, thanks for posting the link. Now we all know exacty what the Captain said - and have access to the gang of thugs who started the whole thing.[/quote']

Those crowds would bo so scary!! They would be the ones who would have ruined my vacation, not the hurrican, not Carnival, not the staff! I would have gone on the ship as far from there as I could find. How simply sophmoric and mob fed. I hope I never have to experience anything like this. Again, that captain wasn't rude.

Yep.......there ya go. I thought it was a riot:rolleyes: Nothing more then one idiot trying to get his petition signed....

A petition for what exactly?? To sail into the hurricane zone?

Between petition signing and keeping track of when/where you ate at and then worrying about standing in line to remove said tips....thats the "NOT FUNSHIP"!

I found nothing rude about what the captain was saying. Did anyone take a peek at the videos of the "riot" youtube footage that was filmed in the atrium of the Miracle during that sailing? Now, if you want to talk about rude behavior ~ there you have it. :eek:

I, too, do not think the captain was rude. I think his english was not as good, and he fumbled for words. As is par for the course on a carnival ship, there is the lower-class element there, and this group just does not get it. They think that they have their rights.

Based on this vidoe, I think the Captiain could have chosen his words better, but his meaning was clear.

Actually, he said "If I wanted to be rude, I would say I pick you up in NY and drop you off in NY and where we go in between is none of your business." That puts a whole new spin on it, huh?

Diane

You are correct...I went back and listened to it again. I am at work and the speakers/audio are not so great.

Thanks

I found nothing rude about what the captain was saying. Did anyone take a peek at the videos of the "riot" youtube footage that was filmed in the atrium of the Miracle during that sailing? Now, if you want to talk about rude behavior ~ there you have it. :eek:

I think it looked like more people just standing around watching a few yahoo's. Not even close to a riot..........

I think both views were over exaggerated.........

Yeah I agree, but they both left Florida at the same time. One leaving directly from FL, and the other Left from NYC and docked at FL. and then left from FL at the same time.

Not all ships can dock at every island

There were many many ships at sea and many cruiselines that the islands would have to accomodate..

OH.. and then there was that pesky hurricane...

What I heard is a man struggling with a language not his own. He has no clue of nuance or innuendo so people can hear whatever they WANT to hear. If they are pissed, his remarks will just keep them pissed.

The exact same words could be delivered by an English speaking Comic and people could be rolling in the aisles.

Or A professional speaker could have received cheers for the same exact words. Different delivery, but the same words.

I once heard a pro comic [Rodney Dangerfield, and I was not a fan of his] Tell the same exact joke FIVE times in a row. The crowd had booed the joke the first telling, but Rodney said "There is a good joke here, I just have to tell it right." On the fifth try, knowing every word of the joke, WE all almost fell out of our chairs laughing it was so funny. And he never changed a word.

The Captain is Italian, if you think he was rude, tell him in Italian.

Dan

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have this whole debate about the 'rude' comment directly on YouTube??? I mean, that's where the offending word originated. Post # 1 is just a cut-n-paste of the You Tube title that was being linked, and was not a personal opinion by the OP (who even added the question mark).

I didn't think the Captain was rude at all!!! I think he handled that professionally.

I watched a couple more video clips on youtube after this one of the riots on the ship. I am soooo happy that I was not on that sailing. I probably would have been kicked off of the ship for yelling at all of the trouble makers for ruining my cruise. After seeing those videos I feel really bad for the crew for having to put up with it.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have this whole debate about the 'rude' comment directly on YouTube??? I mean, that's where the offending word originated. Post # 1 is just a cut-n-paste of the You Tube title that was being linked, and was not a personal opinion by the OP (who even added the question mark).

The op uploaded it to youtube.. he was on the cruise.. this started in another thread..:)

Guest scfjjb
Many people seem to think that paying for a cruise is akin to having 1100 staff members be their dancing monkey for a week.

So true and so sad.

Personally I think that the Captian was very blunt in his speeking and some of his comments were down right sexist. "Ladies, you don't have to cook or clean or make the bed for a week". No one seams to find those comments offensive?

Maybe it was ment as a joke but with his delivery it sounded pertty serious to me.

Oh for Pete's sake :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I didn't think he was rude. I could feel an underlying aggravation, I'm sure which was due to the crap the guy was putting up with.

I'm glad I wasn't on that sailing...not because of the storm or the missed ports, but because some of the passengers must have been an absolute nightmare.

I also feel sorry for the passengers on the cruise following this one because I am sure that most of the crew were still trying to shake off the crap from this sailing and were most likely NOT in a good frame of mind.

I seriously think people are morons. Instead of even attempting to make the best of a disappointing situation, they made thinsg worse, not only for themselves but for everyone on the ship.

Guest scfjjb

Also he made the comment about "taking forgranted that everyone knew it was huricane season". Actually I bet manny people did not know it was huricane season. I for one did not.

Really? Do you watch the news?

The Rudest City in the World from the N.Y. Times:

So, which city emerged as the most rudest? Here's what we discovered:

The Top Three: New York, Zurich, Toronto

Fred

Surprised Philly didn't make the top 3 list, second only to NY (don't anybody yell at me. That's where I'm from ;) )

Archived