New Pinnacle Menu -- In Depth

Krazy Kruizers

The menu that I posted here and the pictures of the menu that "fateknows" posted definitely shows that you have a choice of the pesto sauce or melted butter -- you just have to read and be specific.

As for the souffle -- having had it on a couple of other HAL ships when it was offered as a special, we knew to order it at the same time we placed our dinner order. That way our waiter would know when we were partway done with our entree and have the cook begin to prepare the suffles -- thus we didn't have to wait an additional half hour.

When our waiter delivered our menu, he infomred us that, if we wanted a souffle for desert, we should order it immediately so it would be reday in time.

Just tried to make PG on-line reservations for a Aug. cruise, after putting all of the information in it gave me a pop-up and a number to call. I called the number and they informed me that you could no longer make PG on-line gifts reservations and that you had to call ships service Mon-Fri to make them. HAL said it was a new policy.

Just tried to make PG on-line reservations for a Aug. cruise, after putting all of the information in it gave me a pop-up and a number to call. I called the number and they informed me that you could no longer make PG on-line gifts reservations and that you had to call ships service Mon-Fri to make them. HAL said it was a new policy.

Thanks for the information!!

Thank you!

As usual. I was putting off to the last minute booking Pinnacle reservations at the lower amount. Got to get on that in the morning.

Looks like I put out some bad information on Sunday. I called ships services on Monday to make PG reservations for or up coming cruise in Aug and I wanted a specific date and time. She said I could get that by booking on line. I went through what had happened the day before and they said I was misinformed. You can still book PG through gifts online. While I had her on the phone I got on the web, had no problem making the reservation and it was still $20.00. I then asked her if it was going up to $25.00 on the 16th and she told me they had back off of that for the time being. Then the old caution, but that could change and it could go up at anytime.

Is gratuity included? and the pinnicle really worth it?

Last time I ate at a speciality resto (on Oceania) I did not think it was that special. The space was more intimate but the food, while on paper, looked more impressive, was no better on the palete. Plus, oddly, the service was not as good.

Is gratuity included? and the pinnicle really worth it?

Last time I ate at a speciality resto (on Oceania) I did not think it was that special. The space was more intimate but the food, while on paper, looked more impressive, was no better on the palete. Plus, oddly, the service was not as good.

Right now it is $20 per person -- don't know when HAL will change it to $25 as they have backed off raising the fee. That $20 DOES NOT have a gratuity added on to it. If you wish to tip your servers, you can do so at the end of dinner -- only in cash -- there is no way you can add a tip onto HAL's bills.

We have always had excellent meals in the Pinnacle and excellant service. Only once did I have to send back my chocolate volcano cake -- not bad considering that we have had problably 50 meals there in various ships.

Looks like I put out some bad information on Sunday. I called ships services on Monday to make PG reservations for or up coming cruise in Aug and I wanted a specific date and time. She said I could get that by booking on line. I went through what had happened the day before and they said I was misinformed. You can still book PG through gifts online. While I had her on the phone I got on the web, had no problem making the reservation and it was still $20.00. I then asked her if it was going up to $25.00 on the 16th and she told me they had back off of that for the time being. Then the old caution, but that could change and it could go up at anytime.

Thanks for the information -- think we will call HAL tomorrow to make some reservations.

our confirmed reservations were for 8 p.m., and we got moved back to 7:30, after trying to tell us we'd requested 6:30. We were told there was no room at 8:00 p.m. Well, we watched. We were the last table to enter that night. If they'd wanted to shut down early, I'd have preferred honesty to mis-statement.

We've had that happen a few times. We prefer to eat late and found that the 8:00pm and later reservations became mysteriously unavailable. When we arrived for our 7:30 reservation we found that we were the last seating.

When we arrived for our 7:30 reservation we found that we were the last seating.

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I was beginning to wonder if we were the only people that this had happened to! For us, it was not a big deal. I hope it worked okay for you, too. Maybe in future we'll book 7:30 res on a sea day (early is easier for us on a sea day, rather than a port day).

That's interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I was beginning to wonder if we were the only people that this had happened to! For us, it was not a big deal. I hope it worked okay for you, too. Maybe in future we'll book 7:30 res on a sea day (early is easier for us on a sea day, rather than a port day).

We were on vacation! so it worked out fine. We still had a great dinner!

Does anyone know where I can find a lunch menu for Pinnacle?

Thanks,

Rabbitlady

Sailing on the Veendam in 3 days!

I took some pictures of the lunch menu. They aren't the best and you'll need to bring them up to 100% to read them. Maybe someone has better shots. If not, here they are:

cruise036.jpg

cruise037.jpg

cruise038.jpg

• 1 month later...
Are you able to request a second portion at the Pinnacle Grill???

You can order as many sides as you wish, but there is an extra charge if you order a second entrée.

There's more than enough food with one dish from each course. Much more than enough! And it's all delicious.

• 1 year later...

Oh my - Lobster Mac/Cheese...cannot wait for our Jan 2011 cruise on the NA for that Pinnacle experience...and to book before Dec 15 and save $5/each...bargain! We'll be booking two Pinnacle dinners cause you always have to experience the steak at least once. ;)

SP

This is a very old thread. The Pinnacle costs $20 per person -- no way to save money unless you are a 3 star or 4 star Mariner. Three star Mariners pay only $15 per person and 4 star Mariners pay $10 per person. When you make the reservation either online or by calling Ship Servives -- you pay for it on your credit card -- full price. Those that are 3 and 4 star Mariner's will be credited the difference once they are on the ship and have eaten at the Pinnacle.

New Pinnacle Menu that was started when we were on the Zuiderdam Nov 2009:

The Beginning:

French Onion Soup King Louis XV - beef broth with aged cognac & caramelized onions, baked with gruyere croutons

Spicy Chicken Coconut Soup - fragrant coconut milk & lemon grass

Lobster Bisque - crème fraiche & aged sherry

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - brandy horseradish cocktail sauce

Vine Ripened Beefsteak Tomato Salad - sliced purple onion, balsamic vinaigrette or blue cheese dressing

Baby Arugula Salad - tossed with sliced red onion, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and a warm bacon dressing topped with smoked bacon & chopped egg

Caesar Salad - crisp romaine tossed with very own Caesar dressing, grated parmesan cheese, garlic croutons and anchovies, prepared tableside

Dungeness Crab Cakes - spiral shaved cucumber & sweet chili-mustard sauce

Pinnacle Ocean Platter - carpaccio of lightly smoked salmon, accompanied with hot smoked salmon, sea scallops and wasabi cream

The Grill:

Filet Mignon, New York Strip Steak, Bone-In Rib Eye Steak, Porterhouse - served with our own hand crafted sauces: sun-dried tomato; Master Chef's green peppercorn bearnaise; horseradish mustard; hollandaise; maitre d' garlic butter

Colorado Lamb Chops - spiced apple chutney & fresh mint jelly

Grilled Veal Chop - marinated overnight in a savory blend of rosemary, garlic & pepper vinegar with scallions

Chicken Breast - stuffed with spinach & garlic herb cheese & served with lemon garlic beurre blanc sauce

Filet Steak Diane - pan-seared medallions of beef tenderloins & enriched with mushrooms & cognac

Filet Mignon Burger - a half-pound of freshly ground beef, fin herbs & truffle-infused

Sea Food:

Broiled King Salmon - troll caught (for sustainability) in Alaskan waters, quick seared & broiled, served with your choice of lemon garlic herb splash or sesame-soy kalbi

Broiled or Poached Lobster Tail - on a bed of wilted spinach & arugula, mustard seed & "mangochurri" pesto sauce or melted butter

Cedar Planked Black Cod with Shrimp Scampi - roasted garlic & cilantro butter

Pinnacle Signature Skewers:

Beef Delight - beef tenderloin marinated with parsley, onion, thyme, rosemary & marjoram

Tantalizing Lamb - lamb loins marinated with herbs, garlic, cumin, honey, coriandor & red chilies, served with yogurt sauce

Chicken & Turkey Temptation - with onion confit & tomato coulis

Deletable Seafood - shrimps & swordfish, seasoned with lemon, paprika, garlic, mustard, cayenne & dill

Vegetarian Zen - array of mixed vegetables seasoned with herbs de provence

Side Dishes:

Creamed Spinach, Sautéed Button Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions, Asparagus, Scalloped, Whipped, Jumbo Baked or Shoestring Potatoes and/or Basmati Rice

The Finale:

Not-So-Classic Baked Alaska, Warm Grand Marnier Chocolate Volcano Cake, Velvet Soufflé – Chocolate or Vanilla, Creamy Homemade Raspberry Cheesecake, Chocolate And Raisin Bread Pudding, Pinnacle Crème Brulee, Fresh Seasonal Fruits and Berries, Premium Ice Cream or Sorbets and/or the Assortment of International Cheeses.

Archived