The Inaugural Invitation MIGHT be in your email

C 2 C

We were very fortunate and were also invited on this sailing. I will be doing a review of this event; and I can assure you that there will be lots of photos of everything.

rucruisn2,

I am also quite confused about dressing in "All White".

I just emailed the person in charge of this sailing and got

a nice reply.

His name is Danny and this is from his email:

"In response to your email, the attire for 11/14/08 is Business and everyone should be onboard by no later than 3:30 pm since the Naming Ceremony will start at 4:00 pm.

For the evening of 11/15/08, the suggested attire is White. There will be a white theme party that will be held in one of the lounges on that night.

Please do not wait until you received confirmation to make your flight arrangements, if you received a invite please be sure that you will be confirmed. Your confirmation will be sent out by Monday 10/20/08."

Hope this helps:)

Hi Lois,

Thanks so much for the info. That does help. It doesn't really help me, since I don't have any pants that are white, other than shorts and I don't think that would be appropriate. I look forward to seeing you again in just 29 days. Oh my, we need to start packing!:D

Hi Mike,:) to be honest part of his answer is confusing.

The email yesterday said NOT TO MAKE travel plans

until the confirming email is sent. Does your registration still

show "pending"?

But re-reading this email it looks like he is saying go ahead

and make the plans.:eek:

As for the white, that is not a problem for me;)

Hi Mike,:) to be honest part of his answer is confusing.

The email yesterday said NOT TO MAKE travel plans

until the confirming email is sent. Does your registration still

show "pending"?

But re-reading this email it looks like he is saying go ahead

and make the plans.:eek:

As for the white, that is not a problem for me;)

Hi Lois !

My reservation still says "pending" as well, but I think that's just a technicality.

As for the white night, I'm pretty confused about it too, but I am sure I will come up with something. I'm thinking of either a white polo shirt, or a white business shirt, and light colored pants. I cant decide whether I need a sport jacket or not for either night.

Sounds like when Celebrity had the Cirque shows, right ? :)

Hi Andy, you are correct.....the pending is technical.

I just got off the phone with Danny Fernandez who is in Miami

and is the one who will be sending out the confirmations.

He is "Special Events" and will be on our sailing. Very nice

person and he said I am confirmed.

I look forward to meeting him and told him there are quite

a few excited people on here:)

The Nov 14th sailing will not be full and I think quite a few

Travel Agents will be on board.

Only 1 seating for dinner (late). The White Attire is not

a demand, just a request;) as they are having one of the lounges

set up in a white theme.

I also asked him who the GodMother will be? He either doesn't know

or won't disclose it. But was very nice anyway:).

Oh, its one seating for dinner for this cruise.....I don't know about

the other ones.

Lois,

Thanks for the information. We shouldn't have a problem with the wearing white but it wouldn't have been my first choice for an outfit. They were nice enough to invite us so we will try to comply with the request although we won't be in white head to toe.

Hi Andy, you are correct.....the pending is technical.

I just got off the phone with Danny Fernandez who is in Miami

and is the one who will be sending out the confirmations.

He is "Special Events" and will be on our sailing. Very nice

person and he said I am confirmed.

I look forward to meeting him and told him there are quite

a few excited people on here:)

The Nov 14th sailing will not be full and I think quite a few

Travel Agents will be on board.

Only 1 seating for dinner (late). The White Attire is not

a demand, just a request;) as they are having one of the lounges

set up in a white theme.

I also asked him who the GodMother will be? He either doesn't know

or won't disclose it. But was very nice anyway:).

Oh, its one seating for dinner for this cruise.....I don't know about

the other ones.

Hi Lois:

How wonderful that you will get to sail on Celebrity's new beauty.

This is so exciting for all of you! I am sailing on Solstice on December 7th, so will be anxiously awaiting everything that you can share with us!!

Lois,

Thanks for the information. We shouldn't have a problem with the wearing white but it wouldn't have been my first choice for an outfit. They were nice enough to invite us so we will try to comply with the request although we won't be in white head to toe.

Hi Carol, off white with a bit of color around the edges;)

I won't be in it head to toe either:eek:

Friday night will be a nice skirt and top or that genre anyway.

Anyone else get this email?:D

So I am going to flame. Never got the email. My gripe is that I've repeatedly called Captain's Club and Celebrity, sent repeated emails and have yet to receive ANY emails from them about anything, zippo, zero, and nada.

You would think that after 26 cruises with them, they would want to keep loyal passengers. For some reason I am dropped off their list.

Shoot, I have to hear about the Captain's Club brochure here through Cruise Critic. I then call the Captain's Club and they tell me to get it on line myself.

Oh well ... I've booked a cruise with them to South America in January 2009. It might be the last one.

We are also on the 12/7 Solstice sailing. Did anyone input a credit card for onboard expenses on this 11/14 cruise? I didn't see it being asked for. I'll figure out something "white themed" for Saturday night. By the way, the 14th is DH's birthday. Thanks for an awsome present Celebrity!!!!

My mom received an invite, but since the three of us always cruise together, and the invite was for 2 only, and since her stroke has left mom still unable to cruise for at least a few more months, my sister and I called Captain's Club and asked if we could change the invite to one of us, who are Diamond Club on RCCI and Elite on X, and we were told absolutely, positively NO. My sis and I thought this would be a really nice break for us, after taking care of mom nearly 24/7 since June. But no !!!! We didn't meet their supposed criteria for selection, so it's no go. This really sucks, IMHO. But, I guess they don't want people trying this.

Wow!! You lucky cruisers that got the invite. I was just happy to book for the preinaugural on November 21. They probably would have heard me scream everywhere had I gotten a free invite!!! Congrats and enjoy a great time.

Marianne

Dracie, sorry they wouldn't change the name and let you go in leiu of all you and sis have been through. You're right, that DOES really suck!! I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for all the loyal Celebrity cruisers that didn't get the invite. Sounds like luck has something to do with it. I don't deserve it since I haven't sailed with Celebrity that many times and they never combined my RCCL cruises like they had one time said they would do.

All of you that made the grade, let us know how it is!

Marianne

Arno - Greetings! Might I ask, what does the subject line of the email read?

Are people still receiving invitations? We're Elite, Floridian Captain's Club members - no invitation, to date! We have two confirmed Equinox and one tentative Century sailings booked, but that's it for now.

Congratulations to everyone who has received invitations and will be going! We're green with envy, but very happy for you!!

Jill & Kevin

Archived