WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Hi,

Just got off the Silhouette and the Captain was Capt Emmanouoil Alevropoulos. We only heard from him twice the entire cruise - once at Muster Drill and then once on the sea day. We found the 'silence from the Bridge' very odd. Oh well, he took us around the Med very safety and that is is main priority.

:)

Hi,

Just got off the Silhouette and the Captain was Capt Emmanouoil Alevropoulos.

:)

Thank you for that info. He was the master of Millennium from Feb 2012.

I believe that he is the replacement for Captain Pagonis who shared Silhouette with Captain Kafetzis.

I have not witnessed such a large number of changes in such a short period of time before. It will be interesting to see as well who will be paired on Reflection.

167379992_CaptAlevropoulos.jpg.361db6fc8b1054b859e060af868931d8.jpg

Thank you for that info. He was the master of Millennium from Feb 2012.

I believe that he is the replacement for Captain Pagonis who shared Silhouette with Captain Kafetzis.

I have not witnessed such a large number of changes in such a short period of time before. It will be interesting to see as well who will be paired on Reflection.

Like I said - we did miss the 'contact' with the Bridge compared to last year with Capt Pagonis - but he got us home safely. (To be honest we hardly saw any of the Senior Crew and have no idea who anyone was!!)

Hotel Director Julian Brackenbury has just left Eclipse for ~6 weeks to launch the immersive wine cruises on the Constellation. Sue Richardson has taken over from him in the interim. He should be back at the end of September, he will be missed, he was great and always passed the time of day with passengers as did the majority of the officers.

Lyn

Edited by Lyn Mc

Hotel Director Julian Brackenbury has just left Eclipse ...

Lyn

Hi Lyn:

What was your sailing date for the changes?

Would you perhaps have the name of the Guest Relations Manager on Eclipse?

Were there any other staff changes from the list?

Thanks,

Arno

An update from the last contributors :D

I have not found a picture of Costas Nestoroudis as yet.. (and I ran out of space..for others as well)

WhosonBoardAug232012.png

Edited by ~Nereus~

Does Dru Pavlov (CD) and his lovely wife Melanie (CC Hostess) still work for Celebrity?

Dru now works out of the Miami office, "inspecting" the on board activities staff and Melanie no longer works on ships.

There really seems to be a lot of moving around. :confused: Someone just posted in a review that the cd now on Summit is Justin. They did not mention a last name.

Anne

That was correct for our Aug 12 - 19/12 Bermuda cruise. I also cannot remember his last name but he was very good.

My apologies to Nereus for the brief hijacking of this thread earlier. :)

Anne

No apologies necessary. Any reference to staff is welcomed and shows the positive effect of cruising with X.

My greetings to Lionel as well.

No apologies necessary. Any reference to staff is welcomed and shows the positive effect of cruising with X.

My greetings to Lionel as well.

It's very difficult for me to see a name and not attach wonderful memories. Anne, you're not alone in drifting away from the focus. Guess I'm doing it now. Sorry Arno ;)

Based on my last email with Chandru I think he is finished with Celebrity unfortunately. He did not say it was 100% but alluded to the fact he was not thrilled to be in that position. Lots of politics working for X and sometimes the good hard workers are not the first in line for advancement. Need to read between the lines here.

he was not thrilled to be in that position. Lots of politics working for X and sometimes the good hard workers are not the first in line for advancement. Need to read between the lines here.

I posted my thoughts back in May that Chandru would probably not be back. I can't think of any position that gets more hassle from above and below than the host / hostess. It's like a report that you are not as good looking as x, y, z and are therefore not as qualified...

With Chandru's great work ethic and can do attitude I was surprised he was not promoted. What happened to the tenets of work hard and work smartly to get ahead.

I wish him the best of luck. He definitely will be missed. Cannot beat a seasoned knowledgable worker like Chandru. Unfortunately he is not responding to his email anymore which I assume means he is placing his ship life behind him and starting a new work life/career.

I have also not received a response. Will post here if I do, but I don't know that I have a lot of hope after seeing the posts here from others. Just 6 weeks ago, he was certain he would be back and looking forward to it.

This is a great loss for Celebrity and, especially, those of us who have come to know him and appreciate all of his hard work. Just so sad. He will be missed.

Anne

I just received an email from a friend returning from a Silhouette cruise.

Juliano Forbes Charles is now Captains Club rep. on board of the Silhouette.
Has anyone come across this name before?

Juliana is the best CC HOSTESS we have ever had.

Chandru was the best HOST.

Juliana was on the ML and management transfered her to the SH do to her outstanding qualities.

Consider yourself lucky to sail with her.

I agree with you completely!

Has Andrew Harris retired? He was the BEST Hotel Director ever!

Edited by Can'tstopcruising