WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

And I've heard a rumor that Fabio just left Silhouette for holidays and will be joining Reflection.

I've changed the layout of the chart. Long names either have to be in reduced font or I have to skip Given names. Let me know if this shows up OK on your I-devices.

WhosOnboardVerticalbyship.png

Just add "captain" to the Who's on board vertical order listing.

Edited by dodger1964

Zafer is the new kid on the block and I agree a great guy. We go back to 2004 when he transitioned to an Assistant Maitre'd from a waiter. He and Czajka were always in competition but unfortunately Czajka is a Specialty Maitre'd and not a RM.

How time flies.q

Nikola is the senior RM as far as years in the position. Geo Simones has been with X longer but is not a RM.

Arno,

Everything looks great! Thanks for putting this together and figuring out a way to keep everyone happy - RM + band! :D That is a lot of work!

Thank you for the kind comment.

As I gather the pictures it reconnects me with all the fabulous voyages I have enjoyed with most of these great individuals.

From a friend on Equinox:

Report as of Sept 3 from Equinox.

Master-Apostolos Bouzakis,Master 2 Leonardos Palaiokrassas

Hotel Dir Raffaele Bernardiini,Cruise Dir Damian de Lorenzis

GRM Cameron Robertson,Ex Chef Donovan Campbell

CC Host Chandru,Rest Mgr Zafer Colak. Best wishes,Chip

Wow, some of the very best all on one ship. I want to be on Equinox right now. :) Although I would settle for Summit. :rolleyes::(

Anne

Hope you're on the mend. Equinox has had a great staff for quite a time. That's why it was rated #1.

Hi, Arno

Sue Denning's time on Century is up. John Grantham is back as at yesterday's sailing. It was known he left on a 2 months off time window late June but didn't quite know he'd right back on Century

Since Sue hardly spent 2 months on Summit before joining Century, this leads one to presume she is a ''floater'' CD ,assigned from ship to ship on a 2 +/- months rotation,,,for ~~ 6 months, then goes on a well deserved holiday for ??# months....

Cheers

Hi, Arno

Sue Denning's time on Century is up. John Grantham is back as at yesterday's sailing. It was known he left on a 2 months off time window late June but didn't quite know he'd right back on Century

Since Sue hardly spent 2 months on Summit before joining Century, this leads one to presume she is a ''floater'' CD ,assigned from ship to ship on a 2 +/- months rotation,,,for ~~ 6 months, then goes on a well deserved holiday for ??# months....

Cheers

Thanks, now back to the picture vaults... ;)

Would you happen to know who the Party Band is onboard Century as well?

Edited by ~Nereus~

Does anyone know who the Captain will be on the Reflection? Any rumors?

Sorry if this has been discussed as I have been off the boards for awhile and just catching up.

Thank you.

Carol

Other than intellectual curiosity, why does it matter? In all of my cruises with celebrity, I have not found one captain who consistently keeps the boat steady under any conditions....and I haven't found one who misses a port due to poor navigation. I'm just curious why so many seem to care who the captain is for their cruise?

Is he known as the "singing" captain? We enjoyed Capt. Demetrios on the Silhouette so much.

Thank you!

The singing captain Gerry Larsson-Fedde is no longer with Celebrity.

Dimitrios Kafetzis has also been nicknamed as the "Joker"

ghstudio: Some cruisers have been fortunate to have had some great experiences at the Captain's table and some Captains have been much friendlier than others.

Other than intellectual curiosity, why does it matter? In all of my cruises with celebrity, I have not found one captain who consistently keeps the boat steady under any conditions....and I haven't found one who misses a port due to poor navigation. I'm just curious why so many seem to care who the captain is for their cruise?

A friendly and outgoing Captain usually means a friendly and outgoing crew. You can notice the difference if you take a number of cruises in a brief time. The Equinox was the "ship of the year" and I believe that was due largely to the leadership of the Captain. Noticed the opposite on the Solstice where the Captain was more reserved. I remember the Queen Mary 2 TV show when the Captain said that his role was like the "mayor of a city". There is a social aspect to the job and while allCcaptain's employed by Celebrity are outstanding in getting us safely from port to port,some are a little short of the social skills that can add to a cruise.

Orator, could not have said it better!

The staff under Capt. Demitrios is happy and caring. We have not experienced this kind of "joy" in all the years of cruising.

Interested in the Capt of the ship out of pure curiosity!

Greek (if you've had him as a Captain, you know what I'm taking about). LOVE him!!

A friendly and outgoing Captain usually means a friendly and outgoing crew. You can notice the difference if you take a number of cruises in a brief time. The Equinox was the "ship of the year" and I believe that was due largely to the leadership of the Captain. Noticed the opposite on the Solstice where the Captain was more reserved. I remember the Queen Mary 2 TV show when the Captain said that his role was like the "mayor of a city". There is a social aspect to the job and while allCcaptain's employed by Celebrity are outstanding in getting us safely from port to port,some are a little short of the social skills that can add to a cruise.

Since everyone on board who is customer facing reports to the hotel director,it would seem far more important to know who was in that position...but there is this fascination with the captain.