HAL Discount Email

B&J1

Just got an email from HAL with a 3 day sale Oct. 15 -17. Prices look pretty impressive to me.....appears to be new bookings only.... So, I guess I waited long enough to buy our Alaska cruise for '09. Anyone else get this email & have opinions on the prices?

Just got an email from HAL with a 3 day sale Oct. 15 -17. Prices look pretty impressive to me.....appears to be new bookings only.... So, I guess I waited long enough to buy our Alaska cruise for '09. Anyone else get this email & have opinions on the prices?

I didn't get the email. Do you need a special code to get the sale price?

I don't know....it did give me a VIP number but I think it's just because I signed up on the web site...I've never cruised with HAL before. Below is the major body of the emial......

"Right now it's a cruise buyer's market with fares from $449.

Special 3-Day Mariners Preview Sale Starts October 14th

That means there's never been a better time to book. As a Mariner Society® member, you can take advantage of special 3-Day Sale fares before they open to the general public.

Cruising is already a smart value, but now swift shoppers will sail at unprecedented rates. Fares weren't this great a couple months ago, and they won't be for long. This special 3-Day Preview Sale is the best time for Mariner Society® members to lock in the best stateroom, itinerary and departure dates. Great 3rd & 4th rates are available too.

Act Fast! Sale ends Friday, October 17 at 11:59 p.m., Pacific Time"

HAL email got us a better rate than any TA or direct HAL could for our Christmas cruise. You had to call HAL and mention the email and mariner # to get this price. Check with the online agencies and if they can't match, call HAL. We saved a couple hundred per person.

ok, thx....yes, the link in the email is showing prices about $200 less than any of the online TAs at this moment. Guess I'm gonna book then. I purposely waited hoping something like this would happen given the current economic situation, I thought / hoped they would discount to sell some cabins.

...I've never cruised with HAL before.

As a Mariner Society® member,

HAL is sending a Mariner Society e-mail to someone who's never cruised with them, but someone with several hundred days doesn't get the e-mail. :eek:

What gives, HAL? :confused:

the link in the email is showing prices about $200 less than any of the online TAs at this moment. Guess I'm gonna book then.

Could you post the link showing prices & sailings? Some of us weren't lucky enough to get the e-mail from HAL. Thanks. :o:o

HAL is sending a Mariner Society e-mail to someone who's never cruised with them, but someone with several hundred days doesn't get the e-mail. :eek:

What gives, HAL? :confused:

I feel the same way. I never get an email from them or any kind of correspondence.

Terri

You need to have a Mariners number to get the Mariners discount. If you are working with an online agency that doesn’t give you the ability in out the Mariners number you won’t get the lower price. You should be able to get it through either HAL (there web site asks for the number) or a travel agent if you give them the number and the promo code.

HAL has also reduced their deposit requirement to $100/person for books made on October 15, 16 & 17.

Aunty Pat

There are two promotions right now, reduced deposit and a regular sale. Both are in conjunction with CLIA's World's Largest Cruise Night - Oct. 16th. The sale runs 15th - 17th. I was going to attach the pdf of the sale, but it's 12 pages long...

Call your TA - they should have received the promo.

I got the three day e-mail and I've seen the CLIA one but can't remember how/where??

Surprising is the three day sale actually includes "S" suites on some ships/some sailings. That is rare. Almost always they are excluded.

Ask your TA to inquire about Promo Code "FN ."

There are specials for every destination...... I checked Caribbean, Canada/New England among others and found interesting cruise specials in all.

I'm sorry for all u hard core cruisers that didn't get the email....lol...no really....lol ;) But It looks like all the online TA's r now meeting or even beating those prices....so not to worry.....everone can get the good prices :)

All one needs is the Code in order to get 'the good deals'.

I provided it.

The Code is: FN

The e-mail says in it: Share this e-mail with your friends. I think it only 'decent' if one is going to talk about a source for deals that freely states to pass along the good news that one 'give the good news'. But that's just me.

I've been checking the Alaska rates for a 2 week cruise. But up until today, they were too much money. So we booked a back-to-back cruise for August. The 14 night wasn't listed on their sale, and would have cost more than booking it as 2 7 night cruises. We loved this cruise 2 summers ago, and I'm already excited about doing it again. I checked with an online website where TA's actually bid for your business, but booking through HAL has them beat (thus far).

For the special mariner deals, I think you need to sign up for specials through the HAL site. It's either that or have booked through them directly. We had a tough decision for our Christmas cruise because we could book an inside Maasdam Caribbean 14 day for $1299 or a $1499 15 day Hawaii inside. The email was sent on 9/25. I never saw anything within $100 for 2 weeks so I booked. It was still available as a special although the room for 3 had jumped in price a little. I don't know if it is available to anyone, but the promo PC (in tiny print) is the discount with Z3 being a discount for 3/4 passengers. I personnally didn't give the code, just the date and the agent looked up the email and went from there. Do go through the sight and get added to their specials as they seem to be VERY good!

Archived