New Pinnacle Menu -- In Depth

Krazy Kruizers

It sounds as though they are not honoring reservation times made online. There is a statement in the FAQ on HAL's website that says that you cannot select a special time/date. And FATEKNOWS is telling us that their reservation was not honored.

We made a reservation 3 months ago and are not expecting the restaurant to know about it. We like to eat late, and don't care if we are seated at 9PM or later. Will this make it any easier to get reservations?

when we were on the Zuiderdam in April, I checked my reservations (that I had made on line) and all was in order. No rebooking necessary:):)

when we were on the Zuiderdam in April, I checked my reservations (that I had made on line) and all was in order. No rebooking necessary:):)

I booked my Pinnacle dinner (for Zuiderdam in Sept) over the phone because the online process wouldn't work (before they changed the website). Every time I tried, it just gave me a phone number to call. IIRC, it was the general reservations number.

Anyhow, I got to someone who could take the booking. Now, here's my question. Should this reservation show up on my personal itinerary? My two shore excursions bought on line do show up, but no Pinnaclle. Also (oops, make that TWO questions), should I see a charge for the Pinnacle on my credit card, as I do for the shore excursions?

I booked my Pinnacle dinner (for Zuiderdam in Sept) over the phone because the online process wouldn't work (before they changed the website). Every time I tried, it just gave me a phone number to call. IIRC, it was the general reservations number.

Anyhow, I got to someone who could take the booking. Now, here's my question. Should this reservation show up on my personal itinerary? My two shore excursions bought on line do show up, but no Pinnaclle. Also (oops, make that TWO questions), should I see a charge for the Pinnacle on my credit card, as I do for the shore excursions?

No

We had the same problem as we booked our Pinnacle reservations via Ship Services and when the new site appeared -- those reservations didn't show up. So I called HAL and they explained that they haven't figured out how to incorporate phone reservations onto the new system. But the lady that I talked to assured me that our reservations do show up on their old system.

I did run off a copy of our e-mail when we made the reservations -- I always ask for them to e-mail a confirmation so that I can take it along with me.

No, there is a glitch in the system as far as old reservations showing up. I emailed ship services and they sent me a snap shot of our reservation. You should see a charge on your credit card.

We were given a free dinner from HAL as part of the reservation process. How do we get this taken care of with early reservation time online?

You can not make any reservations for a specific night with any free Pinnacle Dinners gifted to you by a TA until you are on the ship.

You will get a gift card in your cabin indicating that your TA has given you a free dinner in the Pinnacle. This is when you can either call the Pinnacle or go down and see them to make the reservation.

When you go for that dinner you will need to turn over that card to the manager.

I was hesitant to book the PG on the phone or on-line, so we made a reservation on board. We were able to get the time and the date that we wanted right away.

We liked it so much, we at there again, instead of the Master Chefs dinner. We were sad to learn, too late, that lunch is served there, because we would have done that too!:)

Even before the new Pinnacle menu came out, the souffle was offered at least one evening on each cruise a special item -- we got to try it and fell in love with it.

The chocolate one is really good.

If so many people hadn't pre-booked the Pinnacle and gotten gift cards from TA's, I was going to try that Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. But we couldn't get a decent reservation time on our second week.

Yonnie, On the Westerdam in February, I ran into the 2nd Chef in the Lido one night. I told him how much I loved the Mac and Lobster, but that we were eating in the MDR (Formal night) the next night and was sorry that I'd not be able to have it once more. He asked me what table and dining table we had as he'd make sure I got my Mac and Lobster in the MDR if I wished. OF COURSE I WISHED!!!

The next day he asked me if I still wished and hehehe YES... He said just tell your server and they will call for it. I did and got my Mac and Lobster in the MDR!! Everyone but hubby asked how I was so special and I told them, "Ya just gots to know who and how to ask." Of course one man did ask my hubby if I always ate children's dishes. Guess he'd never had the pleaseure of trying it. Poor man....:D

Next time, if you cannot make the Pinnacle Grill, search out the Head or 2nd Chef in the Lido and explain, and you will receive!!

Joanie

Joanie

The original date of this thread is way back in 2008. We had been on a back-to-back cruise on the Eurodam and the second week of the cruise the Pinnacle was comletely booked up for the second week before people even got on the ship. We couldn't even get a reservation and had not booked one before we left home.

That was when we heard how good the Mac & Lobster was. After a couple of more cruises DH finally decided to try it. What he got in the Pinnacle was nothing more than a very runny soup with a few pieces of marcaroni in it and about 2 tiny pieces of lobster in the center. It was awful.

We have asked our area captain on a few occassions for something special the following evening -- and we have received it.

But I can assure you -- DH will never ask for Mac & Lobster.

There is definitely a reservations problem. My reservations were not processed on the Amsterdam either. I had made them by phone because online I kept getting the message that function was not available. Got the date and time I wanted by phone about one week before cruise. Then when I did not get a reservation card on board by the morning of date, I went to the PG to double check it. I was not too happy that they actually had a record of the reservation, date and VISA payment but I did not have a table. (Glad we did not show up excited and ready to eat that night!) The story given was that I still had to confirm it once I was onboard. No apology, all my fault. :confused: ?? Strange to have the reservation recorded and it paid but still not honored. Why would I pay and not show up? Silly, but we viewed the PG visit like another excursion to be enjoyed. Well, I got one of the last nights available (less desirable because it was after a busy shore day and much later than we like to eat). However, every course was simply heavenly, the best meal we had on the ship. The two ladies who served us were excellent, excellent! Highly recommend it, just double check everything! Definitely a wonderful experience and worth the extra charge.:):)

Joanie

The original date of this thread is way back in 2008. We had been on a back-to-back cruise on the Eurodam and the second week of the cruise the Pinnacle was comletely booked up for the second week before people even got on the ship. We couldn't even get a reservation and had not booked one before we left home.

That was when we heard how good the Mac & Lobster was. After a couple of more cruises DH finally decided to try it. What he got in the Pinnacle was nothing more than a very runny soup with a few pieces of marcaroni in it and about 2 tiny pieces of lobster in the center. It was awful.

We have asked our area captain on a few occassions for something special the following evening -- and we have received it.

But I can assure you -- DH will never ask for Mac & Lobster.

I saw that Yonnie, sorry about that. I posted my OMG at the exact same time you were posting yours..

I think they must have changed the recipe (at least a little bit) because mine was absolutely perfect:)

Joanie

New menu sounds yummy!

I sometimes eat in Pinnacle and other times I don't. On my upcoming sailing I will eat there at least one night.

I want to wait until the October 11 day Maasdam sailing occur. This way I will know which night is a better one to book for.

No

We had the same problem as we booked our Pinnacle reservations via Ship Services and when the new site appeared -- those reservations didn't show up. So I called HAL and they explained that they haven't figured out how to incorporate phone reservations onto the new system. But the lady that I talked to assured me that our reservations do show up on their old system.

I did run off a copy of our e-mail when we made the reservations -- I always ask for them to e-mail a confirmation so that I can take it along with me.

I emailed yesterday morning, but still haven't had an answer. I went back through emails and my credit card statement, but no evidence of anything. I have email confirmations for shore ex because they were booked online. If I don't get an email tomorrow, I'll call HAL and double check. (I would try the online chat, but I can never find the link for it.)

New menu sounds yummy!

I sometimes eat in Pinnacle and other times I don't. On my upcoming sailing I will eat there at least one night.

I want to wait until the October 11 day Maasdam sailing occur. This way I will know which night is a better one to book for.

Oh, PLEASE post a review of this cruise when you get back. We're thinking about this for 2011. It sounds like a great itinerary.

I emailed yesterday morning, but still haven't had an answer. I went back through emails and my credit card statement, but no evidence of anything. I have email confirmations for shore ex because they were booked online. If I don't get an email tomorrow, I'll call HAL and double check. (I would try the online chat, but I can never find the link for it.)

Many times over the years we have booked Pinnacle Grill through Ship Services. Before I even give them my credit card number I always ask them to send me an e-mail confirmation. Ship Services won't send you one unless you ask for it.

So I get that -- take it along with me as well as my credit card statement that shows what I have paid HAL.

Yes -- we did have a problem one time and I just pulled out all my copies -- the concierges e-mailed HAL -- took a couple of days -- but everything was straightened out. They made copies of my copies of proof of reservations and shipboard credit (lots of problems on one cruise).

Thank you Krazy Kruizers! I will be soon be dining at the Pinnacle Grill and was torn between ordering the Lobster Mac and Cheese or a more traditional Porterhouse steak dinner---tradition wins, as usual!

Many times over the years we have booked Pinnacle Grill through Ship Services. Before I even give them my credit card number I always ask them to send me an e-mail confirmation. Ship Services won't send you one unless you ask for it.

So I get that -- take it along with me as well as my credit card statement that shows what I have paid HAL.

Yes -- we did have a problem one time and I just pulled out all my copies -- the concierges e-mailed HAL -- took a couple of days -- but everything was straightened out. They made copies of my copies of proof of reservations and shipboard credit (lots of problems on one cruise).

I did get an email from HAL this evening confirming that my resrvation is in the system. I went to check my itinerary, but the server is having problems. And yes, you bet I'm saving the email just in case.

Our favorite is the filet.

The filet is always a good choice.

The last time, we tried the new skewers prepared at the table and were quite pleased with both the presentation and the food. Always good to have alternatives :D

EVeryone keeps talking about the Lobster Mac and Cheese, but the updated menu that KK posted doesn't show it. Is it still there, or has it been removed from the new menu? I certainly didn't see it there on our Zuiderdam cruise last October, or I certainly would have ordered it.

Can anyone advise as to the "status" of the Lobster Mac and Cheese being on the menu?? Thanks!

Archived