Princess Please Read - Elite Suggestion

regnig

This is from the RCCL website:Diamond Level is after 10 cruises

Diamond-level and above and guests reserved in the Grand Suites or above can now take advantage of the Concierge Club. Available on the Enchantment of the Seas® and all Voyager and Radiance-class ships, Concierge Club guests will receive this complimentary service that provides assistance with any special requests they may have while sailing. As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests including: con_bulletgray_ico.gif A dedicated Concierge who is available to assist with anything you require con_bulletgray_ico.gif Twenty-four-hour a day use of the Concierge Club Lounge con_bulletgray_ico.gifContinental breakfast every morning† and open bar & hors d'oeuvres every evening available in the Concierge Club Lounge

I just left their website and could not find these words under their diamond perks??

Ron

Are you saying I am lying? Why? I am booked to sail on CB on 2/1 (southern) and have already admitted I prefer Princess. Our very good friends, are not lying to us. They have sailed iwth RCL close to 20x and we just convinced them to go on their 2nd Princess cruise with us. They like Princess also but admit, it was very tough to give up their perks this time. I am actually going to ask her to join this site and contribute. Skeptics can quiz her a you see fit.

With the enhancement of the CC program to include additional credit for days at sea, single supplement, and full suites, I would like to see credit for cruises paid for in full but not taken. I am in the unenviable position of having had to do that three times, and since Princess got paid in full, I think it's only fair to receive credit.

Come on kids, please lets leave this thread civil and on subject. If you don't agree with the premise that some of us feel Princess has the best repeat customer program that's okay as it is your opinion. This thread wasn't entitled "Who has the best repeat customer program" instead it was intended to be about Princess's Elite program and the possibility of an enhancement to it.

Keep those YES votes coming!

I'm a little newer to the Princess Cruises only going on my 3rd in March.

I will vote yes and yes since my DH and I plan on sticking with Princess for future cruises and hope to join the ranks of Elite someday.

We usually book full suites now so we already enjoy many of the Elite perks and have to admit they are awesome:D

Andrea

I'm going to cast "3" votes for yes on this. Husband, daughter and myself are all Elite and we usually sail in full suites. Would be happy with 2 set ups during the cruises also though. Won't be greedy on asking for 3 or 4 though. But, 2 would be nice.

I don'y think so - after doing research I find that non of the competing lines have any free internet or free laundry service.

Ron

Carnival has free laundry (wash, dry and fold) when you become platinum... so it's now our second favorite cruise line with airline luggage restrictions.

I'm a little newer to the Princess Cruises only going on my 3rd in March.

I will vote yes and yes since my DH and I plan on sticking with Princess for future cruises and hope to join the ranks of Elite someday.

We usually book full suites now so we already enjoy many of the Elite perks and have to admit they are awesome:D

Andrea

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Princess Andrea! So easy to get hooked! Barbara :D :D

With the enhancement of the CC program to include additional credit for days at sea, single supplement, and full suites, I would like to see credit for cruises paid for in full but not taken. I am in the unenviable position of having had to do that three times, and since Princess got paid in full, I think it's only fair to receive credit.

I agree. If you paid for it they should give you credit at the very least.

As for enhancements to an already good program, maybe you should all wait for the recession to be over and for Carnival to reinstate their dividend to stock holders before requests for additional perks.

No I am not a stock holder, but the timing of this request seems poor to me.

• 2 weeks later...

We are hitting 30 cruises on Princess and think their benefits are great.Each passenger who is Elite should get their own benefit not per stateroom.I think" extra elite" if that should ever happen should get all suite benefits.Kathe

As a lowly Platinum member with 11 Princess cruises under my belt, I agree with your suggestion.

However, I do not agree that Princess has the 'best repeat passenger program on the seas' in all areas.

Just thought I'd mention it. Other higher end cruises no doubt have even better perks but RCCL and Princess are somewhat comparable cost wise.

2 x Yes on the mini-bar

NOBODY in the industry beats the free laundry/dry-cleaning at the Elite level! Every cabin catagory---every cruise---that's how they keep my business :D

It's doubtful that any requests that cost them money will be considered but it's a nice thought.

Lets not forget about the RCI reserved seating sections by the pool & in the show lounge. This perk doesn't cost them a cent.

Perhaps it time to think up something that Princess might consider.

Yes, I will ask them Pam but lets be honest here, do you think they don't get priority embark and disembark when they are diamond? I think that and discount purchases of already ovepriced merchandise is about as basic as it gets. I bet even NCL offers those perks. However, I shall ask.

Hi - I'm a 1st time poster and signed in because live4vacay asked me to help clarify benefits my husband and I get as diamond members on RCCL. We have sailed on RCCL about 14 times and have been diamond members for several years. Here is a partial list of some of the perks we have personally received: priority boarding and disembarking, plus a private lounge to wait in before we disembark with mimosas and continental breakfast, we are always on the 1st tender off the boat when we get to port, we are 1st in line for any excursion we want and don't have to worry about signing up for them in advance, we get concierge club (cc) service which has free booze from 12-9 (although its serve yourself until 4 or 5 - I can't remember the exact time) and free appetizers from 4-7, we get a booklet with coupons for a lot of free stuff including internet, bar drinks, and photos, we get several parties just for diamond and platinum members, we get free gifts, and we often get treats left in our room like chocolate dipped strawberries. I saw Princess gives free dry cleaning - we do not get that. Oh and one more thing - for RCCL even after paying the final payment, we are still guaranteed the lowest price and they have given us OBC after having made final payment for a cruise. We are currently fighting with Princess to get the same thing because the price of our of 2/1 sailing went down $600.

Archived