Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

I could be wrong...but I don't believe Batman is saying the Captain was rude...just for folks to judge for themselves.

Batman: Thanks for the link!

That's how I take it as well. I guess everyone is reading through the question mark.

In response to the comment about not keeping the passengers in the dark:

What about the last stop to the lovely port of ........

Wait for it ......

Sunny Newport Rode Island !

I am sure that all the New York natives just loved that stop. And when did they tell them that they were going there ? .....while they were on the way.

Oh and what about the trip to Port Canavrial first... the satisfaction guarantee says "first NON US port of call". Do you think it was a coincidence that the first port was a US port?

Its such a nice Caribbean cruse when only one stop was in the Caribbean.

Wait for it ......

I am sure that all the New York natives just loved that stop. And when did they tell them that they were going there ? .....while they were on the way.

Oh and what about the trip to Port Canavrial first... the satisfaction guarantee says "first NON US port of call". Do you think it was a coincidence that the first port was a US port?

If you were referring to me. I was talking about the Captains speech:D Isn't that what this thread is about?

In the said speech he explained why they were doing what they were doing......... He could have just not explained a thing.........

i.e. kept in the dark;)

That's like saying:

If i was a rude person, and not a gentleman I could say "Americans are Stupid and fat" But I am not rude so I wont say that.

It like saying "No offence" to someone after you have said something that they find offensive. That does not make the comment any less Offensive.

(BTW: Thats not my opinion I am just illustrating a point)

That is exactly how I heard it ..It was like he wanted to say that..

Wait for it ......

You are right...how dare they avoid a hurricane and keep everyone safe!!

Rotten bastages!!!

:rolleyes:

From what I have been reading before in here thought the capt was probably very rude in his talk.

After seeing this he was doing his job and trying to be funny. His audience laughed so they thought he was funny.

Was on the Miracle in Feb going to the Panama Canal and we bounced around enough due to high winds on the way down. Going anywhere near a hurricane just to go to a beach would be stupid and irresponsible.

Perhaps Carnival could have found better stops but they didnt and everyone knew they were going during hurricane season so just deal with it.

It would appear the ship sailed a further distance going to RI so I can only assume that if Carnival had other alternatives that cost less they would have taken advantage of it.

Taking this out on the help who work for tips is just plan dumb and ignorant.

Wait for it ......

Illusion7,

How is the Captain not keeping you informed about him being rude in the video which is what this thread is about.

I agree, most of the speech was fine. Its just the few comments:

"lady's you don't have to cook or clean so feel lucky",

"if i were rude and not a gentleman i would say I Pick you up in new york and drop you off in new york, where you go in between is none of your business"

Of course it is their business, when you pay for a "Caribean" cruse you hope to go the caribean.

Also he made the comment about "taking forgranted that everyone knew it was huricane season". Actually I bet manny people did not know it was huricane season. I for one did not.

and the comment "Just be happy you are on vacation".

To me that is insulting as a paying customer.

I even heard that one group was planing on attending a wedding on one of the islands that were origionally suppost to be ports of call. Now if that were you would you thinkn that was none of your business?

Illusion7,

How is the Captain not keeping you informed about him being rude in the video which is what this thread is about.

I was responding to a person who wrote the captain was not being rude, he was keeping the passengers informed"

I agree, most of the speech was fine. Its just the few comments:

"lady's you don't have to cook or clean so feel lucky",

"if i were rude and not a gentleman i would say I Pick you up in new york and drop you off in new york, where you go in between is none of your business"

Of course it is their business, when you pay for a "Caribean" cruse you hope to go the caribean.

Also he made the comment about "taking forgranted that everyone knew it was huricane season". Actually I bet manny people did not know it was huricane season. I for one did not.

and the comment "Just be happy you are on vacation".

To me that is insulting as a paying customer.

I even heard that one group was planing on attending a wedding on one of the islands that were origionally suppost to be ports of call. Now if that were you would you thinkn that was none of your business?

anyone who books and pays for a cruise during hurricane season and does not take the time to learn when hurricane season is being negligent.

After the last few years the fact that there is a hurricane secret is no secret.

No offense :rolleyes:

Don't blame other for your choise to remain ignorant.

You were smart enought to create a new screen name to post on this thread...I'm sure you could easily have googled hurricane season if you WANTED to know the information..

:D

Yep.......there ya go. I thought it was a riot:rolleyes: Nothing more then one idiot trying to get his petition signed....

If they were preventing me from getting to the lobby bar and getting my DOD there would have been a riot! :p:rolleyes:

*****....petition signing during a vacation...these people need serious help.

:D

I was responding to a person who wrote the captain was not being rude, he was keeping the passengers informed"

Illusion7,

Sorry I am being dense today but I am still have difficulty understanding the correlation between him leaving you in the dark and going to Rhode Island. It would appear that that was communicated to the passengers hence the riots.

He said "if i was rude i could say"....... and then the stuff about NY. I rhink he meant if I wanted to be rude I would say I pick you up I drop you off that's it.... instead he took the time to talk with everyone and give them the whole picture.

Everyone remember the Riot on the Carnival Miracle (August 29th - Sept 6th)? This is what started it all...

I'm so glad you posted this. It confirms what I, and many others, have stated.

This man was NOT in anyway rude. He explained the entire situation clearly and concisely in simple English. He expressed how decisions are made, why they are made and explained that safety is the first consideration.

His remarks concerning "some" of the people who made the big stink were absolutely correct and directed only to those who made a$$$$$ out of themselves and turned a pleasant cruise into a nightmare for most of the passengers with their "mob" behavior.

Interestingly, there are also video clips showing the "mob" in action. Now, those people were the rude ones....and the big-mouth jerk waving his arms around (the big shot lawyer, no doubt) gets the blame for keeping things going. You want to be angry at someone? He and his fellow thugs are the perfect target.

The Captain showed amazing restraint in words and actions against these morons. I hope every one of those idiots who followed the bottom feeder and signed the "petitions" are banned forever from Carnival ships....and any other ships who get word of it.

Again, thanks for posting the link. Now we all know exacty what the Captain said - and have access to the gang of thugs who started the whole thing.

Archived