Weight gain and loss after Sapphire Princess 10/18-10/25

laidbackin LA

I weighed myself consistently before and after the cruise of last week.

Departure weight: 168

Return weight: 177

177 was the weight when I walked in the door Saturday.

Sunday morning the weight was 174, a loss of 3 lb

Monday morning the weight was 172, two more lbs gone.

Crazy.

I've experienced the same thing.

When traveling, I consume a lot more sodium that I normally eat at home, which makes me retain water a lot of water. I also find that flying makes me retain water. So, after a few days back on my normal routine, I shed the excess water and am back to normal (maybe plus a pound if it's a cruise!). :rolleyes:

So lucky.I gained about 20 pounds once on a 17 day cruise when i first started cruising.Now i usually put on about 5.

Breakfast in room,Breakfast in dining room,Breakfast by the pool,Lunch around pool,lunch in dining room,pizza in afternoon,Dinner in dining room,Pizza later in evening,sometimes midnight buffet back when they had it and room service.The first couple of cruises were FLOAT and BLOAT.:o :( :eek:

TMI, indeed.

The weight this morning was still 172.

Dang! That means the real gain was 4 lbs.

To gain a pound, it takes an excess of 3500 calories beyond what is used by the body. So that means I consumed 14,000 calories more than I used during the week! That is insane, since I walked up and down about 10,000 stairs and didn't eat midnight meals.

On my 7-day RCI cruise last December...I weighed 223 the morning I left and 241, the evening I returned home. A gain of 17 pounds! Same scale...I could not believe it.

But, the second morning home, I weighed exactly the same as before I left...223 pounds. I am sure that is not healthy but, I too, experienced a big (and thankfully temporary) weight gain.

I weighed myself consistently before and after the cruise of last week.

Departure weight: 168

Return weight: 177

177 was the weight when I walked in the door Saturday.

Sunday morning the weight was 174, a loss of 3 lb

Monday morning the weight was 172, two more lbs gone.

Crazy.

Its all water amigo. The sodium content in ships food is higher. Just remember that to gain one lb. of "real" body weight takes 3500 calories.

I should be addressed as Amiga, BTW. Feminine form.

After one week home, the weight is at 172. Took a week to lose 1 lb, and had two intervening yoga classes. It's not fair!

Three weeks to go, I guess, before the pre-cruise weight is re-achieved.

I could have sworn that this posting was by a male, since no female I know would admit to weighing those numbers. I was mistaken. You're a "better "man" than i am................etc etc etc." :D

I always lose weight on a cruise; maybe that's why I love cruising so much. :) It's not hard to do... just eat the things that are really, really good; skip the mediocre; eat until you're full, not stuffed; and don't feel guilty about leaving food on your plate. I like to taste a number of things and if they're not terrific, I don't eat them.

I am a tall woman of Germanic origin but correctly proportioned. This plus anonymity allow the frankness about weight.

I LOVE IT! :D Thanks so much and I hope you realize my statement wasn't meant as an insult. Isn't anonymity terrific?

Brunnhilde, is that you?

I'm with Pam, I've always lost weight: the longer the cruise, the more weight I lose. If I could just figure out a way to stay onboard for about twelve weeks straight, I could fit into that size double-0 Armani suit on sale at Saks. . . .

We did three weeks in Tahiti and I only gained 1/2 pound - considering all the yummy sauces and other French treats that were available every time you turned around onland - I was pretty darn happy. although I have to confess that this is the first cruise ever that I've gained weight.

If you don't want to gain weight on a cruise, the easiest thing to do is not drink alcohol. For lots of folks, that is the easiest and faster way to pack on some extra 'friends'.

Archived