WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

You may be talking about Thomas Szymanski. He is a Senior Traveling Executive Chef. He also fills in for shorts periods. Thomas is a fantastic gentelman and good friend. It's always fun when he is aboard. ~ Ric

Hey Ric Thanks but no if you look at the up the later chart with the reflection included, it shows the actual guy Thomas Stelbrink. Thanks for the suggestion ;)

Nina was Hotel Direktor on Equinox this August

Good to know. I havent sailed with Nina in ages. She's fantastic, and hope to see her again on a future sailing.

Good to know. I havent sailed with Nina in ages. She's fantastic, and hope to see her again on a future sailing.

Yeah I agree fully Niina (two eyes, as she says) is an excellent hotel director, she and Christian (haven't seen him in years) always struck me as they that they seem to have eyes in the back of her head as well as ones in the front.

I saw that Tom is now Hotel Manager on Century, I know he's worked as Asst Hotel Director with Niina for quite a while, another ace performer on the Celebrity team

Yeah I agree fully Niina (two eyes, as she says) is an excellent hotel director, she and Christian (haven't seen him in years) always struck me as they that they seem to have eyes in the back of her head as well as ones in the front.

I saw that Tom is now Hotel Manager on Century, I know he's worked as Asst Hotel Director with Niina for quite a while, another ace performer on the Celebrity team

We just got off Century a week or so ago, and it seems that a lot of the officers were making their debut in new promotions (captain, staff captain).

Tom Brady was shadowing Jaimie Petts (another gem) for a good part of the week, do you think it was his first assignment as Hotel Director onboard Century? Would it make sense that Century has become the training vessel for newbies to get their feet wet?

We just got off Century a week or so ago, and it seems that a lot of the officers were making their debut in new promotions (captain, staff captain).

Tom Brady was shadowing Jaimie Petts (another gem) for a good part of the week, do you think it was his first assignment as Hotel Director onboard Century? Would it make sense that Century has become the training vessel for newbies to get their feet wet?

I know Christian, Niina, Raffaele have all said its like a badge of honor to serve on Century at some point during your tenure. I think most of the Captains and first officers are rotated on it as well

Hi Arno,

Just wanted to say the chart looks great. As always, thank you for your terrific work !

Thanks Andy. It's so much easier when fellow CCers post their staff spottings.

Christian (haven't seen him in years)

Christian was fired ... or let go or not renewed ... well over a year ago.

He was moved from Constellation to Summit about 2 years ago then gone.

Leonie Henry also suddenly disappeared a year ago.

Edited by ~Nereus~

I'm hoping she switches over to Silhouette by December (Never hurts to hope), she was the one that actually showed me pictures of Silhouette right after it was put in service, that sparked my interest in it.

I few months back I had wished her a Happy Birthday via Facebook, and mentioned to her that I would be on transatlantic in December, so I'm hoping she makes the hop from Equinox/Solstice

IF you hear of it happening, please post it on our roll call..... it's possible, I will be even more excited to get on that ship than I already am....

I wish that more Greek Captain's had shorter names so that print size could be a bit larger. I have included the Captains that are normally alternated on the ships listed. Please let me know if the width is still fine for your ipads or whether the chart can be stretched further a pixel or two.

I would also like to have your input concerning one of the headings. Do you think more people would be interested in the party band onboard rather than the executive chef?

WhosOnBoard2captains2012.png

I know that many, including the OP and his lovely DW, enjoy dancing. I have two left feet. Since I have dietary concerns I'd like to know the name of the Executive Chef. With my tin ear all the bands sound the same. However, my sophisticated palate (ha,ha) tells me that even though the recipes are the same, the results can be quite different.

Yes, please. I would love to know the party bands that are onboard.

We had a British band on Century - King's Parade who were the youngest I have ever seen. The Cruise Director, Sue, assured me that they were all over 12 years old :D.

Thank you to Arno for keeping this chart up-to-date. It looks excellent.

I know that many, including the OP and his lovely DW, enjoy dancing. I have two left feet. Since I have dietary concerns I'd like to know the name of the Executive Chef. With my tin ear all the bands sound the same. However, my sophisticated palate (ha,ha) tells me that even though the recipes are the same, the results can be quite different.

Party bands are okay but I agree with Mr. O, Ex Chief is an important position and many of us have friends among them. The other position I would like to see is the Restaurant Manager, the RM can really make a difference in the MDR. In fact I would trade the Ex Chef for the RM. ~ Ric

Party bands are okay but I agree with Mr. O, Ex Chief is an important position and many of us have friends among them. The other position I would like to see is the Restaurant Manager, the RM can really make a difference in the MDR. In fact I would trade the Ex Chef for the RM. ~ Ric

Would agree with that. The RM can be extremely important. Do you know who will be RM on SIL for our cruises?

It would be nice to list the RM but they are never listed on the "In The Spotlight" summary that people save from their voyages. Would the RM be more significant than the GRM for listing.?

It would be nice to list the RM but they are never listed on the "In The Spotlight" summary that people save from their voyages. Would the RM be more significant than the GRM for listing.?

I think that the RM directly affects more guests than the GRM. I can't recall ever going to the GRM for anything.

I think that the RM directly affects more guests than the GRM. I can't recall ever going to the GRM for anything.

You and Rick have a gift for names, can you list the names we should start looking for?

Edited by ~Nereus~

Hi,Arno

thanks for the fantastic work.

a bit off the ''current '' topic but your recent Officers' upgraded list shows Capt. Isidoras Karamouanas as the '' other '' captain on Century. He actually left 5th August for his 3 months leave ( flew to Athens, then onward one of the Greek Islands where his family has a holiday property). He'll rejoin Century early November. Captain Christodoulakis replaced him

as he joined the ship 2nd august in Juneau; a promotion for him from staff captain ( on Eclipse or Equinox...I'm not too sure ).

Cheers

Hope Joanne does ''better'' every day

You and Rick have a gift for names, can you list the names we should start looking for?

Zafer is scheduled to go to Solstice for the repositioning. Some others are: Cemel, who I believe was on Eclipse. Adrian, who is on either Summit or Infinity. Sirjon (spelling is wrong) who was on Connie. I'm blanking out on some others, but that's a start. The RM is responsible for all the restaurants. All Maitre d's report to him. That's why the position is important to passengers. The F&B Manger is over the RM, but you rarely see him.

Zafer is scheduled to go to Solstice for the repositioning. Some others are: Cemel, who I believe was on Eclipse. Adrian, who is on either Summit or Infinity. Sirjon (spelling is wrong) who was on Connie. I'm blanking out on some others, but that's a start. The RM is responsible for all the restaurants. All Maitre d's report to him. That's why the position is important to passengers. The F&B Manger is over the RM, but you rarely see him.

Lazo was in IN in April (our last cruise), I heard Fabio was in SI (not confirmed), then there is Alex, Ante, can't remember his name, he was from Turkey, his brother was an HD that quit to open a restruanrt in Miami. One other Croatian RM who was not that friendly. Flo thinks we met a Lady RM but can't remember her name. That's all for now.:confused: ~ Ric