Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

Personally I think that the Captian was very blunt in his speeking and some of his comments were down right sexist. "Ladies, you don't have to cook or clean or make the bed for a week". No one seams to find those comments offensive?

Maybe it was ment as a joke but with his delivery it sounded pertty serious to me.

Get used to it lady, he is Italian. Besides its the truth, you would be washing the dishes right now if not onboard a funship. Now go wash those dishes lady !!!

Fred

Get used to it lady, he is Italian. Besides its the truth, you would be washing the dishes if not onboard a funship. Now go wash those dishes lady !!!

Fred

Exactly. Not only is he Italian but he's from an older generation. It's not like he told you to go make him a sandwich.

Who cares what he said...there is no excuse for how the passengers acted.

:rolleyes:

The OP wins the Golden spoon award for this weeks best pot stirring post....LOL

one little post with a link and everyone is biting...LOL

:p

Personally I think that the Captian was very blunt in his speeking and some of his comments were down right sexist. "Ladies, you don't have to cook or clean or make the bed for a week". No one seams to find those comments offensive?

Maybe it was ment as a joke but with his delivery it sounded pertty serious to me.

Totally rude for your first post. :D Welcome to Cruise Critic. :)

Fred

Hey, I am NOT a woman just for the record. Maybe you should think twice before posting.

You seem to know more about sexism and took offense or became sensitive on behalf of womens rights, I kinda figured you wore a skirt. :D

My mistake, I will buy you a Miami Vice on our next cruise.

Fred

Thank you for putting the site out there for us Batman 1975. You are catching a lot of flack for it but it is nice that we all have a chance to determine in our own minds whether the Captain was really rude or not.

I have to go with the concensus here that he wasn't rude just stating the facts.

We also were on one of the Carnival ships that week and missed a couple of ports. There were many people very upset about missing the ports but I personally would have rather we missed the ports then to have been in the middle of these horrible hurricanes that week.

Besides what could be better than being on a cruise with the Drink of the Day in your hand and being around all of the new friends that you have made during your trip. That has got to be better then a day at work!!!:D

Of course keeping everyone safe comes first.. it was HOW he said everything in that video that stuck with me.. The bit about how he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. was just plain rude.. and if he said it differently..and in a fun way.. that would be different but he said it in a "I am God" way..

Who cares what he said...there is no excuse for how the passengers acted.

:rolleyes:

The OP wins the Golden spoon award for this weeks best pot stirring post....LOL

one little post with a link and everyone is biting...LOL

:p

How did the passengers act?

The bit about how he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. was just plain rude.. and if he said it differently..and in a fun way.. that would be different but he said it in a "I am God" way..

Sounded more to me like what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas...same concept. Picks you up in N.Y. and takes you back and what happens in between, well thats confidential and it this case no ones business, get it?

Fred

Of course keeping everyone safe comes first.. it was HOW he said everything in that video that stuck with me.. The bit about how he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. was just plain rude.. and if he said it differently..and in a fun way.. that would be different but he said it in a "I am God" way..

You need to go back and watch it again. He said he could have been rude and say that. Instead he took the time to explain why they were being diverted..........

Kudos to the Captain for taking time off from his "office" to come and explain why the ship deviation. Nothing rude about his comments! Just the plain old facts.

What some folks doesn't understand is that, on every cruise purchase, under the terms and conditions, it clearly says that they can deviate the ship should they feel necessary. Whenever they make the decision to deviate, it is for passengers, crew and ship's security. Not because they feel like irritating every passengers. LOL

You obviously didn't listen closely. He didn't say "he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. "

He said IF HE WANTED TO BE RUDE HE COULD SAY "he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. "

So his statement was not rude.

You obviously didn't listen closely. He didn't say "he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. "

He said IF HE WANTED TO BE RUDE HE COULD SAY "he takes you from NY,and back to NY and where he takes you inbetween is nobody's business.. "

So his statement was not rude.

Yep that's what I heard..........

That's like saying:

If i was a rude person, and not a gentleman I could say "Americans are Stupid and fat" But I am not rude so I wont say that.

It like saying "No offence" to someone after you have said something that they find offensive. That does not make the comment any less Offensive.

(BTW: Thats not my opinion I am just illustrating a point)

I would not take offense to any of these comments. I think people try to pick apart too much these days and try to play all nice. I am not going to watch my every word because someone might not like it.

I saw nothing rude about any of the captain's remarks.

Batman, if you think that was rude, you haven't been anywhere, you need to spend a week in N.Y.C. :D

Fred

I hate when people associate rude with NY. I've lived 34 yrs in NYC and moved to Houston, Texas in 2000 and i'll admit there ARE rude people in NY but also houston, dallas, jamaica, caymans, mexico, etc. Each place has good and bad. The postives of NY is the world of languages, nationalities and bluntness of everyone. In NY if someone doesn't like you, you'll know in the first 2-3 minutes. In living in Texas, if you are not a "texan", you are an outsider to "MOST" PEOPLE. They'll also associate crime to NY. Has anyone seen the last 5 years of crime stats in this country? There are some cities that crime is increasing every month and are way smaller than NYC, while crime in NYC has decreased at record rates since 1999.

In the year 2000 New York had an estimated population of 18,976,457 which ranked the state 3rd in population. For that year the State of New York had a total Crime Index of 3,099.6 reported incidents per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 40th highest total Crime Index. For Violent Crime New York had a reported incident rate of 553.9 per 100,000 people. This ranked the state as having the 12th highest occurrence for Violent Crime among the states. For crimes against Property, the state had a reported incident rate of 2,545.7 per 100,000 people, which ranked as the state 45th highest. Also in the year 2000 New York had 5.0 Murders per 100,000 people, ranking the state as having the 23rd highest rate for Murder. New York’s 18.6 reported Forced Rapes per 100,000 people, ranked the state 48th highest.

Me? Every city has good and bad......EVERY CITY !

Source: Crime in the United States, annual, FBI.

Archived