User name

BRITBEAR

Dear all.

Is there anyway of changing my USER NAME, the one I am using is a nickname that was given to people in my branch of the Royal Navy by all the other branches.

It appears to have backfired & I think people have got the wrong impression of me as no one on the cruise I am on replys to my threads,any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards Neil:(

Dear all.

Is there anyway of changing my USER NAME, the one I am using is a nickname that was given to people in my branch of the Royal Navy by all the other branches.

It appears to have backfired & I think people have got the wrong impression of me as no one on the cruise I am on replys to my threads,any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards Neil:(

LOL, I can see it may be an issue. But I think your profile picture should clear any confusion. Or maybe not!

Good luck. You may want to test alternative usernames here first before commiting to anything - something else might be weird about your new selection. :D

Since you have only posted 27 times and can probably track back to those threads after you change and repost with your new name if you are still interested I would just sign up again with a new name. If you don't have a second email address to use, sign up for one of the free email acounts with gmail, hotmail, yahoo, excite, lycos, operamail, etc. and use that email address for cruise critic.

Laura or one of the other board administrators may also be able to help you but the easiest and fastest way is just establish a new name and account.

Have a great next cruise.

... I would just sign up again with a new name.
From the Guidelines:

One Account Per Person

You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive. If you choose to ignore this important restriction with the intention of deceiving our members, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary user name for any reason, or if you require a user name change, please contact us. If you have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please send an e-mail to boards@cruisecritic.com.

I don't have more than one account and have been a member since 2001. I lost many posts when the boards converted and have had a number of conversations (email) with Laura about the boards.

I do my best to assist people because I am good at finding information on the internet and I really don't like being threatened with being kicked off the board for something I didn't do just suggested as a way around a problem a user was having.

Hopefully you have also contacted the original poster via his email with the informaion on how he can change his user name.

I don't have more than one account and have been a member since 2001. I lost many posts when the boards converted and have had a number of conversations (email) with Laura about the boards.

I do my best to assist people because I am good at finding information on the internet and I really don't like being threatened with being kicked off the board for something I didn't do just suggested as a way around a problem a user was having.

Hopefully you have also contacted the original poster via his email with the informaion on how he can change his user name.

I didn't "threaten" you with anything. I was merely pointing out to you (and the OP) what the rules are. I was warning the OP not to follow your bad suggestion.

WWIN....Please relax...JTL was not threatening you...He is a poster just like you & I am & can't contact the original poster.....Unfortunately some posters do not read or follow the guidelines which could get them in a trouble with the hosts..

All he was doing was posting the guidelines of this board to help the original OP...The sentence he highlighted is in the guidelines & should be followed..

Your info to the poster was totally inaccurate..And if the OP had done what you suggested he could have been banned from this board..

To the OP..This is how you can change your sign in name...Send an e-mail to boards@cruisecritic.com..

I'll quote the guidelines which JTL posted..

From the Guidelines: http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#top

One Account Per Person

You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive. If you choose to ignore this important restriction with the intention of deceiving our members, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary user name for any reason, or if you require a user name change, please contact us. If you have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please send an e-mail to boards@cruisecritic.com.

Cheers...:)Betty

From now on I will keep quiet about problems with the boards and suggest people contact the board admins with their problems.

I will try to keep my posting to dealing with answering cruise or destination questions.

Neil I hope you get your user name changed and enjoy spending time on cruise critic.

Have a nice day.

From now on I will keep quiet about problems with the boards and suggest people contact the board admins with their problems.

I will try to keep my posting to dealing with answering cruise or destination questions.

Neil I hope you get your user name changed and enjoy spending time on cruise critic.

Have a nice day.

I have been guilty of giving out bad information on this forum from time to time myself.

However, I appreciate learning when my information has been bad, so that I will not repeat it.

You have a nice day too! :)

Just trying to clear up any confusion.

Per Contact Us at the bottom of each board page:

User Name Changes: boards@cruisecritic.com Please include the following:

- Current Cruise Critic User Name

- Reason for Requesting Name Change

- Four or Five Choices for New User Name

- E-mail address of record.

Please send the e-mail from the e-mail address on record for the user name you want to change. This will help speed up the process. Also, when the old user name is changed to the new one, all previous posts will then have the new user name.

I hope this information will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Archived