Scary flight reservation situation

ohiochic

Today was the day I decided to finally complete our Fun Pass info and print our docs so I went to the Continental website to check our flight info first. It was only showing our RETURN flight from Miami on 11/9. I logged in twice more thinking maybe it was just some glitch but there was no reservation showing for Cleveland to Miami on 11/2. I called Continental and the rep said she was only showing a return flight on 11/9. She looked further and saw we paid for round trip tickets back in January (after I told her I have my email confirmation from the original booking) so she assured me she would fix it. I told her that we are going on a cruise so our flights have to be right. She had to make a new reservation so our seats have changed. She had no idea why the original reservation "disappeared". She had me log back in so I could see the new reservation to Miami. I am so glad I checked this today and I plan to check it regularly until we cruise.

Just thought folks should know to check their flight info periodically to make sure everything is ok especially if you made your reservations months ago like we did. This was pretty scary for me. :eek:

I am glad they fixed it and didnt charge you a "sorry, its not our fault" fee! ;)

And the way airlines have been lately, not a bad idea that you have suggesting in keeping an eye on your air reservations.

Was this air you booked on your own, or via Carnival?

That is a great idea. My wife checks our reservations (Airline and Cruise Line) multiple times prior to sailing. And yes I do buy full fare airline tickets. No passes when going on a crusie because I want to number one make sure we get there, and number two it feels nice to sit back and be a real person for a change.

That is a great idea. My wife checks our reservations (Airline and Cruise Line) multiple times prior to sailing. And yes I do buy full fare airline tickets. No passes when going on a crusie because I want to number one make sure we get there, and number two it feels nice to sit back and be a real person for a change.

Judging from your name I guess you are a Northwest Pilot? I am a station agent for eagle at BNA and I DO use passes when cruising....mainly cause I couldn't afford to cruise if I had to buy tickets. As far as being a "real person" again....I'm not sure an airline employee could ever be considered a real person..it takes a special breed to deal with the stuff we deal with on a daily basis ("you mean my flight is xcld...I talked to my brother's wife's sister in chicago and she says the weather is fine :) ).

I will be flying a US based airline for the first time in January. I usually fly Air Canada, but I found a better deal with United. I am finding that the flight I am taking does not exist when I check to see departure/arrival info at either Denver or Miami...I can only surmise that this flight doesn't operate right now, but starts soon. I check one of the flights and it says it is a flight arriving from Las Vegas, and not Miami......I might as wekk keep going in on a weekly basis and check....

I also wonder if I will be refunded the fuel surcharge, but I can't see where it was applied on the ticket price. I also hope that United allows two suitcases and no luggage fee for the second bag. The info on the website is a little tricky, it says second is chargable, but then says a little further that 2nd is free.....It reads like the pet insurance I had at one time for my cat, Yes to this procedures and then a page later No to the exact same procedure!!!!

Judging from your name I guess you are a Northwest Pilot? I am a station agent for eagle at BNA and I DO use passes when cruising....mainly cause I couldn't afford to cruise if I had to buy tickets. As far as being a "real person" again....I'm not sure an airline employee could ever be considered a real person..it takes a special breed to deal with the stuff we deal with on a daily basis ("you mean my flight is xcld...I talked to my brother's wife's sister in chicago and she says the weather is fine :) ).

These days it take a special breed to deal with the airlines. LOL

I loved watching that show Airline when it was on A&E. Those employees deserved a medal for putting up with those crazy people.

wrf2e my hat is off to you-I wouldn't have the patience to put up with that. One of my best friends is a flight attendant and some of the stories she tells are just crazy.

One thing to think about if they had to make a "new" reservation for you, you may be subject to the first checked bag fees as the date on your reservation will be after the implementation date of the fees. I would call Continental to make sure those will still be waived since you booked back in January.

I will be flying a US based airline for the first time in January. I usually fly Air Canada, but I found a better deal with United. I am finding that the flight I am taking does not exist when I check to see departure/arrival info at either Denver or Miami...I can only surmise that this flight doesn't operate right now, but starts soon. I check one of the flights and it says it is a flight arriving from Las Vegas, and not Miami......I might as wekk keep going in on a weekly basis and check....

I also wonder if I will be refunded the fuel surcharge, but I can't see where it was applied on the ticket price. I also hope that United allows two suitcases and no luggage fee for the second bag. The info on the website is a little tricky, it says second is chargable, but then says a little further that 2nd is free.....It reads like the pet insurance I had at one time for my cat, Yes to this procedures and then a page later No to the exact same procedure!!!!

If you are part of Air Canada's frequent flier program then your status carries over to United because they are both members in the Star Alliance. That could be handy on getting the second checked bag fee waved, free seating in the Economy Plus section, and priority boarding to name a few benefits.

If you are not an Elite status member in the Air Canada frequent flier program then you will be subject to the $15 charge for the first bag and $50 charge for the second bag (per person), which goes into effect on November 10.

Have you ever worked a flight going to Newark? That would make a great show. I can tell you who is flying to Newark and who is going to Atlanta and Charlotte in an instant. Major attitude, if you roll with it you can enjoy it most days but yes the weather is always sunny and perfect in Jersey. :)

The flight times and sometimes the flight number will change also. We are seeing changes each month. Smaller planes seem to be replacing the larger planes also. The airline will usually email you changes in your flight but good to keep a check on it yourself.

Bless all airlines employees. I as well used to work for America West as a counter/gate agent and was cross utilized for ramp. We always said we could write a book. The best was when someone threw a pen at me because his bag did not make it from phx. People have no idea how much flack each agent takes for very, very little money, even though I sure miss the perks.

Our flights have changed at least five times since I booked in April, and will probably change that many times again between now and January. The bad thing is, our connection time in Atlanta keeps getting shorter and shorter. I keep a close watch on it as they never have emailed me the changes. Even the equipment keeps changing, so our seats do too. It's getting very frustrating...

One thing to think about if they had to make a "new" reservation for you, you may be subject to the first checked bag fees as the date on your reservation will be after the implementation date of the fees. I would call Continental to make sure those will still be waived since you booked back in January.

You're right, I will check that out today. Thank you!

It is entirely dependent on when you booked and when you are flying:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52810,00.html

I'm using passes, BUT flying down 2 days early!

Wow we should start an aviation thread. I am an Air Traffic Controller. Flying for Northwest, I am sure you have flown into DTW numerous times. Well I used to work at FNT which is just north of DTW. Since then I have transferred to bigger and better places. I am now in SAT, and loving it.

I always keep an eye on my flights because the airlines do not always let you know about changes. Usually it's just a time change but one time the flight was canceled and we were automatically re-booked on a different flight w/o notification. Luckily the new flights or times have never been a problem.

I always log on and check my flights, often the seating arrangements are changed.

Fred

Ya - what's with people trying to sit next to me??? geez!!!:rolleyes: The whole plane is empty - only 1st 10 rows filled so far - so I am trying to get a row (2 seats per side) to myself - is that so hard? Well obviously it is! I have checked back several times and have had to 'move' myself to another aisle seat as others seem to be picking the window seat next to me....now I know I'm a fun person :p - but really now - I am not going to hold your hand during the flight..... So right now I am on the aisle seat, row 12 - now don't you go putting yourself next to me.....or else!:eek:

I booked with continental before they announced their checked bag fees. At the time they only charged for a 2nd bag. So does that mean i am grandfathered in on the old policy or do i need to plan on paying for both bags?

I called Carnival to make sure we would not have to pay the luggage fee since we booked before it was added. I was told that we won't. If you booked before the change, you should be ok.

I'm planning to take my receipt with me showing the date of purchase just to make sure we don't have any problems.

Hi all,

For those of you who are flying into Miami on United, just keep in mind with 'Ted' changing back over to regular United, plane and seat changes may occur. Check your seat assignments frequently - never know when something better might pop up. (or yes I know, worse)

It won't happen soon, but you never know when magically one of the airplanes gets converted over. It'll happen on my flight, I know it.

I don't use my passes before a cruise, either. Flying from Denver in December and January?! :eek: Actually, I did use my passes for my Mobile cruise in August, but most of the time I don't risk it. Yikes, real tickets are expensive. And now I gotta actually pay the bag charge fee. Bummer. Yep, there are perks, I sure like 'em when I use 'em. ;)

Quick funny - I work on the ramp for UA and we always groan when we get a trip full of heavier than sin bags. "Cruise bags!" is our refrain. :p

Archived