Rude Captain on Carnival Miracle? see for yourself...

batman1975

3-1/2 hours...6 pages...this does deserve the giant spoon award for best pot stirring post of the week...for dragging up a dead subject for all of us to beat on again!!!

HERE'S TO YOU "OP"...THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT!!

18148176.DCP_1581.jpg

I'm so glad you posted this. It confirms what I' date=' and many others, have stated.

This man was NOT in anyway rude. He explained the entire situation clearly and concisely in simple English. He expressed how decisions are made, why they are made and explained that safety is the first consideration.

His remarks concerning "some" of the people who made the big stink were absolutely correct and directed only to those who made a$$$$$ out of themselves and turned a pleasant cruise into a nightmare for most of the passengers with their "mob" behavior.

Interestingly, there are also video clips showing the "mob" in action. Now, those people were the rude ones....and the big-mouth jerk waving his arms around (the big shot lawyer, no doubt) gets the blame for keeping things going. You want to be angry at someone? He and his fellow thugs are the perfect target.

The Captain showed amazing restraint in words and actions against these morons. I hope every one of those idiots who followed the bottom feeder and signed the "petitions" are banned forever from Carnival ships....and any other ships who get word of it.

Again, thanks for posting the link. Now we all know exacty what the Captain said - and have access to the gang of thugs who started the whole thing.[/quote']

I totally agree with everything G'ma says.

Even if you don't cruise in the hurricane season.... there's no guarantee you will get to all your ports of call... Carnival make thet quite clear!!

The behaviour of the thugs on board would have ruined the cruise far more than being diverted for our safety!!

Still...FINANCIAL COMPENSATION seems to be a very powerful driving force!!!

I agree, most of the speech was fine. Its just the few comments:

"lady's you don't have to cook or clean so feel lucky", Since when is it rude to add a little humor to a speech?

"if i were rude and not a gentleman i would say I Pick you up in new york and drop you off in new york, where you go in between is none of your business"He directed this remark to those morons who caused the disruption, the mob scene, the unpleasantness. Rightly so! Captain looks like a man who would rather take the big-mouthed lawyer behind the bar and punch his lights out......HA!! Bet the lawyer and other "signers" of the "petition" are banned forever...again, rightly so.

Of course it is their business, when you pay for a "Caribean" cruse you hope to go the caribean. Well, ship happens. A vessel can be diverted for many reasons. You accept that when you choose to cruise. If you can't stand changes, don't cruise. If there had been a safe way to head for the CariBBean, they would have.

Also he made the comment about "taking forgranted that everyone knew it was huricane season". Actually I bet manny people did not know it was huricane season. I for one did not. Even in the law, ignorance is no excuse. If Boobus Americanus insists on leaving the comfort of their home, they should research a little, read (if they can) the rules, read the ticket contract. If they can't read or don't bother, then they should simply understand that the Captain is in charge and takes orders only from Carnival Headquarters.....not a juried up mob of idiots.

and the comment "Just be happy you are on vacation". That's exactly what should have happened. Nobody controls the weather or the sea. When things happen that are beyond anyones control, make the best of it.

To me that is insulting as a paying customer. Then don't cruise. Take a nice land-based vacation where things are more likely to go as you want them too.

I even heard that one group was planing on attending a wedding on one of the islands that were origionally suppost to be ports of call. Now if that were you would you thinkn that was none of your business? If the wedding was planned through Carnival, the Wedding Contract clearly outlines the risks:

HURRICANE SEASON:

June 10th through November 10th is hurricane season. In the event any of our regular home ports or out ports

is under hurricane or tropical storm watch or warning and your wedding cannot take place we will reschedule

your wedding to another port, or cancel your wedding. In the event your wedding cannot take place you will be

fully refunded. During this season all wedding couples being married on any outport (island) will need to send

Carnival Weddings copies of their passport or birth certificates also copies of divorce or death decrees (if

applicable.)

If it was planned independently, with a local island tour operator, there will be similar language. One should NEVER book a cruise expecting to visit every island in the itinerary. Too many things can happen that prevent the visit.

Per the video, the Captain was very clear in explaining things...and wasn't rude to anyone....except for the swipe at the troublemakers...deservedly so.

3-1/2 hours...6 pages...this does deserve the giant spoon award for best pot stirring post of the week...for dragging up a dead subject for all of us to beat on again!!!

HERE'S TO YOU "OP"...THANKS FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT!!

But now we have first-hand knowledge and not just hearsay. As the saying goes... a picture is worth a thousand words... and in this case, a million... :D

Per the video' date=' the Captain was very clear in explaining things...and wasn't rude to anyone....except for the swipe at the troublemakers...deservedly so.[/quote']

pppssssttttt..you are "discussing" things with someone who seems to know what was discussed here on the boards last month...but yet the screen name is a member from October 08, and only has posts on this thread.

:rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying but, they didnt just miss one island they missed them ALL.

Oh and by the way, this speech happened BEFORE the riot broke out.

I can also understand that you find the comments funny, but not everyone shares the same sense of humor and what one person finds funny another may find offensive. for example I love robot chicken but my wife hates it and finds it very offensive.

pppssssttttt..you are "discussing" things with someone who seems to know what was discussed here on the boards last month...but yet the screen name is a member from October 08, and only has posts on this thread.

I read for almost 6 months before I joined;)

You don't have to give me stats from N.Y.C., I'm from Brooklyn :rolleyes:

First indication when you land at JFK, if you don't keep up with the crowd you will get run over LOL.

Here you go: The Rudest City in the World from the N.Y. Times:

So, which city emerged as the most rudest? Here's what we discovered:

The Top Three: New York, Zurich, Toronto

Fred

And you believe the NY Times? LOL

Toronto is an awesome city... and never once did we ever encounter anyone rude there.. seriously..

I understand what you are saying but, they didnt just miss one island they missed them ALL.

I guess the fact that the Carribean islands are all bunched together and the hurricane was huge and heading right through them ahas no bearing on what happened at all. :rolleyes:

I guess the fact that the Carribean islands are all bunched together and the hurricane was huge and heading right through them ahas no bearing on what happened at all. :rolleyes:

what about the part where another ship that was not having propulsion problems that left port Canaveral the same day as the Miracle and went to an island that the Miracle was suppost to visit.

So since everyone else is throwing in their posts.. i will add mine..

Your posting of the video proves what most posts I have read thought...and contradicts your previous posts on other threads.

You (cruisers) took his comments/jokes out of context.

Communication and Information were in place and adequate

The Captain, obviously does not have full command of the English langauge and perhaps the guests did not (his translation of) his jests

There was absolutely nothing wrong with any of what he said..

He was correct in stating safety first

The 'rioters' should be banned from cruising... they should be ashamed of themselves..

Do you think Carnival would sell this DVD if the speech was at all incriminating? I hope they use it for whatever lawsuits come their way

And you do know you are not supposed to upload this to Youtube, right?

what about the part where another ship that was not having propulsion problems that left port Canaveral the same day as the Miracle and went to an island that the Miracle was suppost to visit.

There is an ocean of difference cruising out of NYC vs Florida :rolleyes:

I suppose the only part that might have rubbed someone the wrong way was his use of "...I pick you up in NY and drop you off in NY and where we go inbetween is none of your business". OK, the cure for that is thicken your skin and suck it up.

Actually, he said "If I wanted to be rude, I would say I pick you up in NY and drop you off in NY and where we go in between is none of your business." That puts a whole new spin on it, huh?

Diane

And the ship went where after that?

Where they to be there the same day?

And what does any of that have to do with the horrible way those passengers acted?

and you can stop trying someone already won the spoon award...LOL :p

There is an ocean of difference cruising out of NYC vs Florida :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree, but they both left Florida at the same time. One leaving directly from FL, and the other Left from NYC and docked at FL. and then left from FL at the same time.

That's like saying:

If i was a rude person, and not a gentleman I could say "Americans are Stupid and fat" But I am not rude so I wont say that.

It like saying "No offence" to someone after you have said something that they find offensive. That does not make the comment any less Offensive.

(BTW: Thats not my opinion I am just illustrating a point)

Again I quote this...

Archived