WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Bernhard Stacher is the HD on the Si now. Started around 2 weeks ago and on for 4 months

Why would a real assets to X resign?

Ever thought there might be some hidden truths behind these resignations?

Just too strange for me

I think its more just the way the hospitality industry is, the figures I remember seeing a year or two ago were 29 percent changing jobs in the past year and 42 percent having done so during the past two years. So the exceptions I would think are the ones that stay. Those figures are based on land based jobs, so would guess sea based hospitality jobs would be an even higher turnover.

I just received an email concerning Solstice Sept 8 sailing:

Captain Berdos

HD Nina Hautaniemi

CD Alejandro Tartarelli

Executive Chef: Javier Carmona

It's so nice to receive updates from those on board. Thank you all who send updates for this thread.

I just received an email concerning Solstice Sept 8 sailing:

Captain Berdos

HD Nina Hautaniemi

CD Alejandro Tartarelli

Executive Chef: Javier Carmona

It's so nice to receive updates from those on board. Thank you all who send updates for this thread.

Alejandro is among the best Cruise Directors I've ever experience. Fantastic on a bilingual cruise.

So sorry to hear this!! Juliana was a real asset to Celebrity. Too many people leaving. I wish I understood what is going on. I do wish her the best.

Anne

Juliana was the best staff/crew member of any type we ever had on any of our cruises. We hope she is happy and successful in her next venture.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Juliana was the best staff/crew member of any type we ever had on any of our cruises. We hope she is happy and successful in her next venture.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Hi Bob,

Great to hear from you. Hope you and Phyl are doing well. I hate to see so many very good people leave. I believe Juliana was scheduled to be on Millennium, but was transferred. I just wish her the best.

Anne

Alejandro is among the best Cruise Directors I've ever experience. Fantastic on a bilingual cruise.

It's nice to see that he is appreciated by more than just the gorgeous young women. :rolleyes::) I agree, he is among the best. I have tried to tell him several times just how good he is, and his response is always "I can be better than I am" Well, good luck with that. :D

Anne

I think its more just the way the hospitality industry is, the figures I remember seeing a year or two ago were 29 percent changing jobs in the past year and 42 percent having done so during the past two years. So the exceptions I would think are the ones that stay. Those figures are based on land based jobs, so would guess sea based hospitality jobs would be an even higher turnover.

I totally understand, and wasn't aware of those high figures.

Staffy,

Not quite certain I understand your post.:confused: If you read these boards much, you will note that whenever a list of terrific cc hosts is given, Juliana is usually on the list. Sorry to see her leave.

Anne

RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS

We have never met either of them to be fair so can't comment. however the ones we have met have always been outstanding, as with most of X staff - always so accommodating, with our last cruise in April being an amazing crew on the SI.

However as in any large organisation people come people go, but the worst thing is when folk start to gossip and start with their rumors as to why people go/leave/resign/get fired whatever.

Suppose I just don't understand why someone would leave such a great job with a great company :confused: - but I guess we all move on at some point....

RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS

We have never met either of them to be fair so can't comment. however the ones we have met have always been outstanding, as with most of X staff - always so accommodating, with our last cruise in April being an amazing crew on the SI.

However as in any large organisation people come people go, but the worst thing is when folk start to gossip and start with their rumors as to why people go/leave/resign/get fired whatever.

Suppose I just don't understand why someone would leave such a great job with a great company :confused: - but I guess we all move on at some point....

I will not make any more comments about this subject. This thread is far too important to put it at risk.

Anne

Edited by cruiseacecat

After my last update, I received the following concerning Millennium:

HD: Darren Tiller

CD: Rich Clesen

CC Host Bruce ? .... Learning the ropes.

Chandru as reported before, rumored to be heading for Reflection.

RUMORS RUMORS RUMORS

People leave for a variety of reasons. Here are some that have applied to some X staff (no special order):

Marriage

Promotion to Miami Office

Upset at not being promoted so left

Recruited by another company. Lost Chef Andy to Princess

Family demands

Tired of cruising

Contract not renewed

Hi Arno,

Got it from VERY good authority that by my cruise starting Sept 21, INFINITY staff will be: Captain Lekkas, Staff Captain Ioanis Kasimatis, HD will be Ryan Kingston, CD may change. That's all I got.

Thanks for the heads up...

The new CC host on Millennium is Bruce Vanderboon